2023-2024 College Football Coaches Hired/Fired Thread

Yeah for a few recruits that’s true
For the backup left guard at the 30rh best team in the country how much NIL do you think they’re getting 😂

I really don't know, but the money has always been available. I'm an old guy in my 70s, I played bball for a very small college and as a freshman I came off the bench, had a great game and became a starter from there on out. The very next day after that great game, I found out I "had a job" that paid nicely, all I had to do was show up and study for several hours. Plus, I'd go out to dinner at a restaurant and I'd ask for my bill and the waitress would say something like "a couple that just left picked up your bill". Point is I wasn't very good, playing at a very small college and all of a sudden I was being taken care of by alums and locals. So when you get to the current state of college sport, I find it very hard to believe that even a backup at any power conference team can't come up with the funds for family to be at games.

I really don't know, but the money has always been available. I'm an old guy in my 70s, I played bball for a very small college and as a freshman I came off the bench, had a great game and became a starter from there on out. The very next day after that great game, I found out I "had a job" that paid nicely, all I had to do was show up and study for several hours. Plus, I'd go out to dinner at a restaurant and I'd ask for my bill and the waitress would say something like "a couple that just left picked up your bill". Point is I wasn't very good, playing at a very small college and all of a sudden I was being taken care of by alums and locals. So when you get to the current state of college sport, I find it very hard to believe that even a backup at any power conference team can't come up with the funds for family to be at games.
Must be nice

Rutgers extends Greg Schiano through 2030 after reaching his high water mark of 6 wins in 2023.

Rutgers also went bowling after the 2021 season with a 5-7 mark. 3 wins in the COVID season and 4 wins last year.

Athlon reporting rumors of Scott Frost the iwao as OC.

I believe the rumors began on the Pat McAfee show, so, take it for what it's worth.

Presumably not having to play Mich, OSU, and PSU every year should help with win totals.

Rutgers extends Greg Schiano through 2030 after reaching his high water mark of 6 wins in 2023.

Rutgers also went bowling after the 2021 season with a 5-7 mark. 3 wins in the COVID season and 4 wins last year.
He took a dead program that no one else could revive and did so. He and Rutgers are a good match. All the easy wins in the B1G are going away slow but sure.

Well, maybe you were with a crooked school. I have a brother who was an All-American at a D3 school and he never received a dime. Sure it helped as he looked for positions in the future because it gave him some connections, but there wasn't any money or a bunch of benefits. Now, I also know a number of kids playing D1 schools and they aren't getting much of anything - it's largely overblown how much kids are getting.

Well, maybe you were with a crooked school. I have a brother who was an All-American at a D3 school and he never received a dime. Sure it helped as he looked for positions in the future because it gave him some connections, but there wasn't any money or a bunch of benefits. Now, I also know a number of kids playing D1 schools and they aren't getting much of anything - it's largely overblown how much kids are getting.

I call BS on your comment. I knew a number of guys that played at different schools at different levels, they all got extras of some sort. FYI, I was studying to become a minister at a very small school (800 students), very conservative environment, "crooked" wasn't any part of the environment.

What about we go after Northwestern's OC? Braun will want to bring in his own staff making Bajakian available. Lateral move (or worse depending on your view), experienced and might be in our budget.

What about we go after Northwestern's OC? Braun will want to bring in his own staff making Bajakian available. Lateral move (or worse depending on your view), experienced and might be in our budget.
Is there an OC opening?

Something has to change. Either PJ stays away from play calling & time management or an OC with enough cojones to stand up to him comes aboard.

Shocked they didn't hire an established head coach. Moore proved himself capable during Harbaugh's suspension and if he can keep the current talent level up, may end up being a good move.
One can never tell, but Moore has done a good job as Michigan OC and led the team well with Harbaugh away from the sidelines. Moore is facing a big challenge with a huge number of key players graduating from or leaving the national championship team.

That said, Michigan was kind of painted into a corner because Moore had done so well on the sidelines. He's been at Michigan since 2018 and is considered a good recruiter, so he was the logical guy. Different situation, but not unlike when Carr took over for Moeller.

Imagine our new DC leaving now to go to WI or IA. I’d question if I’d even want to hire a guy that would do this. I’m sure the money is better but yikes.

Edit: He’s even from Grand Forks and played at UND.

Last edited:

One can never tell, but Moore has done a good job as Michigan OC and led the team well with Harbaugh away from the sidelines. Moore is facing a big challenge with a huge number of key players graduating from or leaving the national championship team.

That said, Michigan was kind of painted into a corner because Moore had done so well on the sidelines. He's been at Michigan since 2018 and is considered a good recruiter, so he was the logical guy. Different situation, but not unlike when Carr took over for Moeller.
I don't see this as settling or a compromise at all. I think he will do well.

Imagine our new DC leaving now to go to WI or IA. I’d question if I’d even want to hire a guy that would do this. I’m sure the money is better but yikes.

I guess Roehl decided he couldn't stick around in Fargo after being passed over for the HC opening?

Or maybe he and Polasek have issues from long time together (both player coach and coach coach).

That's why Ruesse always says "Fargo is the Paris of the Midwest".

Shocked they didn't hire an established head coach. Moore proved himself capable during Harbaugh's suspension and if he can keep the current talent level up, may end up being a good move.
Does Michigan want to go through the dance of looking weak trying to hire coaches who don’t want to be a part of possible cheating consequences?

I don’t think so.

Sources: Boston College coach Jeff Hafley is expected to become the new defensive coordinator of the Green Bay Packers. Hafley has brought BC to bowl eligibility in three of his four years.

Hafley's reasons for taking this coordinator job are rooted in both the overall state of college football and the opportunity to work for one of the NFL’s most respected franchises.

“He wants to go coach football again in a league that is all about football,” a source told ESPN. “College coaching has become fundraising, NIL and recruiting your own team and transfers. There’s no time to coach football anymore."

Top Bottom