Coaching Search from the Collegiate Coaching Consortium - (Formerly the Villa 7 Consortium)

Marshall, but only if he brings that blond floppy-haired guard that seemed to play for 12 years.
Didnt Curry play his freshman year with McHale and Michael Thompson? And played against the likes of Mateen Cleves and Robbie Hummel for most of those years?

Tell me this guy wouldn't look good in Gopher Maroon and Gold?

Maybe Hazeldon can work with him on his anger issues?

Marshall spent two years (1985–1987) as an assistant at his alma mater, Randolph-Macon College, in Ashland, Virginia, and another year as an assistant at Belmont Abbey College during the 1987–88 season.[4] He then spent eight years under John Kresse at the College of Charleston from 1988 to 1996, where the program received an at-large 1994 NCAA bid
I DIG ITcobra-kai-season-3-who-is-john-kreese-s-vietnam-friend-20100205-20100206-1280x0-1.jpeg

Marshall has been good, but not as good since joining the American Athletic Conference. How would he handle the Big Ten?
Marshall has performed satisfactorily in the NCAA tournament @ 11-14 overall. But your question is a fair question. Witchita State does not play in the Big 10 - but they played formidable teams.

Gregg Marshall (born February 27, 1963)
Teams coached: Winthrop Eagles, Wichita State Shockers
Winthrop record: 194-83 (.700)
Wichita State record: 331-121 (.732)
Overall record: 525-204 (.720)

Career Accomplishments:
Awards:

I have no relation or connection of any kind to Marshall. And you may be right about the regents etc. But that says more about our regents than Gregg Marshall. I'm glad you said it and not me!

LOL.

Why you pimpin Marshall so hard then?
You think he is the only candidate out there?
Why would any parent send thier kid to be coached by him?
Why would the university expose themselves to potential lawsuits (if he engages in that type of behavior again)?

No coach is worth that type of risk and until you specifically answer the questions above and quantify why he would be, you're just a troll bro.

LOL.

Why you pimpin Marshall so hard then?
You think he is the only candidate out there?
Why would any parent send thier kid to be coached by him?
Why would the university expose themselves to potential lawsuits (if he engages in that type of behavior again)?

No coach is worth that type of risk and until you specifically answer the questions above and quantify why he would be, you're just a troll bro.
Pimping? I don't understand the reference?

Many candidates out there. None, outside of Beilein, who has the kind of performance Marshall has had. That is why parents would send students to play for him, because he is a winner! Bobby Knight would have never had any players if parents were worried about feelings getting hurt.

Many candidates out there. None, outside of Beilein, who has the kind of performance Marshall has had. That is why parents would send students to play for him, because he is a winner! Bobby Knight would have never had any players if parents were worried about feelings getting hurt.
Dave Smart has a better shot at getting the job than Marshall and both have entirely too many mentions here.

Pimping in this context means pushing him for the job.

Putting Knight and Marshall is blasphemous; Marshall can carry Knight's jock- SMH.

I would never sign on the line which is dotted/allow my kid to play for someone like him - SMH. Being a winner in life has a lot more to do with W & Ls and there are many coaches that have his type of ability.

Thank God you're just a lonely troll or Marshall's agent and not someone close to Coyle has his ear - obviously you wouldn't be on here if you did.

1614994264141.png

I'd argue Thad Matta has outperformed Marshall.
In case anyone else was wondering why Matta left Ohio State:

Interesting article 1 year after leaving Ohio State:

This from yesterday:
30B9010D-C6A0-4709-8100-F64B0DD63CF1.jpeg

Last edited:

The Minnesota job is not regarded as a premier job. Since Clem left, the program has been mired in mediocrity. I hope Coyle can pull the rabbit out of his hat and come up with a Fleck like hire. Musselman is not leaving Arkansas and regrettably the regents would never allow Marshal. However, unless Coyle has already hand picked someone, look for the NDSU coach to be one of the front runners. He can recruit locally as he is from the area
And is a up and comer like Tim Miles was a few years ago. Look at the success Tim mIles had at Nebraska and that is about as good as it gets here. Davison is a high energy Fleck type who will get this program back to 500.

