Kill still bitter on Fleck “As for my personal feelings I’m not taking him to dinner. I’ll tell you that.”; not sure if they’ll be a pregame handshake

Apparently Jerry still married. From a strib article today:
"I'm just glad that my wife [Rebecca] was here, my granddaughter was here — it was a surreal moment," Kill added. "I've never been the same since I left Minnesota and never will be. So the people that don't like me or are disgusted with me or whatever – it doesn't change the way I feel about this place."

"I'm just glad that my wife [Rebecca] was here, my granddaughter was here — it was a surreal moment," Kill added. "I've never been the same since I left Minnesota and never will be. So the people that don't like me or are disgusted with me or whatever – it doesn't change the way I feel about this place."
I'm glad he's still married - I wouldn't wish that on anyone even if I don't like them.

Am I the only one who still is perplexed by even these type of comments? It's like he's halfway backtracking his previous words but still mixes in the "poor me" type of stuff. I don't get it.

I'm glad he's still married - I wouldn't wish that on anyone even if I don't like them.

Am I the only one who still is perplexed by even these type of comments? It's like he's halfway backtracking his previous words but still mixes in the "poor me" type of stuff. I don't get it.
Jerry-speak.

Yep, he still acts like people had no reason to be mad or disgusted with him. Like they just don't like him for no reason or something.

I certainly am glad things happened the way they did last and there wasn't any kind of incident.

Well Rebecca was his full time driver for a while (he couldn't drive) when in MN IIRC.

Someone has to drive him.

The pregame handahake happened because PJ made it happen. He approached Kill, not the other way around. And it's just an impression, but I got the feeling Kill wanted to make it a 2 second affair and was trying to walk almost immediately, but PJ wouldnt let him.
I didnt see the post gamer.

They shook hands and talked briefly before the game and then again after the game. Think P.J. addressed it post-game too.

It's over.

What does that even mean? He said he never wanted to come back? He will never change the way he feels about the place? Which is it?

He is a straight up egomaniac

I'm surprised he's not all humped over from carrying that cement block-sized chip on his shoulder.

Kill is a really good football guy who has overcome all sorts of challenges to serve as a head coach at the FBS level. I really admire him for that and I wouldn't wish his physical ailments on anyone. The seizure issue had to be an on-going and absolutely grueling trial for him.

But I've found out in life that there are basically three types of people: (1) people who see the glass as at least half full, (2) people who see the glass as being less than half full, and (3) people who ask "why is there water all over the floor?" I don't know how Kill feels in his heart of hearts. My guess is he's extremely grateful that he's reached so many of the goals he set out for himself in life. But his public comments always seem to tend toward "Sh*t rolls downhill and I'm somehow always standing in the valley with a catchers' mitt."

I wish him well.

To me Kills comments mean he really liked his time here, and is obviously a little emotional coming back to a place that meant something to him…. Which is good

Some of you are acting more butt hurt than you say Kill is…time to move on

there was a camera shot on the two of them after the game and Kill was smiling. it looked very amiable.

after the game, Kill certainly did not apologize for anything he's said, but he seems to cast it in a slightly different tone. I wonder if someone got to him and convinced him to tone it down.

but I think we can let this one go now.

unless we somehow find out that the Coach of Western Illinois said something about Fleck once. Then we can start a new feud.

It’s a little weird. In New Mexico he talks about his girlfriend. Her name is Simone.

To me Kills comments mean he really liked his time here, and is obviously a little emotional coming back to a place that meant something to him…. Which is good

Some of you are acting more butt hurt than you say Kill is…time to move on
He’s human. But for his health issues he probably is still coaching the U and has another $20 million in his pocket. Claeys firing after going 9-3 thrown in for good measure and I get it—I even get his issues with PJ banging the culture drum. A better man would have said nothing but I don’t know that any of us in his shoes could guarantee we would take the absolute high road.

He’s human. But for his health issues he probably is still coaching the U and has another $20 million in his pocket. Claeys firing after going 9-3 thrown in for good measure and I get it—I even get his issues with PJ banging the culture drum. A better man would have said nothing but I don’t know that any of us in his shoes could guarantee we would take the absolute high road.
I still like the Killer. I just can't judge him too much. I've never been through the health issues he has had to endure. Also, sticking up for his former assistant is no criminal offense.

I still like the Killer. I just can't judge him too much. I've never been through the health issues he has had to endure. Also, sticking up for his former assistant is no criminal offense.
Thing is, he could have stood up for his former assistant without accusing PJ of not caring about his players and making underhanded comments about PJ’s divorce to a woman with whom he lost a child. Fine if you’re willing to overlook that but I haven’t seen Jerry offer up anything resembling an apology.

Thing is, he could have stood up for his former assistant without accusing PJ of not caring about his players and making underhanded comments about PJ’s divorce to a woman with whom he lost a child. Fine if you’re willing to overlook that but I haven’t seen Jerry offer up anything resembling an apology.
Kill should be mad at Coyle, not PJ or the rest of the U of M.

Jerry Kill had deep emotional scars between his epileptic seizures that forced him to step down as Gophers Football each coach and what transpired afterward with Tracey Claeys.

Let the healing begin. Kudos to Coach Fleck for taking the high road.

It was 9-4. 8-4 with a bowl win. They shoukd have beat PSU so maybe you gave him credit for that win!

I like Jerry Kill. Thankful for what he did here. He should have taken the high road with PJ, but we all have people that we just don’t like. 🤷‍♂️ Not really a big deal. PJ fans seem to take Kill’s view on him personally, not sure why? Now, what about Glen Mason being fired?

I like Jerry Kill. Thankful for what he did here. He should have taken the high road with PJ, but we all have people that we just don’t like. 🤷‍♂️ Not really a big deal. PJ fans seem to take Kill’s view on him personally, not sure why? Now, what about Glen Mason being fired?
I'm not sure I follow. I think people are saying it reflects poorly on Kill. I don't think most are taking it personally. There a couple posters here that seem to have a big axe to grind with Kill but I think they are in the minority. Most just think Kill is looking immature/bitter.

Mason and Brewster were fired and from what I can tell both took the high road.

I'm not sure I follow. I think people are saying it reflects poorly on Kill. I don't think most are taking it personally. There a couple posters here that seem to have a big axe to grind with Kill but I think they are in the minority. Most just think Kill is looking immature/bitter.

Mason and Brewster were fired and from what I can tell both took the high road.
I agree with most of this - Kill looks immature and bitter. However, this goes back a ways and the angst about Kill started as soon as he said anything bad about PJ. For some reason, that has never been allowed around these parts. That is the #1 reason I rarely post on this board anymore. Maybe it has changed, but a couple years ago any negative thoughts toward PJ were basically not allowed. It’s an odd dynamic. My $0.02.

Top Bottom