2023-2024 College Football Coaches Hired/Fired Thread

Yup there is and Oregon is a helmet school at this point, gets all sorts of cool gear for their player, far enough away (that you “went away” to school, yet close enough for your parents to see your games) and they got a rocking game experience and amazing cheerleaders as well.

Quick scrolling showed 9 Caly kids on thur roster through the 0-20 (roster is numeric, as it should be vs, alphabetical).

Lots if speed coming to the B10 next season.

I'd also like to think we'll be bringing "Lots of physical" as well. Really love what Lanning is doing at Oregon.

Looking like Jeff Traylor, the current UT-SA coach, is headed to Houston. Not officially announced, but a lot of people are claiming it will happen.

I'd say Nebraska has less talent in that radius.
Metro Omaha, KC, Des Moines. Not much west but a lot of midsized cities south and east, too. If you subscribe to the idea of more football talent the further south you go, I would probably like Lincoln over MSP.

Nevada fires coach. We will be facing a year zero program.

To build off what SG had already posted:

Syracuse hires Fran Brown: Georgia DB coach widely regarded as one of the nation's best recruiters

We tried that here with Brewster. Fair enough, completely different times.

Are Syracuse boosters going to cough up big bucks, like Colorado did for Sanders? That's the only way they have a chance.

Looking like Jeff Traylor, the current UT-SA coach, is headed to Houston. Not officially announced, but a lot of people are claiming it will happen.
Looks like Traylor's $7M buyout was too rich for Houston, so they're going with Willie Fritz of Tulane. So now Tulane is on the hunt for a new coach.

Metro Omaha, KC, Des Moines. Not much west but a lot of midsized cities south and east, too. If you subscribe to the idea of more football talent the further south you go, I would probably like Lincoln over MSP.
Lincoln is an 8 hour drive to Denver
9.5 to Dallas
3 hour to Kansas City
7 to St. Louis
10 to Memphis
6.5 to Minneapolis
7.5 to Chicago
10.5 to Louisville

Minneapolis is
10.5 to Louisville
6.5 to Chicago
6 to Omaha
12 to Memphis
8.5 to St. Louis
6 to Kansas City
13 to Denver
14 to Dallas

The proximity to Denver, Dallas, Kansas City is what makes it maybe marginally better geographically to recruit to. But what makes it really better is 1985-2010

Jerry Kill has some Company.
Great get for them.

I think this may be a trend in football in the future. He is a great coach. Got a Power 5 contract and all that money, and now wants to coach somewhere with lower pressure and stress. He already has the money.

9.5 to Dallas
3 hour to Kansas City
7 to St. Louis
10 to Memphis
6.5 to Minneapolis
7.5 to Chicago
10.5 to Louisville

Minneapolis is
10.5 to Louisville
6.5 to Chicago
6 to Omaha
12 to Memphis
8.5 to St. Louis
6 to Kansas City
13 to Denver
14 to Dallas

The proximity to Denver, Dallas, Kansas City is what makes it maybe marginally better geographically to recruit to. But what makes it really better is 1985-2010
That and the majority of their alumni that leave the state end up in Denver or KC

9.5 to Dallas
3 hour to Kansas City
7 to St. Louis
10 to Memphis
6.5 to Minneapolis
7.5 to Chicago
10.5 to Louisville

Minneapolis is
10.5 to Louisville
6.5 to Chicago
6 to Omaha
12 to Memphis
8.5 to St. Louis
6 to Kansas City
13 to Denver
14 to Dallas

I find it pretty interesting that "driving distance" is a factor in recruiting. I'd be surprised if your coaches actually "drive" to visit recruits in any of these metro areas. Flying from Minn to Dallas or Atlanta is about 2 1/2 hours, about the same as Eugene to LA. Virtually all of the population East of the Rockies should be reasonably accessible.

I find it pretty interesting that "driving distance" is a factor in recruiting. I'd be surprised if your coaches actually "drive" to visit recruits in any of these metro areas. Flying from Minn to Dallas or Atlanta is about 2 1/2 hours, about the same as Eugene to LA. Virtually all of the population East of the Rockies should be reasonably accessible.
Driving distance is more beneficial for a recruits family who want to be able to watch their son play regularly during college. That can be attractive for a lot of recruits.

They don’t.
But your family coming to visit you. You going home,
Your family coming to watch your home games is a factor for a lot of kids .

Not every family can just afford 28 flights per fall for a family of 4 to go to 7 games

Guy got a raw deal when he was replaced by a former FIU firee. Diaz is a very good coach imo.
He's definitely a great coordinator, and he wasn't a terrible head coach despite his reputation. I think he's one of those guys who can succeed with a second chance.

They don’t.
But your family coming to visit you. You going home,
Your family coming to watch your home games is a factor for a lot of kids .

Not every family can just afford 28 flights per fall for a family of 4 to go to 7 games
Perhaps recruits with NIL money can fly family in anytime they want. I honestly don't think this is an issue these days.

Perhaps recruits with NIL money can fly family in anytime they want. I honestly don't think this is an issue these days.
Yeah for a few recruits that’s true
For the backup left guard at the 30rh best team in the country how much NIL do you think they’re getting 😂

Top Bottom