Reality

Carr isn’t better than Trice. Scoring nearly identical and Trice is steady and calm.
Potter is as good as Robbins at this point.
I love our players; you don't. Agree to disagree.

He has won it without them, or so I have been told.......
No one would even have to tell you if you had watched last year. He is a far superior coach than our guy. We would never play Wahl here but Gard knows his value to his team.

No one would even have to tell you if you had watched last year. He is a far superior coach than our guy. We would never play Wahl here but Gard knows his value to his team.
Ive watched and attended for 5 decades. Religiously. I watched last year, and the year before. In fact, all the years WI won the conference title.

I'm on record that RP should have been replaced Spring 2020. And that was too long, as I wanted so badly for him to be the guy here.

I don’t think as highly of Carr as the rest of you do. He’s made some big shots and he can score it but I don’t think he’s truly a winner. His defense is lazy and he’s counting his points like an eighth grader. He chases his average. I would not like playing with a guy like that. I want my players to put winning at the forefront and share the ball with fluidity. Just my two cents

Ive watched and attended for 5 decades. Religiously. I watched last year, and the year before. In fact, all the years WI won the conference title.

I'm on record that RP should have been replaced Spring 2020. And that was too long, as I wanted so badly for him to be the guy here.
Understand. Not having a great coach sucks. Very few great coaches and really difficult to hire them.

I don’t think as highly of Carr as the rest of you do. He’s made some big shots and he can score it but I don’t think he’s truly a winner. His defense is lazy and he’s counting his points like an eighth grader. He chases his average. I would not like playing with a guy like that. I want my players to put winning at the forefront and share the ball with fluidity. Just my two cents
This.

When Carr does this, the offense is much better. It is blatant.

This.

When Carr does this, the offense is much better. It is blatant.
It’s so clear to see and sometimes when he is off the floor... guess what the ball moves and someone gets a clear look. He’s so laser focused on trying to get himself a shot. I wish he would let the game come to him more... and play some defense. Bohannon got into the lane whenever he wanted.

It’s so clear to see and sometimes when he is off the floor... guess what the ball moves and someone gets a clear look. He’s so laser focused on trying to get himself a shot. I wish he would let the game come to him more... and play some defense. Bohannon got into the lane whenever he wanted.
Granted, Iowa is not a stellar D team. It was very obvious today......

It is like defense is optional when it needs to be a requirement.

It is like defense is optional when it needs to be a requirement.
Exactly built, championship level programs ingrain toughness and intensity on the defensive end of the floor because effort is a controllable factor. On this end it should be a given. Some nights the shots don’t fall and that’s okay.

Something isn’t right within the framework of our program and I’m ready to give someone else a crack at it. I want a tough team that doesn’t roll over and just take it

In any BB game there are whole games or large parts of games when the shots are not going in.
At WI it seems you do not play unless you can play intense and persistent defense in practice and then in the game.
If a team plays excellent defense they can stay in a game until the shots start to fall.
Pitino seemingly has reached a plateau in recruiting, developing players and winning games in a very tough conference.
If he does not make the NCAA the MN AD has a decision to make.
And yes, the team plays better team offense when Carr is not on the floor.
Gard would bench Carr until he learns that and plays defense.

BB BBBB BBB bench CC ccarrrr?

He won't even bench Gabe!

Never gonna happen!

You loving them doesn't make them better. Good grief.
So true. Same as fans thinking Pitino is funny, wanting him to succeed has nothing to do with him actually succeeding, except perhaps gifting more money to help the program because they like him. believe media have tried that from day one and still stand behind him.

So true. Same as fans thinking Pitino is funny, wanting him to succeed has nothing to do with him actually succeeding, except perhaps gifting more money to help the program because they like him. believe media have tried that from day one and still stand behind him.
Of course wanting him to succeed has nothing to do with the results. You really think this needs to be stated?

btw - he appears to be a great guy, and funny as well.

Of course wanting him to succeed has nothing to do with the results. You really think this needs to be stated?

btw - he appears to be a great guy, and funny as well.
A example of how fans let what they want influence their view of results. The next step is to inflate accomplishments, make excuses for losses. Just the nature of fans. As for great guy and funny, to each their own.

A example of how fans let what they want influence their view of results. The next step is to inflate accomplishments, make excuses for losses. Just the nature of fans. As for great guy and funny, to each their own.
So, I guess you dont think he is a great guy. That assessment must be based on your one on one interactions. What dont you like about RP?

Note - I said "appeared"

Nor funny.

So, I guess you dont think he is a great guy. That assessment must be based on your one on one interactions. What dont you like about RP?

Note - I said "appeared"

Nor funny.
Seems like a nice guy. Thoughtfull and reasonably well spoken. Probably do not put much value in twitter and that is on me. I prefer coaches that do not tweet, personal preference.

Seems like a nice guy. Thoughtfull and reasonably well spoken. Probably do not put much value in twitter and that is on me. I prefer coaches that do not tweet, personal preference.
"As for great guy and funny, to each their own."

Count me as confused by your responses. They do not match. Care to clarify?

"As for great guy and funny, to each their own."

Count me as confused by your responses. They do not match. Care to clarify?
Just because a person is a nice guy does not mean I find him funny. My own gripe is how he went about building the program and the poor performance.

Just because a person is a nice guy does not mean I find him funny. My own gripe is how he went about building the program and the poor performance.
Agreed. And being a nice guy had nothing to do with being successful at his job. Appears you are not separating the two. Interesting.

Bo is a far superior coach. Gard has just kept his program going. Make no mistake about that. Without Bo Ryan, he wouldn't have ever had this success he has IMO.

In any BB game there are whole games or large parts of games when the shots are not going in.
At WI it seems you do not play unless you can play intense and persistent defense in practice and then in the game.
If a team plays excellent defense they can stay in a game until the shots start to fall.
Pitino seemingly has reached a plateau in recruiting, developing players and winning games in a very tough conference.
If he does not make the NCAA the MN AD has a decision to make.
And yes, the team plays better team offense when Carr is not on the floor.
Gard would bench Carr until he learns that and plays defense.

Wisconsin also recruits shooters. We really don't. Guys with little athleticsm, but lots of heart that will pour everything they have into the defensive end, then when a good shot presents itself within the flow of the offense, they knock it down.

Top Bottom