Already bowling (likely)

Eastern Mich no problem with Buffalo last night. So that's one more slot off the table.

Along with that we figured out Jax State is in.

Where we at?
Eastern Michigan I had assumed would be eligible in my calculation even though they were the “underdog”

From what I have read Jax state is in their last year of transition too even though they are in a diffeeent year of transition than JMU

By my count, there are now 68 eligible + Jax St and James Madison that would be in before us. There are 22 non-gopher teams that could get teams there. If they go 11-11, we would be in at 5-7. If they go 12-10, we would have to win and get eligible ourselves. I still don't know how Navy would work if they were one of the losses this week.

By my count, there are now 68 eligible + Jax St and James Madison that would be in before us. There are 22 non-gopher teams that could get teams there. If they go 11-11, we would be in at 5-7. If they go 12-10, we would have to win and get eligible ourselves. I still don't know how Navy would work if they were one of the losses this week.
From what I have read, Sunday is bowl selection day.
Army will be ineligible because they will be 5-5 on selection Sunday but two wins are FCS

Navy will be either 6-5 or 5-6 on selection day. If they are 5-6 they are not eligible. Part of the deal they made themselves by having a game after bowl selection day.

From what I have read, Sunday is bowl selection day.
Army will be ineligible because they will be 5-5 on selection Sunday but two wins are FCS

Navy will be either 6-5 or 5-6 on selection day. If they are 5-6 they are not eligible. Part of the deal they made themselves by having a game after bowl selection day.
Not this Sunday, a week from Sunday (December 3).

Army only scheduled 11 games?

Interesting that if they had been 5-5 with only one counter FCS then I believe that would have been bowl eligible.

The rule just says you have to have the same number of wins as losses, I believe.

Army only scheduled 11 games?

Interesting that if they had been 5-5 with only one counter FCS then I believe that would have been bowl eligible.

The rule just says you have to have the same number of wins as losses, I believe.
army scheduled 12 games

They have played 11, they are 5-6. Navy game still left.

2 of the 11 are FCS. They are 3-6 against FBS opponents. They can count one FCS as a victory. So they are 4-6 for bowl eligibility.

OK typo then

How many bowl eligible teams did MN beat the past couple years? I’m pretty lazy, lol. This year it could be as many as 5, but 4 of those will have finished 6-6. Funny year. Disappointing, but fitting for the final year of the B1G West.

How many bowl eligible teams did MN beat the past couple years? I’m pretty lazy, lol. This year it could be as many as 5, but 4 of those will have finished 6-6. Funny year. Disappointing, but fitting for the final year of the B1G West.
2022: New Mexico State, Wisconsin, Syracuse. Michigan State was 5-6 going into the last week of the season and lost to Indiana in double overtime.

2021: Miami (OH), Purdue, Maryland, Wisconsin, West Virginia.

Some 5-6 teams not getting it done so far.

Utah State beats New Mexico in 2OT, that's another potential 5-7 bowl spot gone if it comes to that.

By my count, there are now 69 + James Madison and Jax. There are still 17 games with teams that are 5-6 that aren't the gophers. MN would need those teams to be 10-7 or worse if they lose. If 11 win MN would need to do it on their own.

It looks like 11 of the teams are favored, but most of them are small favorites. There are 6 teams that are pretty big underdogs. Navy, BYU, Wash St, Florida, South Carolina and Cal are all a TD or more underdogs.

If Gophs don’t win, I don’t want Fleck to be able to end the season with a bowl win.

He should have to simmer and steep in that his conservatism and in-game decisions caused the NW and ILL losses. Own it

It looks like 11 of the teams are favored, but most of them are small favorites. There are 6 teams that are pretty big underdogs. Navy, BYU, Wash St, Florida, South Carolina and Cal are all a TD or more underdogs.
So if all six teams that are big underdogs lose, then we just need one of the remaining eleven teams to also lose and we go bowling even if the refs give tomorrow’s game to the BADgers.

Go recruit. Bleep a bowl game.

Northwestern winning gives it a chance. 77 in at this point + Jax, James Madison. Need the 7 games with 5 win teams to go 2 and 5 or worse. Byu in ot right now. Wash st tied with wash. Florida, s Carolina, s Florida, cal and CSU are the others. Only CSU and s Florida are favored.

BYU loses. Washington State loses. Florida looking like they're going to beat a Florida State team without their Heisman quarterback. Doubt South Carolina beats Clemson.

Hope for our future B10 brethren to take down Cal.

Hope they don't get a bowl game offer. Mainly because they won't be able to finish at .500 and despite what some people think all bowl games stats count.

Might not be much difference but 5-8 sounds, looks and seems way worse than 5-7

No way they make it. Like four teams have to lose and that’s not going to happen. Put a nail in this team and season. It’s over. 😭😔😣

What a shame that a garbage team like Minnesota this one season -- and other teams like that -- could actually get into a bowl game.

Need to contract the number of Bowls.

Seriously do we need Jim and Helen's Bait shop bowl?

Florida State takes the lead early in the second half over the Gators.
Clemson should be able to beat South Carolina.

South Florida is two touchdowns up on Charlotte. Likely to be one of the two wins.

Then we've got:

Cal vs. UCLA
Colorado State vs Hawaii

Could come down to a single slot. Need UCLA to beat CAL as expected.

Florida State takes the lead early in the second half over the Gators.
Clemson should be able to beat South Carolina.

South Florida is two touchdowns up on Charlotte. Likely to be one of the two wins.

Then we've got:

Cal vs. UCLA
Colorado State vs Hawaii

Could come down to a single slot. Need UCLA to beat CAL as expected.
Are we rooting for the Gophers to get this spot or avoid it?

Top Bottom