Who is Everyones Other Team?

1. UNLV
2. Luther College- they have been "1983 Gopher-bad" recently...

Lot of Navy grads in the family so I always root for them. Although they’re also typically boring and not very good. Montana is fun to right for too, and I have plenty of friends who go there.
Montana vs Montana st is an awesome experience!

I don’t really have a team I follow closely other than the U but when I’ve lived in certain places, I’ll somewhat follow the local teams unless their fans are incredibly annoying.

I kind of follow UT now. I followed Pitt a bit when I lived there abd I follow Montana State. When I say I “follow” them, I don’t mean that I have any real connection.

There is no other team! I will follow my daughters boyfriends Minnesota Duluth sqaud though

FSU. I lived in student/family housing in Tallahassee as a little kid when my dad was attending FSU. Born a Gopher, raised a Gopher, but I have a connection to FSU.

Seems like I'm not the only one who's been a (secondary) Washington fan for a while. I also adopted Georgia Tech as a secondary team 15 years ago or so.....being as one of my favorite players of all time (Calvin Johnson) went there.....and they were (at the time) the only P5 team running a triple option.

Live in Seattle now, so Washington has become my second team

Lets face it. The Gophers are tough to root for. They are tough to watch. the game is pretty boring, and they are not in the hunt the majority of the time. It will only get worse with the addtions to our conference. So who is everyone elses team they root for? Everyone has a backup team to go to to get some positiviity in their life.
Tulane!!!!

One of my kids went to St. Thomas so I guess it's them.

It changes for me, but Oregon is fun to watch.
NIL and the portal don’t really bother me, but conferences realignment does. I’ll follow the Gophers closely for eternity no matter what changes come. But I’ve always enjoyed latching on to a few teams from other conferences due to style of play or an exciting player. And if you live in the Midwest it’s fun to follow a west coast team for those late games

South Dakota Coyotes. Grew up in Vermillion. Did beat the Bison in Fargo this year. We only beat once every 7-8yrs. Play off win was unlikely.

Don't really have a second team. I have friends and family who played for NDSU. Ill check the score and see if they win. I haven't been to the Fargodome for a game in 20 years though. Watching a 45-7 blowout vs Maine isn't interesting.

Don't really have a second team. I have friends and family who played for NDSU. Ill check the score and see if they win. I haven't been to the Fargodome for a game in 20 years though. Watching a 45-7 blowout vs Maine isn't interesting.
Very true, and I'll go one step further and say that indoor football isn't interesting. I hate it. I realize I'm in the minority, but I have zero interest.

The Gophers are my other team, with regards to overall football. Started following them when I started my grad degree here.

The Vikings have always been my primary team.

I love pain.

There's like, what maybe 10 programs left in that division that even have a chance of beating NDSU or SDSU now? No point in paying attention to them outside any matchups with those teams.

Notre Dame because my wife and her family are big fans. It's not fun house on a weekend both the Gophers and ND lose.

I used to love the Nebraska teams in the Devaney/Osborne era. Some really great squads. Only follow the Gophers and my alma mater's Augsburg Auggies these days. I still enjoy watching games and find it much more relaxing when I can simply sit back. I will admit that I have a bit of schadenfreude when certain teams lose.

Top Bottom