All Things 2021 NCAA College Basketball March Madness Tournament Thread

Transfers from UNC-Asheville (Teague) and Presbyterian ((Flagler) for Baylor and Southern Illinois (Cook) for Gonzaga have me Final Four dreaming for the Gophers next season ;-)

WOW WOW WOW! That was one hell of a sequence.

Baylor reminds me of UNLV in their heyday. Smothering, fast defense. A lot of people talked about their high flying offense, I loved watching that d.
Early on in the game, I was going to post that this had the ‘90 championship game where UNLV blew Duke out by 30, but then deleted it as Gonzaga clawed back into it.

But this is the closest approximation to that squad I can think of, right down to the outlaw reputation and multiple transfers. Hell, I even heard a scream after a dunk that channeled Moses Scurry :).

This is going to be depressing seeing a team go so far to perfection and fail. Was hoping to see history but they are out here getting bodied tonight.

Also, haven't been paying full attention but not seeing much from Suggs. Would hope to see a star take over here ala Carr.

Starting to wonder where this game will register in Mark Few’s career for margin of loss...

This is going to be depressing seeing a team go so far to perfection and fail. Was hoping to see history but they are out here getting bodied tonight.

Really? I really don't want to see a team go perfect unless it's the Gophers or another Minnesota team.

The Patriots in 2007-2008? Go Giants!

There's no question that Gonzaga is a great team. But Baylor is playing their A game. And it's much more impressive than Gonzaga's A game.
Zags are shooting 54% and getting hammered.

Zags are shooting 54% and getting hammered.

Yup. Baylor making their outside shots. They are turning Gonzaga over. And they have been getting second chance points all game. Just doing everything correctly.

Reactions: sal

Tonight and Saturday leaves little doubt in my mind that if they played in a power 6 conference, they'd have had 3-4 losses. Still a great team either way though .

Really? I really don't want to see a team go perfect unless it's the Gophers or another Minnesota team.

The Patriots in 2007-2008? Go Giants!
I like seeing history/greatness and I especially don't mind when our teams aren't even close lol. If we had potential to do this soon too then maybe I wouldn't be excited for them. I like seeing greats in action though, they are so rare.

I like seeing history/greatness and I especially don't mind when our teams aren't even close lol. If we had potential to do this soon too then maybe I wouldn't be excited for them. I like seeing greats in action though, they are so rare.
Enjoy this Baylor team—don’t want to be a prisoner of the moment, but they’ve had the most impressive Final Four weekend that I can recall in a long time.

Please .. god ... yahweh ... vishnu ... whatever the F is out there ....

let Nuness bring even just a piece of whatever drugs or whatever it is they’re giving these guys down in Waco

Top Bottom