Pimping in this context means pushing him for the job.

Putting Knight and Marshall is blasphemous; Marshall can carry Knight's jock- SMH.

I would never sign on the line which is dotted/allow my kid to play for someone like him - SMH. Being a winner in life has a lot more to do with W & Ls and there are many coaches that have his type of ability.

Thank God you're just a lonely troll or Marshall's agent and not someone close to Coyle has his ear - obviously you wouldn't be on here if you did.

View attachment 11948
Seems you must be raising a future swowflake then!!! Heaven forbid a coach tell you to step it up and to remind you "the name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the name on the back"

Thad Motta would be a good hire, except I have not heard his name mentioned in my circles. Seems Penn State or some other school is in on him already.

I just checked in with Mike Rice Jr, he is very interested in coaching the Gophers next season after spending several years throwing basketballs in his backyard.

Seems you must be raising a future swowflake then!!! Heaven forbid a coach tell you to step it up and to remind you "the name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the name on the back"

You're apparently just another online clown/tough guy; anyone who makes derogatory comments regarding posters' family members is low rent, you donkey.

Gregg Marshall - Wikipedia

The following behavior is not emblematic of a coach telling his charges to step it up -

The allegations, some of which were corroborated by several players, included punching player Shaq Morris during an October 2015 practice, as well as choking assistant Kyle Lindsted during the 2016–17 season.[23] Other allegations detailed in The Athletic include Marshall telling a Native American player to "get back on his horse" and making "Indian howling noises" during the 2018–19 season. [24][23]

What a leader - denies the accusations. made by several players, and doesn't apologize "I've never physically struck a player or colleague. Allegations claiming otherwise are false."[25] The only snowflakes in this thread is Marshall and his apologist.

You have as much information as Pitino does on how's going to replace him -LOL

Stay classy Gregg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1615083211073.png

Last edited:

Sebastian Telfair has ties to Minnesota from his days with the Timberwolves.
He would take the job if he gets out of jail on work release.
Who’s the former Pitino recruit that is in jail for murder? I think I know but don’t want to put the wrong name on here.

Who’s the former Pitino recruit that is in jail for murder? I think I know but don’t want to put the wrong name on here.

Daequan McNeil. He was charged with murder, but was acquitted in a trial.

Daequan McNeil. He was charged with murder, but was acquitted in a trial.

Sucks for him that is how he associated by some people now as according to this article, it was mistaken identity and the jury took only 40 minutes to acquit. Dude was about to do life for something he didn't do.

That’s right. And how about “quitters never win and winners never quit” and “it’s what you learn after you know it all that counts” and “be quick but don’t hurry” and “if you ever take that shot again with more than 15 seconds on the shot clock I will ring your fucking neck”. Tiresome aphorisms are important motivational tools for any busy coach, and players feelings cannot be allowed to get in the way.

What’s the latest from this group. I am curious as to what the Villa 7 rumor mill has whispered since the latest gopher loss?

What’s the latest from this group. I am curious as to what the Villa 7 rumor mill has whispered since the latest gopher loss?
Given his previous fascination with Marshall and his inability to understand why Minnesota wouldn’t hire him, I think I know what he is going to say. I am pretty sure that Dwight will tell us that he is hearing Bob Knight and Les Miles are going to be co-coaches, Chris Doyle will be the strength and conditioning coach, and Donald Sterling will be the basketball GM, and he cannot understand what is wrong with that.

Things have been oddly quiet in the Villa & (CCC) rumor mill. That tells me Coyle already has his guy. If I had to put down money at this point, I think it's Dutcher Jr. Which was speculated about as one of the names on the short list that we talked about early!

Top Bottom