***OFFICIAL UMKC AT MINNESOTA BEN JOHNSON DEBUT IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Kind of disappointed Thompson didn't see the floor. With how impatient and fragile kids are he might be playing for new mexico next year

Missed this… what happened to Daniels?
Didn't see it, but Spence said it was a finger injury. Seems like it may be a broken finger since he never came back in. Not sure if you can play with that or not.

The guys played hard with not let downs . Really nice to see. No one took plays off on the D end unlike last year. Especially Carr.

Great to start with a win! Nice if we had a longer bench...bit of deja vu.

The guys played hard with not let downs . Really nice to see. No one took plays off on the D end unlike last year. Especially Carr.
There were a couple plays all 5 took off on D, but I don't think it was intentional.

Kind of disappointed Thompson didn't see the floor. With how impatient and fragile kids are he might be playing for new mexico next year

Just from HS clips, he really looked like a kid that would need a redshirt year. Really no point in wasting a year of his eligibility in a season where expectations are pretty low.

Just from HS clips, he really looked like a kid that would need a redshirt year. Really no point in wasting a year of his eligibility in a season where expectations are pretty low.
In the transfer era, there's no point in worrying about what any player might do in 2026. If he can help at all, and he can, he should play.

He's an established coach and guys know he's going to be good eventually. I think that losing a bunch in the non-conference would really hurt the confidence in CBJ and the team.
Confidence or unrealistic expectations.

Confidence or unrealistic expectations.
I'm more concerned about the players' confidence in themselves than anything the fans say. A winning culture is infectious, and helps guys grow.

Thompson is a project plus some… not surprised he didn’t get any run.

In the transfer era, there's no point in worrying about what any player might do in 2026. If he can help at all, and he can, he should play.

I think they’re doing what’s best for his career by potentially redshirting. The free transfer rule definitely complicates things but I don’t think this staff has given TT any false promises (which is often what leads to a transfer). We’ve seen staffs play kids too early and in turn, that player developed bad habits. I trust that this staff has laid out a detailed development plan for TT, let’s see how it plays out.

Debated to pay. Did it. Glad I did. Good team play in the first half. Nice to see ball movement with cutting to the basket. Much better than Marcus Carr dribbling and throwing up prayers. Video was good to very good and it was great to have audio of the radio guys, instead of student announcers and shitty audio.Maybe 2-3 winns in the BT.... maybe a couple more. EJ looked decent, same with PW, same with Battle. Charles Daniels looks like he knows what he is doing with the ball. Hope his finger is not serious.

I got the text, Gopher Basketball's not going winless!

I think they’re doing what’s best for his career by potentially redshirting. The free transfer rule definitely complicates things but I don’t think this staff has given TT any false promises (which is often what leads to a transfer). We’ve seen staffs play kids too early and in turn, that player developed bad habits. I trust that this staff has laid out a detailed development plan for TT, let’s see how it plays out.
I'm not dying on the hill either way, but we have zero size without him. I would be encouraging him to play myself. There will be plenty of minutes. It's not like you're burning a red shirt to play him twice a month.

Ramberg comes in and Gophers go on a 12-0 run. Coincedence?
Ramberg, coming out of the basketball dynasty (not) of Grand Marais, MN (which of course means big swamp in French). I've got a cabin in that neck of the woods so about once every other year I catch one of their games. Great to see someone out of that region playing in the barn :cool03:

I'm more concerned about the players' confidence in themselves than anything the fans say. A winning culture is infectious, and helps guys grow.
I hope the 6 seniors will garner enough confidence so the younger players can can high five each other on the bench.

Top Bottom