2020-2021 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Anybody notice that Ohio State, the team our Gophers nearly derailed without two starters, is in the Championship. Beat Michigan.
We ain't going to the NIT. We are under 500 for the season.
McKinley Wright woulda been nice if he could have gotten admitted into school here.

Anybody notice that Ohio State, the team our Gophers nearly derailed without two starters, is in the Championship. Beat Michigan.
McKinley Wright woulda been nice if he could have gotten admitted into school here.

Some concrete evidence that Wright couldn't get in here would be nice. Otherwise it really sounds like people trying to pretend it wasn't just another Pitino miss.

The evidence that Minnesota is vastly superior to Colorado academically is hard to pin down.

Yeah. It was neat to listen to Bill Walton praise Wright as one of the latest great guards from the Minneapolis area.

Bill Walton is the best. I could watch any game that he calls because he's such a crazy goofball. After the last barrage of baskets in the game.

"Beavers and Buffaloes stampeding. Making dams. Creating habitats..........for others."

lol

The way I recall it....we had one scholarship remaining. Wright took his time making a decision and Isaiah Washington decided to commit here....taking it.

Bill Walton is the best. I could watch any game that he calls because he's such a crazy goofball. After the last barrage of baskets in the game.

"Beavers and Buffaloes stampeding. Making dams. Creating habitats..........for others."

lol
He expertly toes the line between psychopath and genius. I can listen to him for two minutes and determine he should be in the nuthouse...and 30 seconds later I realize he knows more about Twin Cities basketball than I know despite the fact that I'm closing in on living here for 45 years.

He expertly toes the line between psychopath and genius. I can listen to him for two minutes and determine he should be in the nuthouse...and 30 seconds later I realize he knows more about Twin Cities basketball than I know despite the fact that I'm closing in on living here for 45 years.

I like that he is basically the only one in on his own joke. Sometimes I'll have to look up his ridiculous references and I end up learning something in any of a variety of topics.

Yup. He spent a LONG time as an NBA assistant. Good to see him get the head coaching gig at his alma mater. Don't know where this team came from....but they've been looking good.

Mr. Ewing knows his way around the month of March

But Fleck can get multiple guys enrolled who are on NCAA mandated "Academic Redshirts", because they didn't meet the minimum DI requirement to be eligible right away??

(eg, Itayvion Brown)

Stop it with this silly nonsense.

lol

There are times, last night especially, that I really enjoy listening to him and I spend the game having a few well placed giggles.

There are some other times though that he will ignore the game a little too much. There may not be a better announcer for a blowout uncompetitive game and then his obscure references and playful bickering with Dave Pasch keep me watching. But there have been a few games when Pasch has to work to too hard to get him to talk about what is going on in the game.

The truth is that Pitino slow played Wright because he wanted Washington.

Is that actually true? That Wright wanted to commit and Pitino kept him at bay because he wanted Washington?

lol
In person, he's a must to avoid because he will give you a box-set of The Grateful Dead. ugh!

Yes, I did. I guess that is some consolation but not nearly enough. Pitino's problem wasn't the fact that the team faltered after injuries. The problem was that the team lost 8 of its last 9. Seeing that kind of slide again was just one too many of those in 8 years.

There has been a lot of great games in these conference tournaments. LSU Bama has been another good one.

Yes, I did. I guess that is some consolation but not nearly enough. Pitino's problem wasn't the fact that the team faltered after injuries. The problem was that the team lost 8 of its last 9. Seeing that kind of slide again was just one too many of those in 8 years.
Yeah. People forget we were 6-7 with zero road wins before injuries struck.
We wouldn’t have lost them all but I’m not going to pretend we were going to go 13-7 or 12-8.

If 10-10 or 9-11 is one of our good years....what are we doing

Is that actually true? That Wright wanted to commit and Pitino kept him at bay because he wanted Washington?
Or maybe that he told Washington if he didn’t commit, we’d take Wright instead or something. I know the staff identified Washington pretty early on as someone they wanted. I think we offered Washington in his sophomore year of high school, probably before offering Wright.

Some concrete evidence that Wright couldn't get in here would be nice. Otherwise it really sounds like people trying to pretend it wasn't just another Pitino miss.

The evidence that Minnesota is vastly superior to Colorado academically is hard to pin down.
You want like a written affidavit or maybe a denial letter from the U of M admissions office because that isn’t going to pop up on GH.
All I’ve said the entire time is I was told that by a coach of his. Maybe he needed to retake the ACTs or provide more evidence. It happens fairly often with students and athletes. Could be he was borderline grade wise and needed to submit some test scores? Who knows. I didn’t pry. Wasn’t really sure why he answered my so truthfully but I’m not the guy. Maybe his coach lied to me for some reason.

Wouldn’t want to see St Bonaventure in the tourney if I’m a high seed. Like really don’t want to mess with them. Pretty damn complete team.

The story I read was that Wright was basically given some assurance that the spot was his but had a visit to Dayton already planned. I think Washington came on a supposedly unplanned visit right after Wrights and gave his commitment.

The story I read was that Wright was basically given some assurance that the spot was his but had a visit to Dayton already planned. I think Washington came on a supposedly unplanned visit right after Wrights and gave his commitment.

So Wright COULD have committed if he had wanted.

You want like a written affidavit or maybe a denial letter from the U of M admissions office because that isn’t going to pop up on GH.
All I’ve said the entire time is I was told that by a coach of his. Maybe he needed to retake the ACTs or provide more evidence. It happens fairly often with students and athletes. Could be he was borderline grade wise and needed to submit some test scores? Who knows. I didn’t pry. Wasn’t really sure why he answered my so truthfully but I’m not the guy. Maybe his coach lied to me for some reason.

I have never said you were lying and my response was to someone else actually who was stating it as fact.

I guess I am looking more for some proof that Colorado can get guys in that we can't.

Top Bottom