Drew Peterson opens his recruitment, decommits from Minnesota

Being called a troll or a fraud or not a real fan just means the other person has nothing to offer and can not fathom how to consider different opinions.

Spoken like a true troll ;)

I can say I like Pitino and want him to succeed but think he should be fired.
Just like I can Peterson is a dink

Didn’t he sign? Or was it just a verbal? Seems like Pitino would have gotten a signature ASAP.
I don't think there's anything to "sign" when you're a transfer. It's just a commitment.

But until you actually apply for enrollment at another school, are approved, and then actually enroll, I don't think anything is official.

I'm of the belief that after the waiver news yesterday, Pitino may have urged him to look elsewhere AND/OR they found out something about an old flame coming back.

Highly doubt Peterson committed and then changed his mind that quickly.
If it is the latter, I just can't possibly believe it's Kerwin or Suggs coming here.

Would we take someone like Garcia, at the position he plays, over someone like Peterson if you assume somehow that Peterson could still get the waiver anyway?

Seems like all the other top 10 MN guys are more like forwards/centers?

Last edited:

Spoken like a true troll ;)

I can say I like Pitino and want him to succeed but think he should be fired.
Just like I can Peterson is a dink
You can say whatever you want, call people names, conduct yourself as who you are. That is why the board is interesting because you get everything including the ignore feature ! That allows for saving time and moving into actual discussions about basketball.

I post on here all day every day. If you followed the forums you’d know I’m far from a troll. Saying I think pitino should have been fired for underperforming isnt trolling. Its what I think. I’m sorry you disagree.
What part of the meaning of Peterson rescinds his commitment thread vs the anti/ get rid of pitino thread do you not understand....?? Yes I called you you out for trolling the Peterson thread with fire pitino posting...

Last edited:

What part of the meaning of Peterson rescinds his commitment thread vs the anti/ get rid of pitino thread do you and BS badger not understand....?? Yes I called you you out for trolling the Peterson thread with fire pitino posting...
My post pertained to Peterson, but you can call people names all you want.

Plenty of smoke here. Kerwin Walton hasn't signed his LOI yet, and hasn't been officially announced by UNC yet. Perhaps he's having some second thoughts and Pitino knows that wing spot MUST be eligible to play next season.

Plenty of smoke here. Kerwin Walton hasn't signed his LOI yet, and hasn't been officially announced by UNC yet. Perhaps he's having some second thoughts and Pitino knows that wing spot MUST be eligible to play next season.

Awesome palace intrigue here! I think we're making this more complicated than it is. He made a quick decision anticipating being able to play right away. Shortly after news comes out he likely will not be able to play here, he decides to look for a place he will more likely get a waiver. Pitino needs another body next season. The kid wants to play right away and can't here. Now Pitino gets a chance to find another body who can play right away and the kid gets a chance to find a place he'll get a waiver. It's a win win with no conspiracy. Worst part is the likelihood of finding a player who can contribute at this late date is low.

^^^ This, people can dream about "ohh we got word that a star is coming home so we had to make room" but that is simply not likely. More likely is he was told, yah you are going to be eligible right away and we need guys to play. He then got word that he likely wouldnt get to play and decided having to sit a year plus the uncertainty of being further away from home with COVID going on wasnt worth it. And again, people can dream about an amazing pickup, but fact is the transfer/incoming freshman group is pretty picked over and we are simply looking for a guy who can throw in 5-10 min a game and not be a total disaster.

Glad he only waited 4 days....Starting lineup looks tough to crack for another newbie. Peterson and Pitino knew that immediate eligibility was far from a dead mortal lock when he signed . I guess if he signs with a team a lot closer to home with a solid business school or stays at RIce good for him...Saying we are still an option is interesting but I doubt if Pitino will hold a tender for him unless he gave him a short timetable to reconsider

I love sports speculation

You can't possibly be serious.

After all that bullshit last weekend??? He still can't make a decision?? Yikes.

