Henry Lake-Pitino gone, will coach out remainder of season

if everything in this thread is true, Coyle and Muss need to be very up front about it with Arkansas and work on negotiating a buy out. If Muss has to wait until May it hurts both programs infinitely in recruiting
That's what I was thinking as well, is a negotiation down rare? As you said it would benefit neither side to wait until May.

That's what I was thinking as well, is a negotiation down rare? As you said it would benefit neither side to wait until May.
i'd imagine this would be a weird/rare situation to negotiate it down, but then again it also feels like May as the time for the buyout to drop down is weird

if everything in this thread is true, Coyle and Muss need to be very up front about it with Arkansas and work on negotiating a buy out. If Muss has to wait until May it hurts both programs infinitely in recruiting
Arkansas fans seem to think their Associate HC would get the job, so maybe they're willing to drive a harder bargain. Still assume they could meet in the middle

Agreed. I can’t say for certain I’m correct on anything. Just what Coyle wants Musselman. If Built says Musselman isn’t interested that may be a moot point.

They tell other agents in their office that so and so inquired.
At this point of the season why say yes? Apparently it was leaked they said no per your contact. If they say yes it becomes a distraction and a disservice to the team he coaches. If a No response is leaked a Yes response would be leaked for sure. Just curious

Rule # one of journalists and talking to agents: Why is this person lying to me?

This is really it. I have no idea if Musselman is interested, but his agent should be not talking or saying things like "he is happy where he is" or "he is not looking to leave Arkansas". I really think if a coach moves from Power 5 to Power 5, it will happen without a lot of leaks.

This is really it. I have no idea if Musselman is interested, but his agent should be not talking or saying things like "he is happy where he is" or "he is not looking to leave Arkansas". I really think if a coach moves from Power 5 to Power 5, it will happen without a lot of leaks.
There is more than one leak now and nothing good comes from them. Time will tell.

Maybe we are being played? Mussleman is “interested”, which buys him a fancy new extension? It’s a win-win for him if his agent expresses interest in the MN job.
He doesn't need an extension and is already earning one with a top 20 team.

Agreed. I can’t say for certain I’m correct on anything. Just what Coyle wants Musselman. If Built says Musselman isn’t interested that may be a moot point.
Same here. Only what i was told, no idea of motive. Different agent told me that Coyle likes Grant. Pretty sure he likes several of them. He likely has a short list of 5 and none of us will be in on that information.

Same here. Only what i was told, no idea of motive. Different agent told me that Coyle likes Grant. Pretty sure he likes several of them. He likely has a short list of 5 and none of us will be in on that information.
we all know pitino wasn't in Teagues top 5, I hope we don't repeat

builtbadgers......do you have a top three/five you would like to see?

Top Bottom