All Things Weakling Wednesday

Just win baby and let Maryland beat Wisconsin.
Maryland is also 6-9 in the Big Ten right now, and we won our only game against them, so we get the tiebreaker for Big Ten Tournament seeding. I bet we get seeded ahead of Maryland even if they win tonight.

Maryland is also 6-9 in the Big Ten right now, and we won our only game against them, so we get the tiebreaker for Big Ten Tournament seeding. I bet we get seeded ahead of Maryland even if they win tonight.
Maybe, but let's leave nothing to chance. Much more likely Maryland catches us than we catch Fadgers. Ergo, I'll hold my nose hoping for the skunks to break their skid. But, it easily is a win-win if they lose as well.

Iowa beat Michigan State in East Lansing tonight, which means they're tied with us and get the 7 seed over us with head to head wins. Iowa's remaining games are @Illinois, Penn State, @Northwestern, and Illinois, so still a chance we can overtake them if they don't keep notching upset victories.

Iowa beat Michigan State in East Lansing tonight, which means they're tied with us and get the 7 seed over us with head to head wins. Iowa's remaining games are @Illinois, Penn State, @Northwestern, and Illinois, so still a chance we can overtake them if they don't keep notching upset victories.
Let’s go Illinois!

Well, we have two "The" teams going at it on Thursday. "The U" and "the ohio state." It is my hope that our "The" team wins. I think Hawkins has something to prove after being bullied the first time by ohio's point guard who isolated him and scored at will. I think this time around, we are much better prepared.
Our D is light years ahead from then; we got this!

If Weakling Wednesday (March 13) at Big Ten Tournament was held today (through Feb. 23):

#12 Maryland (6-10) vs. #13 Ohio State (5-11), 5:30 p.m. (Peacock)

#11 Indiana (6-9) vs. #14 Michigan (3-13), 8 p.m. (Peacock)

Next Update: after Sunday, Feb. 25 games.

If Weakling Wednesday (March 13) at Big Ten Tournament was held today (through Feb. 23):

#12 Maryland (6-10) vs. #13 Ohio State (5-11), 5:30 p.m. (Peacock)

#11 Indiana (6-9) vs. #14 Michigan (3-13), 8 p.m. (Peacock)

Next Update: after Sunday, Feb. 25 games.

Seeing those big brands in WW is unreal. That's like a dozen final fours combined. Michigan and OSU are basically a wrap at this point. Maybe IU and MD can play themselves out of it.

Yes. I don't think UMIch can avoid WW, and tOSU has just about clinched it. To avoid it they would have to win out.

Last edited:

Seeing those big brands in WW is unreal. That's like a dozen final fours combined. Michigan and OSU are basically a wrap at this point. Maybe IU and MD can play themselves out of it.
Should not take too long to see how many final fours it has been, also which B10 teams had not made it. It shall be my Friday task.

Should not take too long to see how many final fours it has been, also which B10 teams had not made it. It shall be my Friday task.

It's probably more than 12 now that I think about it. I can think of Michigan being in 5 off the top of my head, and I think IU has 5 titles(but could be wrong about that)

Indiana is the team I want to open with at Target Center. They stink, and they're dysfunctional. The problem is, I think they'll slide into WW. Would be an ideal matchup if we could get the Hoosiers in the 7-10 game Thursday night.

Michigan and Ohio State bringing up the rear just looks so odd coming off of football season where both programs are so dominant.

Nice to not be in the WW discussion this year. We are not 100% clear of it at this point because things are so bunched up standings wise but we are extremely close to being clear of it.....heck, find a way to win a road game or two down the stretch here and we could play ourselves into the double bye which would be huge.

thinking this is how things finish up

purdue 16-4
illinois 15-5
northwestern 13-7
nebraska 12-8
msu 11-9
wisconsin 11-9
minnesota 10-10
iowa 9-11
psu 9-11
rutgers 9-11
indiana 8-12
maryland 7-13
osu 7-13
michigan 3-17

That would make sense, but these fan bases are so apathetic these days, I doubt they'd pay the sub fee to watch. 🤣🤣
IU/Purdue games always draw the highest ratings on BTN. It's why every ad when we played Purdue was some local Indiana company or a political ad. When we play anyone else, we get Jennifer Coolidge Discover card ads 27 times.

If Weakling Wednesday (March 13) at Big Ten Tournament was held today (through Feb. 26):

#12 Indiana (6-10) vs. #13 Ohio State (6-11), 5:30 p.m. (Peacock)

#11 Rutgers (6-10) vs. #14 Michigan (3-14), 8 p.m. (Peacock)

Next update: after Feb. 28 games

Last edited:

Big games tonight for Ohio State (host Nebraska) and Rutgers (host Michigan) if they want any chance to play their way out of Weakling Wednesday. It's looking like 9-11 is the record that could put a team on the single-bye/WW bubble. 10-10 and you're for sure not playing until Thursday.

If Weakling Wednesday (March 13) at Big Ten Tournament was held today (through Feb. 28):

#12 Rutgers (6-10) vs. #13 Ohio State (6-11), 5:30 p.m. (Peacock)

#11 Maryland (7-11) vs. #14 Michigan (3-14), 8 p.m. (Peacock)

Next update: after Thursday, Feb. 29 games

Big games tonight for Ohio State (host Nebraska) and Rutgers (host Michigan) if they want any chance to play their way out of Weakling Wednesday. It's looking like 9-11 is the record that could put a team on the single-bye/WW bubble. 10-10 and you're for sure not playing until Thursday.

If Weakling Wednesday (March 13) at Big Ten Tournament was held today (through Feb. 28):

#12 Rutgers (6-10) vs. #13 Ohio State (6-11), 5:30 p.m. (Peacock)

#11 Maryland (7-11) vs. #14 Michigan (3-14), 8 p.m. (Peacock)

Next update: after Thursday, Feb. 29 games
Hold serve at home and who knows what happens in the last one?

Top Bottom