***OFFICIAL UW-GB AT MINNESOTA SEASON OPENING IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Woof. Ugly second half, but they pulled it off. Plenty of good things to come out of that game.

Followed the live stats and looks like 7-34 from 3 is a familiar % . We did have PoT 34-9 over GB which is huge. Carr picked up where he left off. Really hope Gabe gets on track this season.

Big Ten Plus got the best of me. I was watching the game on my laptop and had to keep signing in on every break in the second half. Weird. (Maybe it was for the best.)

Carr was Carr. With his new dribble drive game, Gabe is going to be a handful when the 3s start falling. Johnson is going to be a plus. Gach and Robbins need to be better. Ihnen made two 3s but didnt do much else to be noticed. Good to see Curry back. Mashburn couple of slick drives for hoops. Respect for Omersa always fighting for boards.

Really hope Gabe gets on track this season.

Once Pitino gets his rotation set, I hope Gabe doesn't take as many shots. It's ridiculous to see him going 6 for 17 after the terrible shooting year (particularly in conference) that he had last year. Move the ball and use the lineup. Carr is different because he can do it on his own.

This play by play guy is so much better than past years for BTN+.
This was my first time watching on BTN+. I was pretty impressed until there was 10 minutes to go in the game and the reception got fuzzy like the camera was out of focus. About 2 minutes to go in the game the reception was sharp again. Anybody else experience this?

This was my first time watching on BTN+. I was pretty impressed until there was 10 minutes to go in the game and the reception got fuzzy like the camera was out of focus. About 2 minutes to go in the game the reception was sharp again. Anybody else experience this?

Mine was fine all the way through.

Mine was fine all the way through.
Thanks, Good to know. Must be something on my end. Xfinity is my internet provider and I was watching the game on a PC monitor with a wireless WiFi connection.

Last edited:

Once Pitino gets his rotation set, I hope Gabe doesn't take as many shots. It's ridiculous to see him going 6 for 17 after the terrible shooting year (particularly in conference) that he had last year. Move the ball and use the lineup. Carr is different because he can do it on his own.
Agree on gabe. There is a fine line between shooting until you get hot and taking bad shots. I’ll pin it on Pitino for now, if gabe continues this trend then his role in the offense needs to be adjusted. In a close game, I don’t want a cold gabe taking 8-10 three pointers until he proves it again.

Agree on gabe. There is a fine line between shooting until you get hot and taking bad shots. I’ll pin it on Pitino for now, if gabe continues this trend then his role in the offense needs to be adjusted. In a close game, I don’t want a cold gabe taking 8-10 three pointers until he proves it again.
Almost impossible as a coach to say: “I believe in you! You’re a great shooter, Gabe.
But, Um for now...maybe pass it to a teammate.”
Gotta ride with em through the valleys or they’ll never believe a word you say.

Last edited:

Gabe lets go too early with his guide (left land) hand. My personal diagnosis. displaces his distance and accuracy.

Gabe lets go too early with his guide (left land) hand. My personal diagnosis. displaces his distance and accuracy.
And I bet he makes 40 some out of 50 in practice. I think it’s mental.

I completely forgot that Omersa was the 152nd ranked player according to 247. 196th composite.

Gotta ride with em through the valleys or they’ll believe a word you say.

And I bet he makes 40 some out of 50 in practice. I think it’s mental.

I bet he makes 45/50 in practice. If you watch games and see still shots of him he has his guide hand well off the ball at the point of release. Hard to gain stability and balance that way. When you're stressed (during games) stability and balance are everything.

Carr was Carr. With his new dribble drive game, Gabe is going to be a handful when the 3s start falling. Johnson is going to be a plus. Gach and Robbins need to be better. Ihnen made two 3s but didnt do much else to be noticed. Good to see Curry back. Mashburn couple of slick drives for hoops. Respect for Omersa always fighting for boards.

Maybe i was watching a different game... what, exactly, did you not like about Gach?

Last edited:

Maybe i was watching a different game... what, exactly, did you not like about Bach?

His game is going to be getting to the rim and didnt think he finished strong against a team with no height. Thought he played weak in general. Nothing from the outside as well. You saw it different?

Maybe i was watching a different game... what, exactly, did you not like about Bach?

I thought Gach was awful defensively on the ball. Offensively this team has tons of potential and is really balanced. Defensively, this team needs some work on being cohesive and consisten. I really like this teams length. Mash is gonna be fun. Great defensively and smart offensively

I had some similar thoughts. Not as worried about Robbins with our other players. I liked Pitinos rotation of adding length on the perimeter when Jarvis was in. Don't see Robbins as a pro yet, but very serviceable.

His game is going to be getting to the rim and didnt think he finished strong against a team with no height. Thought he played weak in general. Nothing from the outside as well. You saw it different?

Saw a guy flashing a lot early with some minutes in his first ever game with a new team. If his performance was 15 games into the season i might be concerned, but i saw enough of what i needed to to think he will be just fine.

Top Bottom