Ihmir Smith-Marsette Commits

Smith-Marsette made the right choice. He was 4-0 as a player against Minnesota. And 2 of those games weren't particularly close.
Sure, but he made the decision like a coward. None of us are wondering why he chose Iowa, we are wondering why a grown man handled things like such a spineless loser.

Can you imagine the amount of hiding in his closet for a week after he got his DUI?

You dug up a thread from 2017 to post this BS......good lord.
In his defense, there are several 'holers in here that get their undies in a bundle when someone starts a new thread, no matter the degree of significance (or insignificance) to the subject/topic. What's a guy to do?
It's tough gauge this crowd sometimes.

Sure, but he made the decision like a coward. None of us are wondering why he chose Iowa, we are wondering why a grown man handled things like such a spineless loser.

Can you imagine the amount of hiding in his closet for a week after he got his DUI?
I think this story says more about the "Men on Melrose" as it does about ISM. Guys like them get giddier than a middle-school boy ready to see his first booby when asking guests if they have any weird PJ Fleck tidbit.

Coward?

In his defense, there are several 'holers in here that get their undies in a bundle when someone starts a new thread, no matter the degree of significance (or insignificance) to the subject/topic. What's a guy to do?
It's tough gauge this crowd sometimes.
Less about digging up an old thread and more about the way he framed the story than anything else.

Story was a massive nothingburger.....sharing it on the site isn't a big deal but we all know what Spoofin's intent was in sharing it based on how he framed it.

He was asked to commit and was too afraid to say no. He then admitted to hiding from the phone calls from the U after taking down his commitment to the U.

He was admitting to being afraid of the mildly uncomfortable confrontation of saying "I'm not interested".

He was asked to commit and was too afraid to say no. He then admitted to hiding from the phone calls from the U after taking down his commitment to the U.

He was admitting to being afraid of the mildly uncomfortable confrontation of saying "I'm not interested".
So, how did this guy not end up at the U? He sounds like a true Minnesotan.

Seventeen-year-old making a very big decision.

Less about digging up an old thread and more about the way he framed the story than anything else.

Story was a massive nothingburger.....sharing it on the site isn't a big deal but we all know what Spoofin's intent was in sharing it based on how he framed it.
I think I was pretty clear about my intent. I think I flat out said it. No mystery intended.
As for "digging" up, I litterly just put his name in the search bar and what do you know?

I think this story says more about the "Men on Melrose" as it does about ISM. Guys like them get giddier than a middle-school boy ready to see his first booby when asking guests if they have any weird PJ Fleck tidbit.
Inflammatory headline, and such an average recruiting experience. Tiny Joe should be ashamed of this. What recruit that took multiple visits didn’t experience a little pressure to commit and also to be public about it in the social media age?

I think I was pretty clear about my intent. I think I flat out said it. No mystery intended.
As for "digging" up, I litterly just put his name in the search bar and what do you know?
In true spoofin fashion (read: MAGAt), it's not the broken promise from ISM that reveals a character flaw, it's Fleck at fault for taking the kid at his word.

Smith-Marsette made the right choice. He was 4-0 as a player against Minnesota. And 2 of those games weren't particularly close.
He didn’t exactly light it up considering he played four years. Very likely he could’ve put up better numbers and been drafted higher playing here.

Seventeen-year-old making a very big decision.
Sure, it was an immature and cowardly. A lot of 17 year olds are forced to make difficult decisions on where they want to go to school, what they want to do for work, the possibility of joining the army, etc. I have no issue with him struggling with the decision or choosing Iowa, but saying yes to us and then running away and hiding from the phone calls after changing your mind is weak.

You can’t even chalk it up to youth with him. He is talking about it now, as a 24 year old man like we were the ones acting weird. He didn’t say “yeah, I should have picked up the phone and been up front”.

The poor guy has probably never eaten breakfast.

Nobody’s ripping him for choosing Iowa, or even changing his mind. The comment was about him not being willing to be honest and admit it.
Again, seven-year-old kid. Think of yourself in that situation when you were that age.

He is 24 years old now and still doesn’t realize it was not the right way to handle himself. It’s not an age issue with him, it’s a character issue.
Good grief, seriously?

Good grief, seriously?
Relax dude, nobody’s calling for ISM to get thrown in prison, just suggesting that he was and is a little immature. Frankly as a guy who got a DUI going 44 MPH over the speed limit he should be thankful that 4 NFL teams have been willing to take a chance on him.

Relax dude, nobody’s calling for ISM to get thrown in prison, just suggesting that he was and is a little immature. Frankly as a guy who got a DUI going 44 MPH over the speed limit he should be thankful that 4 NFL teams have been willing to take a chance on him.
For an NFL player I don’t think that would make the top 50 offenses.

Good grief, seriously?

Yeah. I think it’s a character flaw if a person is so afraid enough of confrontation that he avoids people. He should have outgrown it by 17, and he absolutely should have known by 24 that isn’t the way he should have handled it. We all have character flaws but in the context of discussing this podcast where he is still girlishly giggling about the thought of confrontation, yeah I think it’s fair game for us to point it out.

I kind of think you know it’s a character flaw too but you decided to dig in on this one.

Most 17 year olds are not going to stand up to grown men getting in their face and challenging why they haven't done something they've been asked to do.

Especially those who've been drilled military style into doing whatever your coach tells you to do.

Most 17 year olds are not going to stand up to grown men getting in their face and challenging why they haven't done something they've been asked to do.

Especially those who've been drilled military style into doing whatever your coach tells you to do.
Not to speak for Bob Loblaw and others, but once again the point was, he is now 24 and still not realizing that he didn't handle this the best way.

I don’t buy it. PJ doesn’t pressure kids. I’ve been told so.

You know how you always mock the people who get upset when someone insults PJ...this is way more pathetic. Like orders of magnitude more pathetic. MPLSGopher posting 12 times in a row wrongly pathetic. This is Pantherhawk level sadness...

edit: before you think I mean the post I quoted, I mean that you felt the need to post a worthless story in your ongoing effort to tell the world PJ pissed in your Cheerios.

Last edited:

You know how you always mock the people who get upset when someone insults PJ...this is way more pathetic. Like orders of magnitude more pathetic. MPLSGopher posting 12 times in a row wrongly pathetic. This is Pantherhawk level sadness...

edit: before you think I mean the post I quoted, I mean that you felt the need to post a worthless story in your ongoing effort to tell the world PJ pissed in your Cheerios.
⬇️⬇️⬇️
Final thoughts before I let PJ’s mama bears have the floor.

- An SI story where a former recruit tells about his recruiting experience with Minnesota/PJ is 100% a legit topic for this board.
- Go ahead and think it is no big deal and common, also 100% legit. Saying that posting it is “childish”, “unintelligent”, “pathetic”, or shows someone is “off the deep end” is…. well… childish and pathetic.
- Do I think it is a big deal? Nah. I am way more concerned about PJ’s coaching ability than I am his recruiting. However, it would be good to remember this story at the annual “why are we getting all these de-commits” and “kids should honor their commitments” discussion.
- It is also a bit more evidence that Jerry Kill was right about PJ. An act.

"People are mean to me because I have an unhealthy hatred of a man who coaches a team I care about and make lame attempts at mocking!"
-Spoofin

"People are mean to me because I have an unhealthy hatred of a man who coaches a team I care about and make lame attempts at mocking!"
-Spoofin
I get it. You are very upset that someone posted a negative story about PJ. If you want to pretend that IGAF that Dave H throws a fit about it, go ahead, but you only prove my point. #RTB

Top Bottom