Already bowling (likely)

Are we hoping for the Gophers to get an extra game.....and more importantly.....a bunch of extra practice?

Don't let your hurt feelings force you to root against the best interest of the program.
I'm indifferent really. I assume the opinion is pretty split. Extra practices yes. But sometimes bad seasons just need to end.

I'm indifferent really. I assume the opinion is pretty split. Extra practices yes. But sometimes bad seasons just need to end.

It's pretty simple. Don't watch the bowl game if it's underneath you. But regardless of the bowl game.....NYD or BS shit bowl.....the practice is beneficial.

Can't believe some fans are so petty that they'd prefer to see the program punished because of a down year.

Are we hoping for the Gophers to get an extra game.....and more importantly.....a bunch of extra practice?

Don't let your hurt feelings force you to root against the best interest of the program.
Fleck having more time to recruit and figure out/line up his coaching staff moves will have a bigger impact on this program than them going bowling with 5 wins to go play some MAC team.

Fleck having more time to recruit and figure out/line up his coaching staff moves will have a bigger impact on this program than them going bowling with 5 wins to go play some MAC team.

So working with the players currently on the team is less important than finding new players?

You should let every team not in the playoffs know that they are wasting their time on bowl games.

What a shame that a garbage team like Minnesota this one season -- and other teams like that -- could actually get into a bowl game.

Need to contract the number of Bowls.

Seriously do we need Jim and Helen's Bait shop bowl?
The number 15 team in the Big TEN vs. the number 15 team in the Big TWELVE.

Except in odd years, it’s the second bowl ineligible team from Conference USA vs. the worst of the service academies.

I hate these bullshit bowls.

It's pretty simple. Don't watch the bowl game if it's underneath you. But regardless of the bowl game.....NYD or BS shit bowl.....the practice is beneficial.

Can't believe some fans are so petty that they'd prefer to see the program punished because of a down year.
I'm not seeing it as punishment and I'm certainly not with those who say we should decline like it's beneath us. I just can't bring myself to watch these games with baited breath caring if a bad, beat up 5-7 team gets a Bowl bid.

I do want FSU to win to see how the Committee squirms their way into giving Alabama a bid though.

If AK can't play (depending on that concussion) how many of next year's key offensive players on offense will even be involved in these extra practices? Nubin won't be the lead back. BSF and CRAB won't be back. The defense is also pretty decimated. Are extra practices bad? No. Are they terribly valuable in the big picture? Also no.

I'm not seeing it as punishment and I'm certainly not with those who say we should decline like it's beneath us. I just can't bring myself to watch these games with baited breath caring if a bad, beat up 5-7 team gets a Bowl bid.

I do want FSU to win to see how the Committee squirms their way into giving Alabama a bid though.

I think the benefits of postseason play, regardless of bowl prestige, is important. I really don't see how anyone could say otherwise.

I think the benefits of postseason play, regardless of bowl prestige, is important. I really don't see how anyone could say otherwise.
Do you get upset that Power 6 teams routinely decline invites to the CBI in basketball because they would lose $$?

It is not petty and certainly not punishment to think the team shouldn’t be in a bowl game.

5-7 shouldn’t earn any team a bowl invitation.

This team has bigger issues to be addressed than getting an extra 15 practices in.

Do you get upset that Power 6 teams routinely decline invites to the CBI in basketball because they would lose $$?

CBI doesn't invite Power 6 teams.

It is not petty and certainly not punishment to think the team shouldn’t be in a bowl game.

It has nothing to do with "deserving" a bowl game. Everything to do with whether it's better to be invited or not.

If the Gophers get a "gift" to be in a bowl then they will accept it. Foolish not to. And maybe they don't have a choice. As fans we have no control other than choosing to attend the bowl or watch it on TV.

I will watch it.

Right. I also think that in the current "free" portal transfer age that we are currently in.....keeping the team together for an extra month or so could be the difference between keeping or losing a guy.

Fleck said after the game that MN will go to a bowl game if invited. So that question seems to be settled. the only remaining question is whether that invitation will be presented or not.

My gripe is with garbage bowls existing. Which flop team plays in the flop bowl.

But if someone has to have the bowl, whatever, may as well be Gophers instead of the other guy.

This team has bigger issues to be addressed than getting an extra 15 practices in.
With the influx of Participation Trophy Bowls a .41 win rate makes the grade. Back in the day .50 was generally regarded as failure. But to a program embraces failure, the emperor is looking fine.

My gripe is with garbage bowls existing. Which flop team plays in the flop bowl.

But if someone has to have the bowl, whatever, may as well be Gophers instead of the other guy.
It's TV content over the holidays. Nothing more. Nothing less. I guess I'd rather see the Gophers play in a game than some other team.

Well then figure out a way to reduce the number of bowls. Because every couple years, there are more slots than there are six win teams.

Here's the thing.....nobody looks at the Birmingham, Cheez It, Scheinhardt Wig, or most of the other bowls as some sort of championship.

It's an extra game that allows the team to practice and stay together for an extra month. It also helps teams bond and decompress from the full season. Folks who can't understand the bowl season as fun simply don't get it.

Florida State touchdown! Two score game with 2:48 remaining. Scratch Florida off the board.

South Carolina down 16-7 to Clemson and they just punted the ball away with less than ten minutes. Not looking good there.

GO UCLA!

This team needs practices, and I love watching bowl games especially with BIG teams.

Also it's a good message both locally and nationally to say this team was awarded a bowl invite due to their excellent academic standing.

This team needs practices, and I love watching bowl games especially with BIG teams.

Also it's a good message both locally and nationally to say this team was awarded a bowl invite due to their excellent academic standing.

I watch as many bowl games as I can. Seeing unconventional matchups between teams that never typically play one another is fun. What kind of fan wouldn't want to see their team play?

I watch as many bowl games as I can. Seeing unconventional matchups between teams that never typically play one another is fun. What kind of fan wouldn't want to see their team play?
I used to find random bowl games interesting but with players sitting out post season games that aren't CFP, they've become less interesting. They're more like pre-spring game games.

Florida and BYU both lost

Don't know how accurate 'jeff111' is with his analysis.....but assuming that Clemson closes out South Carolina.....we'll be looking at the last two games tonight.

California vs UCLA
Colorado State vs Hawaii

Just can't have CAL and CSU both win. UCLA is a new Big Ten member. Help us out new homies.

Northwestern winning gives it a chance. 77 in at this point + Jax, James Madison. Need the 7 games with 5 win teams to go 2 and 5 or worse. Byu in ot right now. Wash st tied with wash. Florida, s Carolina, s Florida, cal and CSU are the others. Only CSU and s Florida are favored.

Top Bottom