It's time to grant Joe Maturi his release - New AD is Tony Dungy!

Whenever someone decides to write up a petition to say Sayonara Maturi, I'll sign it enthusiastically.

Sockpuppet

WOW!!!
Dr. Don Kevorkian - Sent on a schizophrenic journey where he invented a few new friends in the land of make believe. Chances are good he will see Bigfoot soon eating from the bird feeder at the home.
Section 201 - All he can say is +1, truly a sign of an intellectual dwarf
Station 19 - Only proves he sends his messages from Station 19 at about 1am, sitting alone in the corner just wishing a girl would talk to him
FreshTrout - Changed his moniker to RottenTrout because it is more accurate after he realized the weakness of his posts
GopherGuy05- Clearly hit his peak while talking about the genitals of the Administrators in this room. Digressed with his talk about banning those who dare to disagree with him.
Williams Areana Guy - real tough behind a computer screen
Monzy - way too high strung and uptight. But at least he uses his real name. I still like Monzy, it makes him seem like he is one of the guys!

Just for you.

For m2s/ml/jon/Ben...

I'm schizophrenic and so am I.

You may very well be correct regarding Maturi; we'll honestly probably never know. But you youself said you didn't care about the moral development of the athletes, that you didn't care about their academics and that all you wanted was to win basketball games. That screams shortcut. If you are actually advocating both being good citizens and good athletes, then I agree with you. However, your previous statements do not reflect this view. All that's ever said is "win, win, win, forget about the rest, win, win, and win. Higher standards mean win, win, win."

And don't for one second think that each of those schools that you cited as beacons of athletic success (Florida, USC, Ohio State and the rest for that matter) don't have some really nasty skeletons in their respective closets. Trust me, they do. In fact, it appears USC is about to get nailed for some of theirs.

So in closing, let me be frank: I couldn't care less about what goes on each of those schools. If you think that's what we should be, than I invite you to start cheering for those schools and their teams. If not, then stop talking about them like they are these bastions of doing things the right way. There is plenty of evidence to the contrary on each of them I assure you.

MRJ, let me first say I appreciate your comments. At least you for the most part been trying to have a discussion. It is a fair discussion to have and did not need to digress into the usual name calling that erupts when someone challenges the status quo of a few senior members.

M2S' point, I think, is many schools in this country have both academic success along with athletic success. Why can't we expect the same from Minnesota? We can and we need new leadership that thinks on a grander scale then what we do now. It is pretty arrogant to think MN is a better academic school then some of the ones mentioned like Wisconsin, OSU, Michigan, Texas, Tennessee. MN may be on par academically but not athletically because of the way the administration and many of you in here view athletic success. As a matter of fact, Athletic success leads to better academic success because it not only attracts people to the school, but it provides extra funding to improve the school in other areas. We are in a pathetic drive toward mediocrity and many in this thread are driving the train.

Whenever someone decides to write up a petition to say Sayonara Maturi, I'll sign it enthusiastically.

Be careful what you say. A bunch of the heathens in this room might try to have you banned. Now we know what it was like in Salem in about 1692. Section 201 just started his desk on fire preparing for the big burning.

omg...if you are a younger person then maybe you have been influenced by those who have gotten used to and expect Average. Break free---you can do better--- don't settle.....get your expectation for winning higher.... expect it from our leadership...I am not getting my money's worth... (I pay megga taxes in Minnesota and Calif).......By the way, I don't give a rats ass about your political views.....[/QUOTE]

Then why should we have to listen to your political views and how much money(taxes) you make.

BTW I'm on the back nine of life.

You are on the back nine of life and about to tee off into the clowns nose. Quit pretending you can play anything other then Miniature Golf. Speaking of Golf, even the Les Bolstad golf course sucks. Fire Maturi now...

Top Bottom