Kill still bitter on Fleck “As for my personal feelings I’m not taking him to dinner. I’ll tell you that.”; not sure if they’ll be a pregame handshake

the tie is the only resemblance PJ will ever have to tressel. they only came back to get to the league. it's not hard to understand. Seems like every once in a while there are players coming forward with all the reasons why he is a clown. To each his own, but mature is certainly something Peej is not.
What? Do you even remember watching Jim Tressel? PJ might as well be Jim Tressel when it comes to game management. He has Tressel-ball down to an (infuriating) science.

Also get outta here with the sideline antics comments. Jerry Kill used to scream himself red in the face on the sideline. Guy might still be coaching at MN if he had ever learned to control his emotions.

Getting tired of hearing about this rivalry. Hoping Fleck takes the high road and they can both move on without more animosity.

Could easily be wrong, but this could also just be Kill being/trying to be a "showman".

Put some more interest in what might otherwise be a "boring" "preseason" game?

It has to be a tough life getting so bothered by these things. I hope you can find peace.
PJ gave guys like "JoeSchmoe" a free pass by making it clear that he isn't for everyone. Folks here need to do the same. Its time to recognize that and move on

Feels like Kill was goaded into response from Shooter just to stir something up.

Yaaaawwwn.....

This all kinda reminds me of the Howard Stern/KQ Morning Show "rivalry" back in the day when Stern tried to muscle his way into the Twin Cities market. Stern was a petulant asshat, continually trying to bait Barnhard into some kind of verbal war. Barnhard took the high road and said absolutely nothing the entire time.
Eventually Stern's show left the TC airwaves with its tail between its legs and Tom Barnhard came out looking like the good guy....(even though I think Tommy B. is an asshat himself).
Now I don't think Kill is going out of his way to bring all of this stuff up, but he could surely decline to talk about it whenever a reporter asks. He is doing himself no favors.

This all kinda reminds me of the Howard Stern/KQ Morning Show "rivalry" back in the day when Stern tried to muscle his way into the Twin Cities market. Stern was a petulant asshat, continually trying to bait Barnhard into some kind of verbal war. Barnhard took the high road and said absolutely nothing the entire time.
Eventually Stern's show left the TC airwaves with its tail between its legs and Tom Barnhard came out looking like the good guy....(even though I think Tommy B. is an asshat himself).
Now I don't think Kill is going out of his way to bring all of this stuff up, but he could surely decline to talk about it whenever a reporter asks. He is doing himself no favors.

Yeah the longer this goes on ... well actually now.

This seems like a self serving / one sided rivalry that just looks pitifil. How invested Kill is I have no idea, but media folks looking for clickbait or Jerry for attention, just looks bad for them.

Getting tired of hearing about this rivalry. Hoping Fleck takes the high road and they can both move on without more animosity.
Fleck HAS taken the high road.

I hope he puts a 70 spot on Ol' Jer the Ball Coach.

And then responds to any questions with "Jerry who?"

but he does harbor some resentment for Fleck saying that there was a character deficiency in the previous regime.
has Ol' Jer ever mentioned it was a few of his players who decided to record themselves running a train on some Gopher coeds, what he think was going to happen to his coaching successor 🤦

I personally welcome all opinions -- including those I don't agree with -- but checking the account history on @JoeSchmoe leads me to believe we're not talking about an unbiased fan here. Joins two weeks before the season in 2012 and doesn't make a post until Sept 2021? Then spends the summer arguing for why Kill & Co deserves credit for most of the NFL draft picks under PJ since the former staff recruited them. Says there's no evidence PJ is a better recruiter than they were. Says PJ will never win more than 9 games again. Then this thread. Clear to me this person is closely connected to Kill -- and perhaps ever a former staffer or family member of such. But hey, that's just the working theory of an amateur internet sleuther so take it FWIW...
Thank you for taking the time to dig that up. People that are this much out of touch usually are trolls or have some beef to express and you very likely hit the nail on the head. I also find it interesting that JoeSchmoe hasn't posted since you shared your police work. Hmmmm. I will now go back and add him to my ignore list. I don't mind disagreements because I often learn a lot from people I disagree with. But, when there is a likely agenda like this, there is no point in listening.

