All Things 2021 NCAA College Basketball March Madness Tournament Thread

This game has been out of hand since halfway through the 1st half. Gonzaga looks like a mid major against Baylor. The talent and intensity difference is so much more than I thought it would be.
I don't follow the game as closely as I used to, but I've watched a lot of the tourney and Gonzaga just strikes me as super-soft. They get out in front when they can dictate pace, they are extremely good. Watching them struggle against UCLA made me think they might be in trouble tonight. That said, they are fun to watch. As others have said, great spacing and fundamentally sound on the offensive end.

This is what I thought would happen to Gonzaga in like round 2 or 3 lol. Way off.

The story is really as much in the rebounding as anything. Baylor ahead 36-19.
I'd say 3 pt shooting is critical too. Gonzaga has had nothing easy from behind the arc. Baylor 10-22, Gonzaga 4-16. 6 more 3s = 18 pts? What a coincidence...

I have it on good authority that Holmgren is watching this game in disgust. I hear he is on the phone right now with coach Johnson begging for a spot on the Gophers, he clearly sees he has no chance at glory with Gonzaga and the maroon and gold is his best path to legendary greatness. Johnson is gonna see if he can make room.

Adam-Morrison-Crying.jpg

Some people are natural born winners. Some people are thought to be winners but are Jalen Suggs.
Same end to his football career.

Let the super spreader begin in Waco!

Oh wait, these kids are all saving themselves for marriage.

Some people are natural born winners. Some people are thought to be winners but are Jalen Suggs.
Same end to his football career.

I went golfing this weekend with a buddy and a guy he works with. Said dude's sister (or cousin?) is married to the head coach of the women's team at Minnehaha. Said that Suggs was a whiny little bastard.

I'm glad to see Baylor win. One, they were the better team. Two, Indiana deserved to keep their unbeaten 1976 season as the best. The Big 10 conference is such a great conference that going undefeated is a remarkable thing. Gonzaga plays in a fairly weak West Coast Conference where they don't play elite teams week after week. I wouldn't mind them winning a national championship, but claiming one as an undefeated team seemed unfair to Indiana University and their feat.

This is a prime example why the Zags are always overrated. They have a good team that plays in a weak conference. They would not have won the B1G title. They are not tested enough. I wanted to puke every time I heard all the hype of an undefeated season.

I went golfing this weekend with a buddy and a guy he works with. Said dude's sister (or cousin?) is married to the head coach of the women's team at Minnehaha. Said that Suggs was a whiny little bastard.
It seems like that's a common private opinion of the star player by others in the school. I'm sure sometimes it's true. But often it's jealousy.

This is a prime example why the Zags are always overrated. They have a good team that plays in a weak conference. They would not have won the B1G title. They are not tested enough. I wanted to puke every time I heard everyone all the hype of an undefeated season.
Give me a break, 31-1, make it to the final game and they are overrated. 9 teams from our conference, 9, not one made it to this game. Sit down and shut up, they are a great team!

It seems like that's a common private opinion of the star player by others in the school. I'm sure sometimes it's true. But often it's jealousy.

That may be. But this was second hand coming from the coach of the women's basketball team at Minnehaha.

And not sure if anyone remembers, I think it was their first game of the year against Kansas? When Suggs went down with what the commentators were speculating was an ACL by the way he needed to be carried off the floor. Sat on the sidelines with his head down and a towel over his head while a trainer worked on him. Few minutes later he was up putting a little weight on it....few more minutes later he was jogging, few minutes later he was back on the court. lol.

Tell me what I said isn’t true? 🤷🏾‍♂️
Bitch refers to a female dog or negatively towards a woman. Not a great word choice as I am neither a dog or a woman. Now you tell me what I said was wrong.

He ended this season just like he ended his football career. I watched both games but only one in person.

Baylor defense was suffocating, but they get away with a ton of body contact and arm swats.

Top Bottom