Quarterback

People are clueless and it’s a struggle to see comments in social media or hear people’s lack of knowledge on the radio.

“Fleck is so restrictive”. “Pass the ball more”.

IMO the QB just wasn’t what they had hoped and they are seeking replacements. The new OC now has his own vision in a QB and AK doesn’t fit or is running from competition.

We threw the ball the most this year since 2019. 2019 will end up being about equal to this year in passes. The formula has won 11, 9,&,9 games before this season.

Morgan completed 66% in 19. 60% in 21

2022 was 67 % for Morgan and 54% AK

2023 was 53% for AK.

it’s so simple to see the issue and hopefully keeping continuity in staff, fewer injuries and playing complimentary football will be back in 2024.

Maybe - but he doesn’t have any other P5 offers besides MN.
There's no reason to think that this staff has somehow found a real sleeper at QB in this kid. While it's possible we've got a real QB in this kid, it's more probable we have another AK. PJ's track record gives me no confidence in his ability to identify and develop QB talent.

People are clueless and it’s a struggle to see comments in social media or hear people’s lack of knowledge on the radio.

“Fleck is so restrictive”. “Pass the ball more”.

IMO the QB just wasn’t what they had hoped and they are seeking replacements. The new OC now has his own vision in a QB and AK doesn’t fit or is running from competition.

We threw the ball the most this year since 2019. 2019 will end up being about equal to this year in passes. The formula has won 11, 9,&,9 games before this season.

Morgan completed 66% in 19. 60% in 21

2022 was 67 % for Morgan and 54% AK

2023 was 53% for AK.

it’s so simple to see the issue and hopefully keeping continuity in staff, fewer injuries and playing complimentary football will be back in 2024.

I'm reminded of the Vikings game I went to long long ago at the dome. Some lady was pretty drunk sitting behind us yelling "Just throw the ball to Moss!!!" over and over. Often while we were on defense....

The offensive play calling in the Wisconsin game was compromised IMO, but IMO it was really clear that it was not because the coaches thought they were the ideal plays to make, but because they were desperately trying to find plays AK could make.

Players make plays, and their ability to make plays dictates the plays called.

KC said it when he was here. I think it was Indiana game when they threw a bomb to win it. Asked about it later KC said he wouldn't call that play if he didn't think they could make it / have shown they can make it. Straight up game winning play call and KC said he would not have called it if they hadn't shown they could do it before. Now think of what plays you know our quarterback this year can make... :(

We saw the run game even evolve over time this year, less up the middle, more lateral as the year went on and depending on the game. Sadly as the year went on teams figured out they could play the run / pressure without consequence (passing game didn't make them pay) so the run game even suffered, but we saw that evolve based on what the players could do.

Passing game, just no matter what couldn't get the job done enough to call better plays.

So many QBs from Power 5 schools in the portal! Wow

Duke’s QB just added his name into the fun

So many QBs from Power 5 schools in the portal! Wow

Duke’s QB just added his name into the fun

Yep.

There must be a lot of coaches out there who run offenses that aren't "QB-friendly", I guess.

Now, the few teams who play "QB-friendly" offenses will each end up with 10-12 top-notch QBs, competing for playing time, while teams like Minnesota (very "QB-unfriendly") will be S.O.L.

Sigh.

We need better quarterback play.

We had at least two wins available with better QB play this year, and I’d argue more were possible with nothing more than better play at QB.

Two more wins, three more …. this year looks much different.
Just need to buy a quarterback. This is the new college game. Sucks

@XMan though it is often the punchline of jokes (deservedly so), Roadhouse is an outstanding movie.

Top Bottom