Thank you for taking the time to dig that up. People that are this much out of touch usually are trolls or have some beef to express and you very likely hit the nail on the head. I also find it interesting that JoeSchmoe hasn't posted since you shared your police work. Hmmmm. I will now go back and add him to my ignore list. I don't mind disagreements because I often learn a lot from people I disagree with. But, when there is a likely agenda like this, there is no point in listening.
Sorry. I'm actually busy with life and work. Anytime someone has a strong opinion, others bring up grammar issues or they must be related to someone, etc to deflect. If that's that case...PJ's entire family must be members of this board. I have a strong opinion because he does rub me the wrong way and I'm not buying the snake oil he sells. I'd rather our coach was not a used car salesman. I'm old school so sue me. It's amazing to me to see so many people eat up everything he says and does like he is nick saban without the results.

n
Pretty sure a mature coach doesn't have the sideline antics that PJ does, or dress so he stands out from his team and coaches, or makes the team clap for him as loud as they can before he enters a room or get "work done". I can keep going if you like.
As someone pointed out above, Kill's sideline antics were more maddening than Fleck's are. If ever there was concrete evidence that Kill is a deeply religious man, it would be the states of glossolalia he would go into whenever the refs made a close call against the Gophers.

Last edited:

Sorry. I'm actually busy with life and work. Anytime someone has a strong opinion, others bring up grammar issues or they must be related to someone, etc to deflect. If that's that case...PJ's entire family must be members of this board. I have a strong opinion because he does rub me the wrong way and I'm not buying the snake oil he sells. I'd rather our coach was not a used car salesman. I'm old school so sue me. It's amazing to me to see so many people eat up everything he says and does like he is nick saban without the results.
Im amazed some “fans” have nothing but bad things to say about Fleck, like he hasn’t been winning games or running a respectable program.

Your entitled to your opinion. Mine is that Fleck has the program in the best place it has been in a very long time. Sure his personality could rub some the wrong way but this program needed a salesman and a coach and it got both.

I hate the break it to you, but Kill was more used car saleman that Fleck. Flecks more structured and created a program around it which gets attention, but he’s less snakeoil when it comes to recruiting than our old staff. Flecks sales is what are needed to be successful in the B1G imo.

Im amazed some “fans” have nothing but bad things to say about Fleck, like he hasn’t been winning games or running a respectable program.
A lot of fans of a lot of teams would fire their way into the gutter ... and stay there if they made the calls.

I doubt that you're that busy with life and work. Your name JoeSchmoe speaks for itself. Much snake oil in it.

I doubt that you're that busy with life and work. Your name JoeSchmoe speaks for itself. Much snake oil in it.
Doubt he's even a Gopher fan. Seems more like an Iowa fan.

Because everyone can't get enough of this story....Randy Shaver interviewed Kill a few weeks ago. Part 1 will air on KARE 11 at 10pm tonight. Part 2 is allegedly the 'big story' that will air on Thursday, August 25th.

So mark your calendars for more of this nonsense.

Because everyone can't get enough of this story....Randy Shaver interviewed Kill a few weeks ago. Part 1 will air on KARE 11 at 10pm tonight. Part 2 is allegedly the 'big story' that will air on Thursday, August 25th.

So mark your calendars for more of this nonsense.
Kill sure knows how to find a microphone.

Okay, could someone tell me what Fleck has to do with Claeys getting fired other than he took over the job, somebody has to take over the job right, so Kill would have an automatic dislike for whoever that was, illogical is all I can say. Kill needs to direct his animosity to the AD or school administration.

KARE is just doing what it knows how to do: rile up Gopher fans knowing they'll tune in or click on it.

Same with the STrib

Okay, could someone tell me what Fleck has to do with Claeys getting fired other than he took over the job, somebody has to take over the job right, so Kill would have an automatic dislike for whoever that was, illogical is all I can say. Kill needs to direct his animosity to the AD or school administration.
I believe the allegation was that PJ very early on (opening press conference?) made comments to the effect of "we needed to come in and clean things up" or something like that.

For all we know, it could easily have been Coyle who dictated that Fleck had to say that.

Regardless, Jerry (says he) took that as a personal slight, and has never received an apology, etc. So it has festered.

Again, all allegedly.

You are correct for the most part. But it is slightly more complicated than that. Fleck and Kill have a history of coaching together. And PJ talked about culture change when he was hired at MN and that really set Kill off.

In Kill’s mind, he and his staff did all the heavy lifting as the program rose up from the Brewster depths, and now this whipper snapper Fleck was talking about culture change.

This all set the stage for Kill to tee off on Fleck.

Seems petty to most people looking in at this “feud” but it is the terrain in which we are now deployed.

Top Bottom