All Things Weakling Wednesday

I assume this means 10-15, 11-14, and 12-13 on WW, and then proceed as it is now.

Need to come up with a new term. Terrible Trio? Uninvited Dregs?
Sorry I didn't see this until after I posted something in another thread.

With an ode to Sir Charles Barkley, I'm going with "The Turrible Turds".

Go 'Cats (for tonight)! Keep Ohio State in Weakling Wednesday position!
Ohio State is quickly becoming the king of doing less with more in the conference. They have a lot of good players, a high payroll, and consistently highly rated recruits. And they underperform multiple years in a row. A lot of season left but I’m shocked how poor their record is so far.

Ohio State is quickly becoming the king of doing less with more in the conference. They have a lot of good players, a high payroll, and consistently highly rated recruits. And they underperform multiple years in a row. A lot of season left but I’m shocked how poor their record is so far.

And a few of the posters on this board that hate Johnson seem to think Holtmann is a good coach.

:unsure:

Northwestern is giving them a good old-fashioned ass whoopin'.

There's a difference between bitching about someone and hating them. Sheesh.

I actually like Ben fwiw.

You think I was referring to people hating him as a person.....and not as a coach?

Get help.

You gotta stop with picking fights and pissing matches. It's really cluttering up these threads and taking them off topic.

You might want to check and see who responded to who first. Also.....I've constantly been having multiple posters attack whenever I suggest that Ben Johnson shouldn't be fired after this year. Maybe you should direct some of these posts at some of the pessimists who've mostly taken over the basketball board?

Holtmann came from a successful run at Butler - which is a P6 school - but he does seem to be underachieving now, and will likely be replaced.

I think there’s a subtle thing here - he may be a better coach with lesser talent who fit their roles better than these AAU superstars he’s able to get at OSU. Woodson and Howard seem to have this issue, too. Talent is not a guarantee.

If Weakling Wednesday (March 13) at Big Ten Tournament was held today (through Jan. 28):

#12 Ohio State (3-6) vs. #13 Rutgers (2-6), 5:30 p.m. (Peacock)

#11 Penn State (3-6) vs. #14 Michigan (2-7), 8 p.m. (Peacock)

Next Update: after Thursday, February 1 games.

The Yankees of the B1G.

Updated Big Ten:

1 Purdue 9-2
2 Wisconsin 8-2
3 Illinois 7-3
4 Nebraska 6-5 (2-0)
5 Northwestern 6-5 (1-1)
6 Sparty 6-5 (0-2)
7 Minnesota 5-5
8 Maryland 5-6 (2-1; 1-0 vs. Ill)
9 Indiana 5-6 (2-1; 0-1)
10 PSU 5-6 (1-1)
11 Iowa 5-6 (0-2)
12 Rutgers 3-7
13 OSU 3-8
14 Michigan 2-9

Jumbled mess between 4 and 11.

If Weakling Wednesday (March 13) at Big Ten Tournament was held today (through Feb. 3):

#12 Rutgers (3-7) vs. #13 Ohio State (3-8), 5:30 p.m. (Peacock)

#11 Iowa (5-6) vs. #14 Michigan (2-9), 8 p.m. (Peacock)

Next Update: after Thursday, February 8 games.

Top Bottom