Conference Championship Games Thread

That 'Fire Them Up' segment on sportscenter right before gameday starts is horribly lame.

Watching some replay of last night, I love how Washington used the pitch out with backside line pulling (very old school) in short yardage situations including at the end when the whole stadium knew they'd be running the ball. I hope the Goph coaches were watching. It's far superior to RUTM against 9+ man boxes.

Would like to see 4 undefeated in the last 4-team playoff. Don't think it's ever happened. Georgia, Michigan, Washington and FSU (shame FSU lost their QB 2 weeks ago).

If Louisville and ok state win and Bama win.
2 SEC
1) Michigan
2) Washington
3) alabama
4) Georgia

If Louisville, ok state, and Georgia win. 2 big ten
1) Georgia
2) Michigan
3) Washington
4) Ohio state

If Florida state, Texas, and Bama win. No SEC.
1) Michigan
2) Washington
3) Florida state
4) Texas

If Florida state, Texas, and Georgia win. No Texas.
1) Georgia
2) Michigan
3) Washington
4) Florida State

If Iowa wins. No idea what will happen.
That's how it should be but I question if it will happen. I initially thought Alabama would get in over Texas but forgot Texas beat them so that would seem ridiculous.

Rooting for Alabama, Iowa, OK State, Louisville today. Let’s have some chaos. Sadly would probably result in both Georgia and Alabama getting in though…I have no confidence in the committee.

CFP chair Boo Corrigan is something. Is this guy a current/former politician? Masterful at not answering questions, and with a straight face. Their CFP discussions and votes should be televised,I suspect they would be unintentionally hilarious.

Nope, Michigans insufferable fanbase and non/repentant cryin’ coaches deserve a humiliating L to worst ten win team in recent memory maybe all time. Let Washington destroy Iowa. Everybody wins.

Iowa's not getting in the playoffs even if they beat Michigan by 50.

You’re right, there would be other deserving one loss teams ahead of them. Big Ten champion or not. Lost my head, frothing at the mouth.

If there any year the Big Ten should be left out it’s this one.

Rooting for Alabama, Iowa, OK State, Louisville today. Let’s have some chaos. Sadly would probably result in both Georgia and Alabama getting in though…I have no confidence in the committee.

CFP chair Boo Corrigan is something. Is this guy a current/former politician? Masterful at not answering questions, and with a straight face. Their CFP discussions and votes should be televised,I suspect they would be unintentionally hilarious.
I'm rooting for the scenario where Wash, FSU, and Mich are undefeated so the committee has to pick the fourth team from 12-1 TX, GA and AL. Based on the season, it would seem Texas would be the compelling choice.

Michigan is going to be in the playoff. :)

STOLE MUH SIGNS

In a random coincidence, Boise St is staying in the same hotel that I am and checked in just as we were heading to the Strip last night for the game.

Lots of big fellas on the squad. I saw the "snack table" set up for them. I've seen less food at Farmers Markets.

It’s a little bit better way to spend 3 1/2 hours then watching our guys stand there with their thumbs up their ass on the line of scrimmage until five seconds left in the clock and then run the same play repeatedly up the middle.
It also gives the defense plenty of time to make pre-snap adjustments.

Looking at this OK State/UT game and right now, Texas is probably the hottest team right overall in the country. If they get in into the playoff, they may take it all. Sarkisian is calling a hell of a game.

Looking at this OK State/UT game and right now, Texas is probably the hottest team right overall in the country. If they get in to the playoff, they may take it all
They are certainly spanking OSU today. They deserve a hard look for the playoffs. I guess it would take either Michigan or Georgia to lose for them to get in.

Looking at this OK State/UT game and right now, Texas is probably the hottest team right overall in the country. If they get in into the playoff, they may take it all. Sarkisian is calling a hell of a game.
Maybe but OK State is all over the place this year. Beat Oklahoma, Kansas, and Kansas St but then lost to South Alabama and got spanked just a few weeks ago to UCF.

Maybe but OK State is all over the place this year. Beat Oklahoma, Kansas, and Kansas St but then lost to South Alabama and got spanked just a few weeks ago to UCF.
True OK State is a bit schizophrenic this year, but the way UT pummeled TX Tech last week opened my eyes a bit.

That's how it should be but I question if it will happen. I initially thought Alabama would get in over Texas but forgot Texas beat them so that would seem ridiculous.
If it’s Bama and Texas for the last spot and they pick Bama. I am not sure I’ll ever watch a non big ten game again. Because it would mean those games don’t matter

Also, if they’re going to pick Bama over Texas and ignore head to head because “Bama is the better team” that same logic would probably have them pick Georgia over both of them.

Last edited:

They are certainly spanking OSU today. They deserve a hard look for the playoffs. I guess it would take either Michigan or Georgia to lose for them to get in.
If Florida State loses, Texas is in

If it’s Bama and Texas for the last spot and they pick Bama. I am not sure I’ll ever watch a non big ten game again. Because it would mean those games don’t matter
I really want to see what happens now if it's undefeated Michigan, Washington and Florida St. And then conference champ Texas and Alabama.

Which is worse - OK State Defense or Iowa Offense?

Top Bottom