***OFFICIAL wisconsin AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Two home B1G games we've now pissed away. You can't lose to your rivals at home, you just can't. And to top it off 2/3 of the arena were Badger fans. I'm at a loss for words and where was JOJ? He could have taken any Wisky defender off the dribble....did it one time, scored and that was the last of him.

What does have to do with the discussion of this game?
Absolutely nothing other than that it was on the same channel right after. First few minutes of NCAAWB I’ve watched in years.

I did get a kick out Caitlin Clark’s very strange flop after the OSU court storming today though!

I liked all 6 points we've scored this half.
Fortunately that was 6 points for a quarter and not a half. For shits n giggles I watched a few minutes. Lotsa clunks off of the rims. I don't think that you could fill a Taco Bell with the number of fans in the stands behind the Badger bench tonight. Really sad and pathetic.

Last edited:

Att: 10,013

Official box score:

5 minutes for Ola-Joseph, all in 1st half...
Timeline: Ihnen was subbed out with 7:30 left in 1st half, Ola-Joseph had a turnover at 7:19, Ihnen gets subbed in for Ola-Joseph at 7:16 (next dead ball) . as far as I can tell, last we see of Ola-Joseph.

I'm not involved...but something would seem to be wrong
Team is an embarrassment. Idont know what happened. Looked good in December. Last 3 games, they regressed to last year.

The refs were horrid. Wisconsin constantly was playing physical with us and the same thingon the other end we would get called for. Tyler Wahl banged into Payne down on the blocks 3 straight times on one possession and they refused to call a charge on him, then he wheels and scores.

But poor coaching and free throw shooting lost the game for us. Ben never posts Payne up deep and we simply do not reverse the ball on offense to move the defense. We are just super easy to defend. We go 7-10 in the second half from 3 point range but that's fools gold. Good effort by the players though.

The refs were horrid. Wisconsin constantly was playing physical with us and the same thingon the other end we would get called for. Tyler Wahl banged into Payne down on the blocks 3 straight times on one possession and they refused to call a charge on him, then he wheels and scores.

But poor coaching and free throw shooting lost the game for us. Ben never posts Payne up deep and we simply do not reverse the ball on offense to move the defense. We are just super easy to defend. We go 7-10 in the second half from 3 point range but that's fools gold. Good effort by the players though.
Payne got plenty of post touches he's just horrid at finishing (free throws and post shots). He shot 30% from the field and 0% of those were outside 2 feet.

About a week ago the team was 280th in the country in FT%. Before today's games, they were down to 289th. After this abysmal showing, it looks like they'll drop down close to 300th. Just yikes. They win that game if they don't absolutely suck at free throws.

CBJ is 0-9 against Iowa/Wisconsin, among his many other feats. Why some posters want this team to stink and keep on trotting out this crap is beyond me.

Officials were not a problem tonight. Consistent throughout in my opinion. They let them play. The banging is allowed and not called unless they lower shoulder or displace to an advantage. It’s frustrating to watch.

Officials were not a problem tonight. Consistent throughout in my opinion. They let them play. The banging is allowed and not called unless they lower shoulder or displace to an advantage. It’s frustrating to watch.
Agreed. Not perfect but not a problem and certainly not THE problem. That's just a red herring to distract from the faulty tactics and execution that lost us the game.

The refs were horrid. Wisconsin constantly was playing physical with us and the same thingon the other end we would get called for.
Isn't that every game against Wisconsin for 25 years? At a certain point it's on you for not adjusting to it.

Payne got plenty of post touches he's just horrid at finishing (free throws and post shots). He shot 30% from the field and 0% of those were outside 2 feet.
He got his touches at 15 feet. Ben has him attempting to drive to the hole. Get him posted up down low. If they can't get the ball to him, let him clean up the loose change. He'd get 12 boards a night sitting down low. Instead they have him getting the ball up top and the defense has all day to prepare for him, by the time he gets to the bucket there's three guys there.

Look where Wahl was getting the ball after Wisconsin got us moving around. Right on the blocks, which is why he was 6 for 7.

Our post game from angles, passing, to moves is like pulling teeth to watch. Garcia will make a great move but often has to gather allowing the defense to recover. For a lefty he can’t use it as an advantage enough. We work so hard to get looks.

Huge difference in tactics between the two teams. With 30.0 left and down by one, Gard went fast (and toward the basket), lengthening the game. Down one with a handful of seconds left, the Gophers dicked around on the perimeter for a few seconds, essentially shortening the game. Stuff like that is the difference in games like this.
Taking the last TO was stupid. Go fast since whatever "play" was drawn up never had a chance of working.

He got his touches at 15 feet. Ben has him attempting to drive to the hole. Get him posted up down low. If they can't get the ball to him, let him clean up the loose change. He'd get 12 boards a night sitting down low. Instead they have him getting the ball up top and the defense has all day to prepare for him, by the time he gets to the bucket there's three guys there.

Look where Wahl was getting the ball after Wisconsin got us moving around. Right on the blocks, which is why he was 6 for 7.
I'm convinced you didn't watch the game with that comment. Wahl takes 15 dribbles from 15 feet and that's how he scores 90% of his points. Gophers decided not to front or double him.

Other than Payne, the rest of the team is all finesse. Especially the guards. Not built for big ten.

Top Bottom