Drew Peterson opens his recruitment, decommits from Minnesota

Let’s hope
Yes. The season would be pretty bad without robbins. I still think we can fill Peterson's spot with a mixture of ihnen, williams, and mashburn(if we would go a lil small). Were we better with Peterson, yes. Still think it is definitely manageable though

Didn’t he sign? Or was it just a verbal? Seems like Pitino would have gotten a signature ASAP.

KSTP interview ...he said he was fine with red shirting....gain strength ect. But would prefer to play right away
Ya, I don't think it has anything to do with the waiver. He was big on Carlson....maybe he couldn't get in? It is weird. If there isn't a replacement announcement in a day or two...we can kinda guess he changed his mind for real, couldn't qualify...something of his circumstances not the Gophers or NCAA.
It's surprising based on his comments and the course to commit.

Ya, I don't think it has anything to do with the waiver. He was big on Carlson....maybe he couldn't get in? It is weird. If there isn't a replacement announcement in a day or two...we can kinda guess he changed his mind for real, couldn't qualify...something of his circumstances not the Gophers or NCAA.
It's surprising based on his comments and the course to commit.
I think he is planning to commit to Tar Heels

We can talk about anything we want in any thread. Beauty of the Internet!

look: PJ fleck is a better recruiter than Pitino.
stupidity personified..... Thats was trolls do!!!

Last edited:

I'm of the belief that after the waiver news yesterday, Pitino may have urged him to look elsewhere AND/OR they found out something about an old flame coming back.

Highly doubt Peterson committed and then changed his mind that quickly.

I'm of the belief that after the waiver news yesterday, Pitino may have urged him to look elsewhere AND/OR they found out something about an old flame coming back.

Agreed. Something very likely changed. Not fair to judge the kid without knowing more details.

Pitino fields a team similar to the play on the court. Sloppy.

You think Pitino would go back on his word. That would spread to every player like a wild fire.

I find it unlikely we told him to look for other options when he said he's keeping us in the mix sounds like he might have had a change of heart about something and may genuinely just want to think it over

I knew there was something weird about petersen...Pitino better start combing the high schools again.

This program needs a fresh start I’m afraid. It’s one thing after another with Pitino. Recruiting this late as usual for this program is a long term recipe for losing .

This program needs a fresh start I’m afraid. It’s one thing after another with Pitino. Recruiting this late as usual for this program is a long term recipe for losing .

When you constantly have to put a Band-Aid on a gaping wound, blood will still leak out. These Spring battles for the “best of the rest” do not set the foundation for a winning program. I really like Coach Pitino but I expected more after 7 years.

When you constantly have to put a Band-Aid on a gaping wound, blood will still leak out. These Spring battles for the “best of the rest” do not set the foundation for a winning program. I really like Coach Pitino but I expected more after 7 years.

I'm still extremely psyched about Robbins and Brandon Johnson! Curious what happens with the final spot

I am confident it has everything to do with the more likely than not, impending failure of the immediate transfer rule. I believe he could have signed on the dotted line 4 days ago when he committed (just as Robbins did) but he clearly either didn't want to or had agreed with Pitino not to, until the transfer rule change was finalized. If he can wait til the 20th and the rule change happens as hoped I would expect him back on board. I hope to see him back.

Ya, I don't think it has anything to do with the waiver. He was big on Carlson....maybe he couldn't get in?

Hard to believe that someone could get into Rice, have two years of D1 academic support/difficult course discouragement, be a highly-coveted transfer, and not get in to Carlson.

stupidity personified..... Thats was trolls do!!!

I post on here all day every day. If you followed the forums you’d know I’m far from a troll. Saying I think pitino should have been fired for underperforming isnt trolling. Its what I think. I’m sorry you disagree.

Peterson would have been a nice piece he brings a different dimension the Gophers don’t have. He is not a program changer but definitely has some value.

The first thing Iooked at were his assists tells me he is unselfish and plays with his head up.

I post on here all day every day. If you followed the forums you’d know I’m far from a troll. Saying I think pitino should have been fired for underperforming isnt trolling. Its what I think. I’m sorry you disagree.
Being called a troll or a fraud or not a real fan just means the other person has nothing to offer and can not fathom how to consider different opinions.

Top Bottom