All Things 2021 NCAA College Basketball March Madness Tournament Thread

Stan

Reaction score
Let the buzzer beaters, Cinderella stories and covid protocol begin!

If you're interested in the Drake-Wichita St. game today, here are a few thoughts and things to look for from all my time spent watching Drake's games at the Knapp Center:

1. Two starters - Roman Penn and Shanquan Hemphill - are out with broken feet.

2. Penn's replacement at point guard, Joseph Yesufu, is a dynamic scorer and not much of a passer. He plays a lot like Marcus Carr, actually.

3. Liam's replacement at center is Darnell Brodie. He doesn't look or play anything like Liam. He's shorter, much broader and heavier, and only looks for a shot when he's in the deep low post. He's an important player, but spends a lot of time in foul trouble.

4. They have no bench at all. You might see three players go all 40 minutes.

5. Really, really well coached by Darian DeVries, who recently signed an 8-year extension.

6. That extension will last until about five minutes after Mad Fran is done at Iowa, then DeVries will be the next Hawkeye head coach.

7. With the injuries, I don't think they have enough to hang with the Shockers. 74-62 Wichita St.

App State 0 for 18 from 3 at the half making our shooting look great comparatively.

If you're interested in the Drake-Wichita St. game today, here are a few thoughts and things to look for from all my time spent watching Drake's games at the Knapp Center:

2. Penn's replacement at point guard, Joseph Yesufu, is a dynamic scorer and not much of a passer. He plays a lot like Marcus Carr, actually.

3. Liam's replacement at center is Darnell Brodie. He doesn't look or play anything like Liam. He's shorter, much broader and heavier, and only looks for a shot when he's in the deep low post. He's an important player, but spends a lot of time in foul trouble.

5. Really, really well coached by Darian DeVries, who recently signed an 8-year extension.

6. That extension will last until about five minutes after Mad Fran is done at Iowa, then DeVries will be the next Hawkeye head coach.

7. With the injuries, I don't think they have enough to hang with the Shockers. 74-62 Wichita St.
Anything can happen in Match, especially against a team notorious for choking games away like Wichita.

Norfolk St scores just 18 in the second half but still hangs on

Drake with the win.

I’ve been watching Big Ten basketball for nearly 40 years and I don’t think I’ve seen a worse Michigan State team than this one. Woof they’re not very good.

Gahhh this tournament might show B1G is overrated yet again. I don't trust Iowa's defense, Wisonsin might not win a game, Michigan missing Livers, Maryland will be lucky to beat Uconn. B1G starting 0-1

lol. MSU just fell apart. Fortunately we can fix our brackets. I thought MSU could upset Texas. DOH!!

lol. MSU just fell apart. Fortunately we can fix our brackets. I thought MSU could upset Texas. DOH!!
Yup, didn’t finish my bracket based on this game. If MSU looked tight, I had them beating BYU and beating Texas. I have changed that to TX beating UCLA.

MSU meltdown. "Izzo in March" days behind him. Hope they suck next year too.

His bitching about how disrespectful it was to be an 11 seed and then he loses to UCLA.

CBS includes Brad Davison in its cold open this morning. I'm sure they had to edit out the part when he punched the cameraman in the nuts.

This court has a pretty large sun spot on one end of the floor. I wonder if that could be an issue with early games.

There was a vignette later last night where the BYU team had this little procession ceremony when one of their trainers ceremoniously cleared them for competition by reading their COVID test results. It was very fun, and Andy Katz was all smiles when they came back to the studio. The NBA guys were having none of it, though. They weren't amused. They're not into the spirit of college athletics.

How does their play speak for the Big10?
Well seeing as they weren't very good there either, I don't know.

I just remember when the Gophers played them thinking that this is one of the only times I could say with a straight face that we were a more talented team than they were.

MSU meltdown. "Izzo in March" days behind him. Hope they suck next year too.

His bitching about how disrespectful it was to be an 11 seed and then he loses to UCLA.
He did a fantastic job to even get there with the team he had. They were bad.

Look at the difference between what he did and what our guy did.

I don't think he's done either. Has the #7 rated class in the nation coming for next year.

He did a fantastic job to even get there with the team he had. They were bad.

Look at the difference between what he did and what our guy did.

I don't think he's done either. Has the #7 rated class in the nation coming for next year.
You’re right. He out coached Pitino. Bitched about disrespect with his seed. Got beat after a meltdown.

Colgate - Arkansas already pretty entertaining. Not a ton of scoring yet but lots of back and forth. Both teams get lots of shots off.

Top Bottom