At some point, you have to think to yourself "what level of long-term commitment can you expect out of this person?"

I don't think there's anything to "sign" when you're a transfer. It's just a commitment.

But until you actually apply for enrollment at another school, are approved, and then actually enroll, I don't think anything is official.
I think you are on the right track. I think they can sign a letter of acceptance, and until they do that I don't think the U can announce anything, i.e. for Robbins and Johnson the U released this https://gophersports.com/news/2020/...ansfers-liam-robbins-and-brandon-johnson.aspx
but nothing for Peterson.

It might be the worst way to field a competitive team. Pitino has coached his last game at MN.

It might be the worst way to field a competitive team. Pitino has coached his last game at MN.
LOL Bozo The Clown Strikes Again Pitino will never coach MN again....this clown actually gets his jollies being a fool or is a serious mental midget..... not to mention trolling the wrong thread again.

Last edited:

Being called a troll or a fraud or not a real fan just means the other person has nothing to offer and can not fathom how to consider different opinions.
"Being a troll like Built, or a fraud, or not a real fan just means that you have nothing to offer and cannot fathom how to consider different opinions" There, fixed it for ya.

You can't possibly be serious.

After all that bullshit last weekend??? He still can't make a decision?? Yikes.

At some point, you have to think to yourself "what level of long-term commitment can you expect out of this person?"

Looks like you have a long-term commitment to holding grudges against teenagers you've never met for situations in which you have no context. If only he hadn't made you click refresh on your browser more times than you wanted to, amirite?

Looks like you have a long-term commitment to holding grudges against teenagers you've never met for situations in which you have no context. If only he hadn't made you click refresh on your browser more times than you wanted to, amirite?
Looks like you have a long-term commitment to living inside my taint.

I will continue to hold my opinion, if nothing else just to bug you!

Is there any chance it is something like Suggs's family asking him to stay closer to home this year??

Gonzaga is far away. Playing pro would likely be far (farther?) away. You can make the argument that when you're that good, and a good example is Oturu as precedent, you can make it quickly to the NBA from anywhere.

Would have to try to get released/ask the NCAA to allow him to nullify his LOI to Gonzaga, but considering the times we live in, I guess that is a possible thing that could be done.

Last edited:

I think you are on the right track. I think they can sign a letter of acceptance, and until they do that I don't think the U can announce anything, i.e. for Robbins and Johnson the U released this https://gophersports.com/news/2020/...ansfers-liam-robbins-and-brandon-johnson.aspx
but nothing for Peterson.

Peterson said the day after his commitment he hadn't signed any agreement regarding housing or financial aid, which is why the Gophers never officially announced his addition. The next day he re-opened his recruitment while keep the Gophers in the mix.

RJ is hinting the smoke might be related to Kerwin. He contacted people in the know on Suggs, Garcia, and others in the 2020 class and their status with their schools has not changed.

Yikes.

Whatever, my opinion isn't worth jack squat. Pitino would take Kerwin, risks and all, in a nanosecond, and he's smart to do it.

Peterson said the day after his commitment he hadn't signed any agreement regarding housing or financial aid, which is why the Gophers never officially announced his addition. The next day he re-opened his recruitment while keep the Gophers in the mix.

RJ is hinting the smoke might be related to Kerwin. He contacted people in the know on Suggs, Garcia, and others in the 2020 class and their status with their schools has not changed.

He is NOT listed on their website for having signed yet:

I have to admit, in (hopefully) the only time in my entire life that sports aren't being played, this spring recruiting drama and the last dance are filling the void admirably.

I got $1 that says any second thoughts is related to the potential to license his image and likeness locally. It would be far more valuable locally than in NC unless he was NCs top player in the class or maybe 1-3 on the team.

I have to admit, in (hopefully) the only time in my entire life that sports aren't being played, this spring recruiting drama and the last dance are filling the void admirably.
Your not kidding! Lol

Top Bottom