Coaching Changes says source they trust: Muss already sending 3rd party inquiries to Minnesota and ASU as well as several less realistic spots

Wrong. I've even lived further south than Little Rock. Yes, they are warmer. Still unlikely to turn down a job over it.

No one has said his coming is likely. I'm just not buying your reasons why. Arkansas can match whatever MN would pay if they want and then some probably.

Mrs. Holland was the exception to the rule. But they had lived in Charlottesville for like 20 years and he'd been retired from coaching for 10. She probably (rightly) thought he was crazy for wanting to off to MN and clean up Clem's mess in addition to her cold weather aversion.
Agree to disagree.

Almost every single one of them. If any Big 10 team hired someone with zero HC experience and then that person went on to go 6-33 in their first two seasons, there would be huge portions of every single fan base that would want to drive that alum off.

As far as your second point that is essentially saying people don't like Ben Johnson because of some sort of political conspiracy, grow up. If you've ever lurked at the politics board, some of Ben's biggest critics are very liberal. Some of Ben's biggest supporters are conservative. Most of the people who want/wanted Ben canned, also wanted Pitino fired.

The thing I've seen, way more often from the CBJ "haters", is that they are pissed we didn't fire Pitino a year earlier so that we could have gotten Muss or Dutcher.

I defended the CBJ hire when it happened (and argued with the people who called it a political hire) and yeah I wanted Pitino fired the year before. I don't blame Ben for getting the job I blame the U for not hiring someone better.

I also hope he wins enough that it is a moot point.

There's far more that aren't having success because entire teams can leave.

Just off the top of my head 1st or 2nd year HC's that are having success are Seton Hall, St. John's, Texas Tech, Kansas State, South Carolina, Miss St, Ole Miss, Missouri(last year), Utah State and McNeese State.

Obviously, not all programs see success in year 1 or 2(ours would be a good example) but the premise still remains, in this day and age it's never been easier to turn it around quicker.

Just off the top of my head 1st or 2nd year HC's that are having success are Seton Hall, St. John's, Texas Tech, Kansas State, South Carolina, Miss St, Ole Miss, Missouri(last year), Utah State and McNeese State.

Obviously, not all programs see success in year 1 or 2(ours would be a good example) but the premise still remains, in this day and age it's never been easier to turn it around quicker.
Our AD chose a different route

I mean, I'm sure he didn't choose to be historically awful in 2.5 seasons.
We're historically awful this year?

We get it they sucked the 1st 2 seasons. Legitimately 0 reason to be talking about it right now. If they collapse down the stretch you'll get your wet dream of a new coach. If they don't you'll get to continue to bitch for another year about the 1st 2 seasons. Can't wait to find out.

We're historically awful this year?

We get it they sucked the 1st 2 seasons. Legitimately 0 reason to be talking about it right now. If they collapse down the stretch you'll get your wet dream of a new coach. If they don't you'll get to continue to bitch for another year. Can't wait to find out.

No, we aren't. In his 2.5 seasons we have been. It just is what it is.

All I want is to be better than Pitino's final season. If we get there by the end of the year, I'm fine w another year. I'd also like to schedule teams with a pulse, but this staff has shown no desire.

No, we aren't. In his 2.5 seasons we have been. It just is what it is.

All I want is to be better than Pitino's final season. If we get there by the end of the year, I'm fine w another year. I'd also like to schedule teams with a pulse, but this staff has shown no desire.
I think we'll avoid the high bar of 6 wins and 13th place 🤞

I know you're not genuine. But you do know he was fired for winning 2 regular season games after January and the program trending down?

Musselman wouldn't come here due to differences in what the Gophers can pay and what he can get paid.

He would be the big fish if you could get him. Of course. He's a skilled coach.

Or give CBJ another year since his players would be another year along, he's working with his guys still young. Let him ride his guys. I'm not offering an opinion either way. Saying Musselman is a good coach doesn't imply anything either way.

At what point do people say ride it out? I don't know.
Gophers can pay plenty now. It's a choice.

I think we'll avoid the high bar of 6 wins and 13th place 🤞

I know you're not genuine. But you do know he was fired for winning 2 regular season games after January and the program trending down?

Like I said before, context should matter in terms of # of B1G wins. I'd imagine if we get 7 or even 8 B1G wins, we still won't be as "good" as Pitino's final team.

Yeah, I get why he was fired. I was fine with him being fired. That said his final team has still performed better, at this point, than this team.

Like I said before, context should matter in terms of # of B1G wins. I'd imagine if we get 7 or even 8 B1G wins, we still won't be as "good" as Pitino's final team.

Yeah, I get why he was fired. I was fine with him being fired. That said his final team has still performed better, at this point, than this team.
Yeah context should matter when it comes to wins. If you win 2 games after January your early season results don't mean much. Nor does your final kenpom rating.

Yeah context should matter when it comes to wins. If you win 2 games after January your early season results don't mean much. Nor does your final kenpom rating.

Yeah, like I said, I was fine with him getting fired. That team was still 14-15 against a top 15 schedule. Obviously not good or anything, but that 2021 team would obviously fare much better against this schedule.

Yeah, like I said, I was fine with him getting fired. That team was still 14-15 against a top 15 schedule. Obviously not good or anything, but that 2021 team would obviously fare much better against this schedule.
They'd likely collapse down the stretch like a lot of other his teams did.

It's easier. Look at all the 1st and 2nd year coaches that have had major success. Our coach just can't for whatever reason. Look at Muss's E8 teams. Arkansas went from 18-16 to E8 in 2 years under Muss in large part because of the portal.

Yet you just said that losing four players early to the draft is tough to replace, even with the portal.

Call us when Ben Johnson makes the E8 of the NIT let alone the NCAA multiple times...

If you think that I was knocking Musselman....you are mistaken. And not that this rumor has any weight....but if it did.....I would hope that Coyle would consider the option.

Losing 4 guys early to the draft is tough to replace in any era. Winning early has never been easier because of the portal era. Both can be true and both are.

It's almost like replacing a bunch of players is easier said than done. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom