Quarterback

How about offering Leavitt from Sparty or Brad Johnson’s kid out of Texas A&M? Maybe the kid from Kansas State. AIM high, offer starting position in The Big. We have Jackson and Brockington back to throw to and hopefully one of the best running backs in the Big in Darius lined up behind you along with what should be a decent line!

How about offering Leavitt from Sparty or Brad Johnson’s kid out of Texas A&M? Maybe the kid from Kansas State. AIM high, offer starting position in The Big. We have Jackson and Brockington back to throw to and hopefully one of the best running backs in the Big in Darius lined up behind you along with what should be a decent line!
I'm a way I don't disagree, it would be nice to have a guy who's at least practiced with players who play at the speed of the P5 level. That being said, a developed guy with a lot of in game success and confidence coming from the FCS wouldn't seem like that much of a drop off. You can't teach confidence, you either have it or you don't. If you don't, you develop it or stay stagnant. I bet Brosmer adapts well to bigger college football wherever he ends up.

I'm a way I don't disagree, it would be nice to have a guy who's at least practiced with players who play at the speed of the P5 level. That being said, a developed guy with a lot of in game success and confidence coming from the FCS wouldn't seem like that much of a drop off. You can't teach confidence, you either have it or you don't. If you don't, you develop it or stay stagnant. I bet Brosmer adapts well to bigger college football wherever he ends up.

I agree. I want a guy who run the offense and can make the routine plays most every time. Don't try to be Mahomes. Just execute.

7zw2jzv.gif

Seriously though I'm sure there's a limit on offers as far as "can't get anyone if they think you're seriously bringing in 10 guys...." kinda conundrum... but I'm down with everyone.

7zw2jzv.gif

Seriously though I'm sure there's a limit on offers as far as "can't get anyone if they think you're seriously bringing in 10 guys...." kinda conundrum... but I'm down with everyone.
We can right the ship quickly with solid QB play, PJ needs to get one of the several good QBs in the portal. Vikings and Gophers demonstrate you can’t win without a bonified gunslinger. This should be priority no
1. Then keeping Darius

If you think Lindsey can come in and start and be successful next year you are absolutely out of your mind.

What if.....

And this is completely random thinking here 😉, but what if PJ as a "tough conversation" with AK in December and he transfers ??? We get a transfer portal QB to fill the season(s) before the Arkansas star QB takes over ?

A guy can dream can't he ;).
😉

Could we please get a QB that can accurately throw a crossing pattern?

What IF this PWO QB Schweniak left on our roster is actually decent?! No one can even say or spell his name (first time read about him just 10 mins ago, didn’t even know that he was on our roster) but I say PJ should play him A LOT in our toilet bowl game?!

Would love to see a true dual threat QB here. Ability to run and escape pressure is invaluable, especially if your o-line is not littered with future pros.

What IF this PWO QB Schweniak left on our roster is actually decent?! No one can even say or spell his name (first time read about him just 10 mins ago, didn’t even know that he was on our roster) but I say PJ should play him A LOT in our toilet bowl game?!
You must be a youngster. Gopher fans in their 40s (okay, maybe late 40s) know that it is Shikenjanski ("shick-en-jan-ski") and that his dad was a bouncer at Bullwinkle's.

I’m ordering my jersey now!

Dunno, prob practice injury. Check out Redbirds forums for more details but they prob don’t know either. We don’t hear many details on nature of injuries…
Found this via Google...

While Spack refuses to rule out the possibility of quarterback Zack Annexstad playing Saturday, it appears Tommy Rittenhouse will make his second start of the season Saturday.

Annexstad suffered a knee injury late in the Redbirds’ Nov. 4 overtime win at Missouri State. Rittenhouse completed 14 of 23 passes for 165 yards in last week’s 44-7 thrashing of Murray State.

https://pantagraph.com/sports/colle...cle_dbc28e38-84ad-11ee-b20f-a71a978c9431.html

In 2023, every team in the B1G West had a transfer QB (some 2) on the roster except the Gophs.
Portal Transfer QBs in the Big Ten West place the Gophers in an instant QB talent deficit.

AK was no match to many of the experienced transfer QBs. Recruits fresh out of HS are still important. AK needed a QB whisperer who wasn't there.

The Gophers got caught in a perfect storm with an inexperienced OC, the absence of good QB coaching, and the growing talent deficit.

It will only get worse unless they make some drastic changes and adjustments.

Top Bottom