Coaching Changes says source they trust: Muss already sending 3rd party inquiries to Minnesota and ASU as well as several less realistic spots

noting that someone shot one of nolan richardson's horses after he got sideways with the university of arkansas. their winningest coach, national championship, and still gets a horse shot.

Someone on Twitter called CoachingChanges was told this by an unproven source they instinctively trust.

Hmmmm 🤔
I’m with you, this is nothing.

He’s in a contract year. Someone in His Agent’s office is sending back channel communications so that rumors happen. Create the illusion of demand.

Standard stuff.

Changing the subject, but Interesting to note, SI is stating, word in NCAA coaching circles notes his current team is the most uncoachable group ever assembled. Says its due to trying to bring in transfers instead of relying on home grown players.

Minnesota's compliance
I know. But I'm saying who cares? Muss may color in the gray area but there really isn't any anymore. Unless he's personally procuring hookers and booze for players or something just do it.

I know. But I'm saying who cares? Muss may color in the gray area but there really isn't any anymore. Unless he's personally procuring hookers and booze for players or something just do it.
I mean the answer to your question is Minnesota's compliance cares.

In an age where you can sign a kid for 100 or 200k in NIL $$ what exactly does compliance look like these days?
Rumors are his dad got a local car dealer to loan them a car they could drive around campus. Quite a scandal.

Musselman wouldn't come here due to differences in what the Gophers can pay and what he can get paid.

He would be the big fish if you could get him. Of course. He's a skilled coach.

Or give CBJ another year since his players would be another year along, he's working with his guys still young. Let him ride his guys. I'm not offering an opinion either way. Saying Musselman is a good coach doesn't imply anything either way.

At what point do people say ride it out? I don't know.

This was my take on Pitino.....go big or stay with RP. He seems to rolling with the Lobos.
In retrospect, that might have been the absolute worst--if not the worst possible--time to part ways with Richard. Especially with the whole "eyes of the world are on Minnesota at this moment in history to carry everyone's water on social justice and equity and singlehandedly absolve and redeem the rest of the world by symbolically making a horrendous hire" bullshit.

Last edited:

In retrospect, that might have been the absolute worst--if not the worst possible--time to part ways with Richard. Especially with the whole "eyes of the world is on Minnesota at this moment in history to carry everyone's water on social justice and equity and singlehandedly absolve and redeem the rest of the world by symbolically making a horrendous hire" bullshit.
that was a deep take.... I agree

In retrospect, that might have been the absolute worst--if not the worst possible--time to part ways with Richard. Especially with the whole "eyes of the world is on Minnesota at this moment in history to carry everyone's water on social justice and equity and singlehandedly absolve and redeem the rest of the world by symbolically making a horrendous hire" bullshit.

The more I've thought about it the more I think it was a bad time to part with Richard just based on the changes with the transfer portal.

He was pretty good at using a mix of transfers/high school players here, the transfers just had to sit out. If you look at his New Mexico roster, it's a good mix of high school players and transfers.

Top Bottom