***OFFICIAL wisconsin AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Terrible execution down the stretch. Jesus. Totality wasted our best 3 point shooting night of the year.

Huge difference in tactics between the two teams. With 30.0 left and down by one, Gard went fast (and toward the basket), lengthening the game. Down one with a handful of seconds left, the Gophers dicked around on the perimeter for a few seconds, essentially shortening the game. Stuff like that is the difference in games like this.

This was admittedly the first game I have watched more than 10+ minutes of all season and I was surprised at the talent level of our team honestly. Unfortunately, that's an indictment on our coaching...
This is a fun team, win or lose they’re competing every game… I don’t make the decisions on Ben but I’ll keep cheering them on and leaving the indicting to someone else. Now fix the first halves!

You CANNOT shoot free throws that poorly, year in and year out. How in the hell is this not addressed? It is not like it's been improving. It has been steadily declining. Shoot even a modest 65% and this is a win.

It is inexcusable.

If you're coaching for your job that's a pretty good indication you shouldn't have that job.

Posters on a message board who (rightfully) have no say in the decision saying that Johnson should be coaching for his job on Saturday means nothing

Losers find epic ways to lose.

The plays we came out with after timeouts were beyond pathetic. Our best free throw shooters absolutely choke with a chance to put it away.

Huge difference in tactics between the two teams. With 30.0 left and down by one, Gard went fast (and toward the basket), lengthening the game. Down one with a handful of seconds left, the Gophers dicked around on the perimeter for a few seconds, essentially shortening the game. Stuff like that is the difference in games like this.
+100

Losers find epic ways to lose.

The plays we came out with after timeouts were beyond pathetic. Our best free throw shooters absolutely choke with a chance to put it away.
I agree with this. Losers find a way to lose. Winners find a way to win.

We are losers at this point.

When you hired Ben, you weren't hiring a guy that had won.

If "quitting on my team" means "watching the same exact thing happen for the last 20 years," then I guess I'm guilty.

Shove off.
Thank you 😊

I’ll do you a favor and put you and your negativity in my rearview by ignoring you.

Right.

If Saturday was make or break for him he'd already be gone.
Probably. But it's the midpoint of the season and they have a week off after. If you're going to make a move, that's when you do it. It literally happened yesterday at another Power 6 school, let's not act like it can't be done.

Minnesota is comfortable with losing. It's the culture. Wisconsin has a much higher level of expectation when it comes to sports and winning. Milwaukee Bucks fired their coach today because he was too soft on defense. The Bucks are 30-13 and in first place.

Not going 5 for 13 free throws?

Yep. We come out of a timeout on offense and step out of bounds on the sideline by our bench.
WI has a play set up for an open 3 and their best shooter knocks it down
On free throws, which were horrific........when Garcia missed his and then Carrington missed one of his, I couldn't help but think we would foul Wisconsin and they'd naturally hit both. Payne commits a brutal foul and sure as schit. Then we foul Wahl, and sure as schit.

Maybe it's time to join the MAC. Every single one of us knew we'd f--- this up at the end. Bucky would just wait for us to screw it up like they always do.

Top Bottom