***OFFICIAL uw-GREEN BAY AT MINNESOTA EARLY START TIME IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I like teams that have the ability and intelligence to make adjustments at halftime and see the players put those adjustments into practice on the court.

But, I have to give Green Bay some credit. scrappy outfit - made some tough shots. If they had a better big man and 1 guy who could consistently make a 3-pointer, that would be a nice team.

They put Sutherlin on him, much tougher for him to get to the basket. Willis is on someone else. Small change by Ben is paying dividends.
They gave up 2 less points in the half. I missed most of the first half but seems like Green Bay is who we thought they were. Luckily we didn’t let them off the hook.

That bad replay at half is a bad beat....
Just saw the replay. To overturn that was horseshit. Based on the video/still motion quality, you could almost say there was separation (darkness from the background between the finger and the ball) at 0.0. With that said, if they would have called it no good on the court I wouldn't have overturned that. Either way, overturning whatever call they initially made was wrong.

I would limit all replays to 10 seconds. If it's not obvious, the call stands.
agree with this. The longer the call takes to be made speaks for itself in decreasing the possibility it could be based off indisputable evidence. Would probably bump to 30 with under 2 min left in games or for playoff/tournament games.

My favorite play of the game was with three minutes left and up eight, I think, Sutherlin drove baseline and instead of forcing anything he kicked out to Battle for the dagger 3. Makes me feel good about the coaching he likely received from last game and his adjustment. Fun game to watch.
These guys are very unselfish and really understand their roles. Like Sutherlin understands his strength is creating and getting to the rim.

At some point in the first half I was thinking I hope this isn’t the basketball team’s Bowling Green. Glad to see they were able to ratchet up their game in the second half.

Last edited:

I didn't get to thr game until 4 min left. We called a timeout, and ran an out of bounds play to get Battle an open 3. It's a small thing but honestly not sure when we last had a coach who could do that! Good game!

Fun post game interview with Curry about his 1st double-double and also his friendship with Tyler Johnson
Raise your hand if you thought Curry would have a double double this season. I love the kid, but not me. I don’t hate his mid range Js anymore. He’s solid.

Liked that the Gophers scored a couple of times coming out of timeouts on plays that CBJ had obviously drawn up. Green Bay not a bad club, although not much of a threat beyond the arc. Gophers did a good job of keeping them out of the paint in the second half. I hadn't seen the graphic of the preseason BIG voting before, the graphic which showed that 25 people picked the Gophers to finish last in the BIG, 2 picked them for 13th, and 1 picked them for 12th..the highest anyone picked them. I can't mock any of these picks, as I did the same, but I have a feeling that I might be asking for tips on the best way to cook crow before the season's over.

Raise your hand if you thought Curry would have a double double this season. I love the kid, but not me. I don’t hate his mid range Js anymore. He’s solid.
He seems to be playing a little better each game and developing more confidence in his shot. Good to see. I hope that continues. I would like to see him play stronger at the basket. There was one play he could have dunked it but chose to do a layup instead which if I remember correctly he missed.

They gave up 2 less points in the half. I missed most of the first half but seems like Green Bay is who we thought they were. Luckily we didn’t let them off the hook.
What I liked is that Ben made the switch and the little guy didn’t get to the hoop all second half. Yes they scored about the same but he didn’t get the layups he had in the first half. Plus I loved that he recognized Willis was getting eaten alive and it was affecting his offensive game. The switch was made and Willis flourished in the second half not having to work so hard on defense against their point guard. Simple adjustments that weren’t made by our previous coach. I’m impressed with Ben and the others on staff. Good defense, take care of the ball, and shoot it well, all key parts to winning basketball,

Saw Nolan Winter as well. He has been at almost every game. I like seeing who is there for recruits.

Tweet from Doogie today:

Lakeville North junior Nolan Winter, Trevor's son, also expected to be at today's game. #Gophers in a good spot with Chatman and Winter. Just a reminder that this staff will continue to be maniacs on the recruiting front. They know what they're doing and the work ethic is there.

What I liked is that Ben made the switch and the little guy didn’t get to the hoop all second half. Yes they scored about the same but he didn’t get the layups he had in the first half. Plus I loved that he recognized Willis was getting eaten alive and it was affecting his offensive game. The switch was made and Willis flourished in the second half not having to work so hard on defense against their point guard. Simple adjustments that weren’t made by our previous coach. I’m impressed with Ben and the others on staff. Good defense, take care of the ball, and shoot it well, all key parts to winning basketball,
I appreciate the analysis. I had my kid solo and he isn’t super in to sitting and watching basketball with me because he is 20 months old

I see in recent article that Taison Chatman out of Totino-Grace had planned to attend tonight's game. I hope he liked what he saw in the second half. As the current projected #1 player in MN 2023 high school class I'm sure he's close to the top of Ben's list.

I see in recent article that Taison Chatman out of Totino-Grace had planned to attend tonight's game. I hope he liked what he saw in the second half. As the current projected #1 player in MN 2023 high school class I'm sure he's close to the top of Ben's list.
Sounds like he attended. Hopefully a good sign.

I appreciate the analysis. I had my kid solo and he isn’t super in to sitting and watching basketball with me because he is 20 months old
I know that well, child #1 was a little older then that when i was at a Tiger/Twins game at Comerica. She had fallen asleep late in the game and I actually caught a foul ball in my Twins cap and it was caught on the fan cam. If my wife had seen how close that ball was to my daughters head.

Top Bottom