2023-2024 College Football Coaches Hired/Fired Thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Northwestern first out of the gate, less than 7 weeks before the season:

Go Gophers!!

If you told me a week ago that Fitz would be the first coach in the 2023-2024 firing thread I would not have believed you.
I wouldn’t have believed first. I think he was coaching for his job this year even without this.

So 10.5 months ago in Ireland, Northwestern under Pat Fitzgerald upended Nebraska with Scott Frost at the helm in a Week 0 Big Ten tilt.

Neither coach would win another game against an FBS team much less a Big Ten opponent.

Michigan State chimes in. It's September 18, two coaches down, both in the Big Ten.

Go Gophers!!

Boise State chimes in firing their coach.

The NIL, transfer portal and early signing period side affects. Schools have to fire earlier.

It would be fun. And it would either go really well or really bad.
I have a hard time seeing the middle
Beats posting on a bunch of the other recent threads out here.

Great time for James Franklin to find a new team? Although PSU is no longer guaranteed to play both MI and tOSU each year.

Penn State fires OC. That’s two 8-2 B1G teams firing their OC.

It’s a different college football world out there.

With Boise state firing I think that means Sanford is available as an Oc candidate

Pulled the plug quick on him.
Both he and Jimbo were fired after wins

What that tells me is they weren’t firing the person purely on wins and losses.
If you go from not firing a coach to firing a coach in one game, you’re probably a bad decision maker

Best fit, not sure why he tried the dysfunctional Auburn experiment
Money and a program you could win a national championship

No brainer to me

And if he ends up back at Boise it makes it even more true. Lost nothing. Gained money and the knowledge not to move again

Money and a program you could win a national championship

No brainer to me
Ya, get that, but there had to a be a bunch of red flags, will the alumni bother you? Nah, nothing to worry about..this is the same program that was interviewing Bob Petrino behind Tommy Tuberville's back...and Tuberville didn't do all that bad, minus a natty

Ya, get that, but there had to a be a bunch of red flags, will the alumni bother you? Nah, nothing to worry about..this is the same program that was interviewing Bob Petrino behind Tommy Tuberville's back...and Tuberville didn't do all that bad, minus a natty
Brian Harsin was in his 20s when that all went down. Maybe he didn’t do his homework well enough. Doesn’t matter, got paid

Brian Harsin was in his 20s when that all went down. Maybe he didn’t do his homework well enough. Doesn’t matter, got paid
Always gotta do your homework, but you're right, your going to get paid at the end.

Top Bottom