Conference Championship Games Thread

Ewers has 346 yards and 4 TDs in the 1st Half. 😯

Last edited:

Ewers has 346 years and 4 TDs in the 1st Half. 😯
Ewers has completed a pass to 9 different receivers in the first half. That's a hallmark of a great QB (and offensive line) working through his reads and hitting different receivers.

Fun fact: In the 18 games AK started for the Gophers, the Gophers never had more receivers catch a pass than the opponent. In all 18 games, win or lose, the opponent had more receivers with a catch.

Gotta wonder if Toledo scoring, penalty, scoring, penalty, scoring…. and on and on takes a toll on Miami OH.

I'm rooting for the scenario where Wash, FSU, and Mich are undefeated so the committee has to pick the fourth team from 12-1 TX, GA and AL. Based on the season, it would seem Texas would be the compelling choice.

The tv people and conference boosters will be stuffing the Christmas socks of committee members to ensure most eyeballs and representation for playoff. Probably any of those would suffice but I’ll believe an SEC-less playoff if/when it happens. Last chance this year.

Watching the MAC championship and all I can think is ....

These teams athletically seem to be equal to us. The plays these teams run seem to be equal to us. The lack of speed at skill positions seem to be equal to us. The lack of a star quarterback seem to be equal to us.

I hate saying it, but I think I finally came to the realization that we would be a top tier Mac team and compete for championships if we were in that conference. We would probably lose one or two games during regular season, and once every few years we would probably be in the championship game where we would win a few and lose a few.

Watching the MAC championship and all I can think is ....

These teams athletically seem to be equal to us. The plays these teams run seem to be equal to us. The lack of speed at skill positions seem to be equal to us. The lack of a star quarterback seem to be equal to us.

I hate saying it, but I think I finally came to the realization that we would be a top tier Mac team and compete for championships if we were in that conference. We would probably lose one or two games during regular season, and once every few years we would probably be in the championship game where we would win a few and lose a few.
I’m not a believer that we have a slow team overall. With some of the youth we played things are fuzzy upstairs. The game hasn’t slow down yet, so they appear slow. I think we have plenty of speed. A lot of it never plays though and PJ goes with guys like 81 returning kicks makes no sense.

Switched over to South Dakota - Sac. State. Really entertaining game. 24-14 USD at half.

I only wish Texas could have beaten Oklahoma State by more.

Fucking disgusting by ESPN when on a critical drive for the MAC championship they sit there and bitch and moan and argue and cry for the SEC for what seemed like forever...

The tv people and conference boosters will be stuffing the Christmas socks of committee members to ensure most eyeballs and representation for playoff. Probably any of those would suffice but I’ll believe an SEC-less playoff if/when it happens. Last chance this year.

Agreed on the SEC. The only caveat is that Texas is a future SEC team with a massive following. If FSU and Alabama both win, the outrage for whatever fanbase gets left out between AL and TX will be fun.

Way this game is going there is a chance the SEC might be in the process of playing themselves out of the championship game. If Bama can hold on and FSU wins we could definitely see an SEC free final 4 which would be awesome.

Will get really interesting if FSU loses. Then you have Washington, Michigan (assuming nothing stupid happens tonight) and then a bunch of 1 loss teams who could all make a case in Texas, Alabama, Georgia, FSU, and Ohio State. In that case it probably ends up being Texas and Alabama in the other two spots.

It’s showing how down the SEC is this year. Georgia played a weak schedule. I really hope FSU can win tonight.
This. Go FSU. It’s a win-win. Put Bama in over a Texas team that beat them and you’ve got national outrage…it’s a farce. Put Texas in and you've got an SEC-less playoff. Please let this happen.

Ouch for my Bulldogs but kudos to Bama. They did what was needed in spades.

Now on to watching the Hawks get destroyed...certainly what I'm expecting...

His grandfather played for the Vikings. Ghost of Sid Hartman, get to work on this!
Yeah, but we need better O Line play or he will feel shell-shocked just like Grandpa Arch when he came to Minnesota.

Say what you will, but I think Saban has become the college football equivalent of John Wooden. Always has great talent, but he's had to switch styles several times and won today with a young, inconsistent QB.
I suspect the coordinators pick the style.

But yeah, they had to do it with the guy who is on and off.

Say what you will, but I think Saban has become the college football equivalent of John Wooden. Always has great talent, but he's had to switch styles several times and won today with a young, inconsistent QB.

Who's Saban's Sam Gilbert?

Gus proves he doesn’t know football yet again by repeatedly calling an end around as a reverse.

Top Bottom