Henry Lake-Pitino gone, will coach out remainder of season

I’m not very plugged in with who in the local media would be “in the know.” Is this guy reliable at all?

Enjoy the time with your team mates.....

Gophers can beat anyone on any given day. May be too early to report this. I am not kidding, look at the home record with Robbins.

This isn't surprising.

A few people were already thinking Pitino probably already knew.

Gophers can beat anyone on any given day. May be too early to report this. I am not kidding, look at the home record with Robbins.

What do you mean? You think Pitino isn't already aware he won't be back? There is zero chance he is back. I wouldn't be surprised if Coyle has someone lined up before the NCAA tournament begins.

This is a time I trust lake.
I’m being told Coyle wants Musselman, but will want to wait for buyout to drop. Could get weird for a bit.

Do you know what the buyout is and when any drop occurs?

What do you mean? You think Pitino isn't already aware he won't be back? There is zero chance he is back. I wouldn't be surprised if Coyle has someone lined up before the NCAA tournament begins.
He knew on Friday and deservedly so.

If that's true they need to work something out. It doesn't benefit anyone, the U, Musselman or Arkansas, to wait until May 1st.
Right.....this will get weird if true

If that's true they need to work something out. It doesn't benefit anyone, the U, Musselman or Arkansas, to wait until May 1st.
Reusse in tweet said that Musselman is interested if a good offer is made. Tomorrow is March 1st. Tournament is over on another month and the 4 weeks of search and hire around May may be doable.

If in fact true an official statement would have been expected Friday not later since everyone knows leaks happen.

Reusse in tweet said that Musselman is interested if a good offer is made. Tomorrow is March 1st. Tournament is over on another month and the 4 weeks of search and hire around May may be doable.
It can be done, but it's better for all parties to negotiate a buyout of say $2 million and not wait. Arkansas doesn't want to be hiring in May.

I’m being told Coyle wants Musselman, but will want to wait for buyout to drop. Could get weird for a bit.
I would donate to a “buy out Mussleman” fund. Of course, the horrible irony in this is that if he fired Pitino when he should have years ago, he could have had Mussleman relatively easily. Now he has to work hard for it.

Yeah I didn't think there was any way Musselman would be interested. Would be pretty impressive if Coyle engineered this.

NCAA recruiting calendar makes missing the April recruiting period problematic. Will be an uphill recruiting battle if you have to wait until May.

NCAA recruiting calendar makes missing the April recruiting period problematic. Will be an uphill recruiting battle if you have to wait until May.

From an Arkansas (or whatever school a current coach is with), it definitely doesn't make sense for them to have a coach they think is really considering leaving, so I'd have to imagine a buyout settlement is negotiated - again, if there truly is strong mutual interest between the U and that coach.

I would donate to a “buy out Mussleman” fund. Of course, the horrible irony in this is that if he fired Pitino when he should have years ago, he could have had Mussleman relatively easily. Now he has to work hard for it.

Sure? I mean no coach is hard to get at a certain point. I don’t think he gets Musselman personally

May I ask what level of insider you're being told by?

if everything in this thread is true, Coyle and Muss need to be very up front about it with Arkansas and work on negotiating a buy out. If Muss has to wait until May it hurts both programs infinitely in recruiting

Top Bottom