Super Bowl Taylor Swift-Travis Kelce Coverage Meltdown

It's called a celebrity relationship. What is too public or not organic enough? Relationships are different for everyone. It's a great story and a possible great train wreck. "Enjoy the season!"
From the makers of "Love and Basketball",..."Love and Football".

Is Taylor Swift a former Gophers football player or something?
Everyone is waiting for spring football practices.
giphy.gif

Yeah, wasn't accusing you of buying into the scripted BS, you seem way too level headed for that.

As for their relationship.....who knows....people are wired to be cynical and think the worst and assume it is all some PR stunt. My only thought on that is that neither of them really gains a whole lot by pretending to be in a relationship. Kelce was already a star player in the NFL and a sure fire hall of famer with all kinds of potential career options after his playing days end, and Swift was already a megastar with a massive fanbase before they became a thing. But whatever.....people will believe what they want to believe....maybe it is real, maybe it is fake.....

Yeah I'm not sure if it is scripted and I don't really care. What I do know is I'm unlikely to watch the SB because I don't care to see her every 2.5 seconds. And I even like her music, but it takes away from the game for me. So they'll lose people to that, but I'm sure they'll gain 40 million swiftie fans who could care less about the SB. If she pops out at halftime, then I'll start guessing its all scripted.

Yeah I'm not sure if it is scripted and I don't really care. What I do know is I'm unlikely to watch the SB because I don't care to see her every 2.5 seconds. And I even like her music, but it takes away from the game for me. So they'll lose people to that, but I'm sure they'll gain 40 million swiftie fans who could care less about the SB. If she pops out at halftime, then I'll start guessing its all scripted.
She doesn’t need their $ to perform and they likely can’t afford her; SB acts generally are past their apex of popularity

You won't watch the SB because the network will cut to Taylor Swift a few times??

Yeah, I get a bit nauseated by the over-the-top media coverage and am not a fan of her music at all, but I totally respect her drive and toughness. This chick started writing music and performing at a very young age, built a huge catalog, and made it to the top of the industry with what seems like a limited voice per my ear. To make it better, she gave the Soros family a big “f’ck you” when they bought her catalog out from under her for hundreds of millions $$. She went out and re-recorded every single song and undercut them. I respect that.

Someone talking shit about my girl tay tay!?!?!?

Last edited:

Yeah, the fake ones.

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce have both dated people that didn't start like this relationship. This has to be the most public start of a relationship of any two celebrities that I've ever seen. He asks her out on his podcast, she shows up to the most televised event in the country that week and takes center stage, they then leak photos of them going to a post party. They continue to stay in the public eye as much as possible while continuing to leak photos and info to all the gossip rags.

For me, it's really not a great story, it's boring.
It would be if it didn't annoy the hell out of a bunch of fragile people who just can't handle it for whatever reason. Like TS is the first relationship that the the TV announcers have exploited for storylines in games.

If it wasn't for a bunch of fragile men crying no one would even talk about it. But they do and it is hilarious to watch!

And I really don't care for Swift or Kelce, but watching people froth at the mouth over it every week is much more entertaining than football ever was!

Did you watch the SB when Kurt Warner's wife was shown every time he completed a pass?

I think it’s awesome. Even better for Travis if he can manage to knock her up. Would be like when Chapple got Ophrah pregnant

The NFL is so ... homogenized, heavily marketed in such corny ways, and NFL / sports 'news' is so similar to celebrity gossip ... that I find it interesting that to some people tay tay coverage is a bit too much for them.

It's like complaining that the whipped cream on top of your massive ice cream Sunday is making it unhealthy or something ...

She doesn’t need their $ to perform and they likely can’t afford her; SB acts generally are past their apex of popularity
I don't believe the halftime performers are paid. Rather a preview of what a whole show could be all about in your area in the future if interested.

I don't believe the halftime performers are paid. Rather a preview of what a whole show could be all about in your area in the future if interested.
I just checked ✔️ and they are paid a nominal amount, but my point is still valid - they generally aren’t at their apex.
I’m a retired hip hop head and Usher isn’t selling out sports arenas last time I checked and she does sell out everywhere at this point, so she doesn’t need it for her career - both can be correct.

It would be if it didn't annoy the hell out of a bunch of fragile people who just can't handle it for whatever reason. Like TS is the first relationship that the the TV announcers have exploited for storylines in games.

If it wasn't for a bunch of fragile men crying no one would even talk about it. But they do and it is hilarious to watch!

And I really don't care for Swift or Kelce, but watching people froth at the mouth over it every week is much more entertaining than football ever was!
Supermodel-Tom-Brady-Wife.jpg

What you said.

I just checked ✔️ and they are paid a nominal amount, but my point is still valid - they generally aren’t at their apex.
I’m a retired hip hop head and Usher isn’t selling out sports arenas last time I checked and she does sell out everywhere at this point, so she doesn’t need it for her career - both can be correct.
:unsure:...:ROFLMAO:

Remember when they never showed Jessica Simpson or Carrie Underwood when they dated Tony Romo?

Sports is entertainment and all parts of it are entertainment..

How often does Matthew McConaughey get shown during Texas games? Heck they let him in the coaching box.

X/Twitter has just become a live version of how extreme can you be in your thoughts and try to be like ESPN's 1st Take where you have to have opposing positions.

Honestly I think a lot of this still stems from how overboard the NFL went when the relationship first went public.....they have dialed it back quite a bit in terms of the amount of times they cut to Taylor now.....but those first games it was constant.

I agree with those that think it is funny how worked up people are getting about this whole thing. They show famous people at games all the time and love her or hate her Taylor Swift is a megastar and one of the biggest acts out there right now.

Top Bottom