2020-2021 College Basketball Other Games Thread

After watching Illinois Iowa Michigan and Ohio state, I'm hard pressed to see any big ten quality players on San Diego state or Utah State

I think their big men can play (from both teams) and Mitchell from SDSU.

I wouldn't expect them to have the same talent level overall.

After watching Illinois Iowa Michigan and Ohio state, I'm hard pressed to see any big ten quality players on San Diego state or Utah State
They're not the bar. At least for now. The bar is are they better than Freeman and Gach.

He may have the morals of an alley cat, but man he can coach. Sometimes the apple bounces sideways and rolls down a hill.

Yes he can coach 'em up, but that comparison my dear Howard, is an insult to Alley Cats.

San Diego State very impressive. They really get after it on defense. Both coaches would be an upgrade over Pitino IMO.
Yep couple of pretty good teams out there but it looks like San Diego's defense is just a little better.

I just caught the end of USU SDSU.

The baldy for USU really sunk whatever chances they had with 3pt bricks. And the bad turnover hurt too.

But reminded me of Gophers. Winced every time he put up a 3.

CBS guy saying USU is last team in ... for now.

Would I be a selfish prick, and invite all kinds of bad karma, if I say that I hope they don’t get in ..... so that Smith can be announced the new coach sooner??

I just caught the end of USU SDSU.

The baldy for USU really sunk whatever chances they had with 3pt bricks. And the bad turnover hurt too.

But reminded me of Gophers. Winced every time he put up a 3.

He was never squared to the basket - he catch it and twist and turn and chuck, you gotta be World B Free to make those shots.

Would I be a selfish prick, and invite all kinds of bad karma, if I say that I hope they don’t get in ..... so that Smith can be announced the new coach sooner??
Georgetown helping out.

He doesn’t want to come here. Has it really good at SDSU and with the weather.

Gonna take a younger man’s energy to rebuild this mother from the studs, frankly.
Dutcher really is in a pretty good situation.

Theyll have a chance to go further in the NIT that way

1. He doesn’t want to come here. Has it really good at SDSU and with the weather.

Gonna take a younger man’s energy to rebuild this mother from the studs, frankly.
What reporting do you have for your first point?

I don't believe the second point is necessarily valid - there are different types of energy in my experience. I sill have fire and energy in my 50s it presents itself differently - you sound like a youngin still in his 40s or so.

What reporting do you have for your first point?

I don't believe the second point is necessarily valid - there are different types of energy in my experience. I sill have fire and energy in my 50s it presents itself differently - you sound like a youngin still in his 40s or so.
Reporting: a very solid source. Called “myass” :D

OK, but Dutcher is 61 ...

Anyone watch Ohio's Jason Preston. .from a high school c team player to now. WOW he can play.

On a side note, maybe CBS has been doing this for a while but noticed that in the final 15 seconds of the shot clock they superimpose it on the court just above the free throw line. Never seen that before in a basketball broadcast but it is kind of cool. Don't have to glance down to the bottom of the screen in order to see the shot clock in those late clock situations.
Yeah, but it’s probably pretty distracting for the players.

I completely disagree with the poster that the guys in the Utah State vs SDSU game couldn't/wouldn't have played in the B1G conference semifinals much less the B1G period. Queta from Utah State is projected in some mocks to land in the high second round not far from where Oturu ended up going. I don't think anyone else on Utah State starts for a B1G team but Miller, Bean, and Anthony could be in rotations. All 3 have good size for their position and Miller and Anthony shoot the 3 at over 35% while all 3 play good defense. Maybe none of them crack Michigan, but I could see one or more playing for the other 3 schools. I think all 3 of those guys would have played minutes for Minnesota with one of them certainly starting when Gabe went down.

Matt Mitchell from San Diego State starts for everybody. 6'6, 235 lbs and can guard 2-4 (maybe 1-4) MWC Player of the Year, MWC All Defense. 15 ppg, 37.5% from 3. Another guard Jordan Schakel starts for a lot of the B1G and certainly Minnesota. 6'6 200lbs made over 3 3's a game while shooting 47% on them. There are other guys that have a case to at least be in a rotation in the B1G.

Top Bottom