All Things Weakling Wednesday

If Weakling Wednesday (March 13) at Big Ten Tournament was held today (through Feb. 9):

#12 Rutgers (4-7) vs. #13 Michigan (3-9), 5:30 p.m. (Peacock)

#11 Iowa (5-7) vs. #14 Ohio State (3-9), 8 p.m. (Peacock)

Next Update: after Sunday, Feb. 11 games.

Well, I guess there is a silver lining to that choke-job. ... the Gophers remain outside the WW zone!!!!

If Weakling Wednesday (March 13) at Big Ten Tournament was held today (through Feb. 12):

#12 Maryland (5-8) vs. #13 Ohio State (4-9), 5:30 p.m. (Peacock)

#11 Rutgers (5-7) vs. #14 Michigan (3-10), 8 p.m. (Peacock)

Next Update: after Thursday, Feb. 15 games.

Well, I guess there is a silver lining to that choke-job. ... the Gophers remain outside the WW zone!!!!

If Weakling Wednesday (March 13) at Big Ten Tournament was held today (through Feb. 12):

#12 Maryland (5-8) vs. #13 Ohio State (4-9), 5:30 p.m. (Peacock)

#11 Rutgers (5-7) vs. #14 Michigan (3-10), 8 p.m. (Peacock)

Next Update: after Thursday, Feb. 15 games.
I have gotten so used to getting ragdolled, I am surprised there are four teams worse than us.

If Weakling Wednesday (March 13) at Big Ten Tournament was held today (through Feb. 16):

#12 Iowa (6-8) vs. #13 Ohio State (4-10), 5:30 p.m. (Peacock)

#11 Penn State (6-8) vs. #14 Michigan (3-11), 8 p.m. (Peacock)

Next Update: after Sunday, Feb. 18 games.

Rutgers with the big W at home against Northwestern. It might have been the worst no call I’ve seen in a while against Boo Bouie. Arguably just as bad as the call against New York the other night. They played well enough to get the W regardless.

Think beating Rutgers is a must win to avoid WW. We need to avoid finishing tied with Iowa since they swept us. Iowa has a tough remaining schedule though so it may not matter.
Yep, Iowa's remaining schedule is brutal:

Wisconsin
@ Michigan State
@ Illinois
Penn State
@ Northwestern
Illinois

Pretty good chance the Hawkeyes will join Michigan & Ohio State. With the schedule the Gophers have left (especially the 4 home games), should not finish behind Iowa.

Last edited:

Michigan
@ Michigan State
@ Illinois
Penn State
@ Northwestern
Illinois

Pretty good chance the Hawkeyes will join Michigan & Ohio State. With the schedule the Gophers have left (especially the 4 home games), should not finish behind Iowa.
and that alone is FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Michigan
@ Michigan State
@ Illinois
Penn State
@ Northwestern
Illinois

I think you inadvertently typed the wrong name at the top of the list. Iowa has played Michigan twice already. Their next game is against Wisconsin at home. It is nice to know that their chances of finishing ahead of us aren't too good.

I think you inadvertently typed the wrong name at the top of the list. Iowa has played Michigan twice already. Their next game is against Wisconsin at home. It is nice to know that their chances of finishing ahead of us aren't too good.
My bad, thanks for catching that. Corrected above.

Rutgers with the big W at home against Northwestern. It might have been the worst no call I’ve seen in a while against Boo Bouie. Arguably just as bad as the call against New York the other night. They played well enough to get the W regardless.
I saw that and thought a foul should have been called on the three as time ran out, but there would have been a near riot in the RAC if the call had been made. In general, I think refs are loath to make calls on end of game scrambles. If there was one to call, that was it. Boo got hacked pretty bad and it was obvious and impacted the play (and the outcome).

If Weakling Wednesday (March 13) at Big Ten Tournament was held today (through Feb. 19):

#12 Penn State (6-9) vs. #13 Ohio State (5-10), 5:30 p.m. (Peacock)

#11 Maryland (6-9) vs. #14 Michigan (3-12), 8 p.m. (Peacock)

Next Update: after Thursday, Feb. 22 games.

Forget about others. We need to take care of our business and not expect our competitors to tank. Finish strong and we will be fine.
Of course, that's always the best way to take care of things. ... do it yourself. Unfortunately, that's not how it always works out.

Of course, that's always the best way to take care of things. ... do it yourself. Unfortunately, that's not how it always works out.
Usually. Beating OSU Thurs is the first step. Is OSU much improved or was the Purdont game a fluke? Based on the past 6 games or so the Gophers may be in best place of the four teams you mentioned to finish strong. Gotta best OSU tho.

Usually. Beating OSU Thurs is the first step. Is OSU much improved or was the Purdont game a fluke? Based on the past 6 games or so the Gophers may be in best place of the four teams you mentioned to finish strong. Gotta best OSU tho.
Suckeyes are an enigma given that the sum of its parts are so much less than the whole.

Just would *love* to beat OSU. "the OSU". The big annoying university in Ohio.
Well, we have two "The" teams going at it on Thursday. "The U" and "the ohio state." It is my hope that our "The" team wins. I think Hawkins has something to prove after being bullied the first time by ohio's point guard who isolated him and scored at will. I think this time around, we are much better prepared.

There is also the fact that watching some of our competitors tank brings great joy (I know it does to me and I don't think I'm alone). I know the math overrides that sometimes.

Top Bottom