Conference Championship Games Thread

This C-USA Championship is a heavyweight price fight.

Remember that Kalen DeBoer and Michael Penix Jr almost won the Big Ten with Indiana

They were going to play Northwestern (!!) in the 2020 Big Ten Championship until the league changed the rules at the last minute to remove the games played minimum and let those Covid sickos at Ohio State have it.

This is a big reason why I think Washington will win, Penix will be the best NFL QB to come out of what will be a great QB class and should win the Heisman. If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.
He looked really weird as the season went on, he had to be hurt or something.

Washington is rolling now.

Liberty/NMSU has been entertaining but holy crap both teams are pathetic on defence.

20-17 Huskies over Oregon at the 9:39 mark of the 3rd.

Liberty/NMSU has been entertaining but holy crap both teams are pathetic on defence.
These are two of the better defenses in conference USA

New Mexico State has the 48th best defense against the 116 SOS
Liberty has the 38th best defense against the 133rd SOS

Nixs response to the rapid pressure on that last td is the difference between a qb who wins you games and ones that don’t. That stunt came quick, he wasn’t fazed, made a bit of time, and threw a strike. That’s a winners play. Very impressive.

I mean the ref starts to call incomplete then throws the flag. I don’t believe in the conspiracies but that make it easy for people that do.
He was calling it all the way. Agree it was ticky tack but he goes to obstruct him. Think Washington still wins if they continue to press on offense. You’ll need about 35 to win tonight

These are two of the better defenses in conference USA

New Mexico State has the 48th best defense against the 116 SOS
Liberty has the 38th best defense against the 133rd SOS
They'd be higher if they played against the vaunted Minnesota offense. 😏

Ole Jerr just couldn't do it tonight.

So Washington is in.

A lot to hash out tomorrow. Hoping Florida St wins to make two SEC teams getting in highly unlikely.
If Louisville and ok state win and Bama win.
2 SEC
1) Michigan
2) Washington
3) alabama
4) Georgia

If Louisville, ok state, and Georgia win. 2 big ten
1) Georgia
2) Michigan
3) Washington
4) Ohio state

If Florida state, Texas, and Bama win. No SEC.
1) Michigan
2) Washington
3) Florida state
4) Texas

If Florida state, Texas, and Georgia win. No Texas.
1) Georgia
2) Michigan
3) Washington
4) Florida State

If Iowa wins. No idea what will happen.

I will be at the Washington-Oregon game on Friday for the 2024 Big 10 Teams in the 2023 PAC 12 soon to be PAC 2 Championship.
Wow. Amazing contest, what a way for the the PAC12 to end it.

Fantastic QB dual. My seats were in the Huskies section, quite a party going on. A blast.

Welcome to the Big 10!

Watching the offenses in these two games tonight make me drool compared to what the Gophers do on offense. It’s maddening.
What will be really maddening is watching those west coast offenses against our defense! We will need Winfield/Nubian type athletes in the secondary going forward to havE a chance of slowing those offenses.

With all due respect to defensive purists, watching highly competent QB play and equally competent offensive execution is loads of fun like ORE-WAS. What a fun game.

NIL and free range portal transfers to the highest bidder make it highly unlikely that we ever get a whiff of that type of play which ultimately is quite demoralizing as a Gopher fan.

With all due respect to defensive purists, watching highly competent QB play and equally competent offensive execution is loads of fun like ORE-WAS. What a fun game.

NIL and free range portal transfers to the highest bidder make it highly unlikely that we ever get a whiff of that type of play which ultimately is quite demoralizing as a Gopher fan.
It’s a little bit better way to spend 3 1/2 hours then watching our guys stand there with their thumbs up their ass on the line of scrimmage until five seconds left in the clock and then run the same play repeatedly up the middle.

Top Bottom