***OFFICIAL ST. LOUIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The first 37 minutes were about as good and intense of basketball from both teams and you'll ever see. Then the endless fouls and monitor reviews ruined a great game.
Not even close to the most intense or good basketball i have ever seen for the first 37. Will gladly take the win.

Last edited:

If I could make two rule changes: Once you're in the double bonus, you can choose to keep the ball instead of shooting FT's. And two, out of bounds calls that are not clear and obvious are jump balls.

Around 20 years ago they experimented with the first rule in the preseason tournaments. I want to say Xavier kept electing to inbound at the Great Alaska Shootout and someone racked up like 17 fouls in 30 seconds or so. It was a disaster but kudos to them for managing to get the ball inbounds every time.

As it pertains to the Gophers, I think I'd rather have them split free throws (in most cases, not tonight) than try to inbound the ball.

He is a good player because of his aggressiveness but there is also a downside at times.

Yeah, but as with most great players, you take that trade off every day. He does way more good than bad. Pretty sure he played nearly 40 minutes. 14-19 from the line. Huge shots in the first half to set the tone in the first half

Since when?

NCAA Men’s Basketball 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 Rules discuss this violation at Pages 75-76/140.

After a break in the action (e.g. a made basket, a turnover, a timeout), a team inbounding the ball has five seconds from the time the official places the ball is at the disposal of the player entitled to the throw-in to start up the game again. “Disposal” means the official has either handed the ball to the inbounding player or has otherwise made the ball ready for play.

Around 20 years ago they experimented with the first rule in the preseason tournaments. I want to say Xavier kept electing to inbound at the Great Alaska Shootout and someone racked up like 17 fouls in 30 seconds or so. It was a disaster but kudos to them for managing to get the ball inbounds every time.

As it pertains to the Gophers, I think I'd rather have them split free throws (in most cases, not tonight) than try to inbound the ball.
Yeah, with our inbounding issues, I don't know that we would do it, but in general it would take away the incentive to foul, at least so early. Perhaps even 1 FT and you keep the ball though that would greatly change close games.

Good win. Work on zone offense, press break, and rebounding for next game.
Everybody contributed. Johnson maybe the only real subpar, maybe still injured to some degree. Good win.

Yeah, but as with most great players, you take that trade off every day. He does way more good than bad. Pretty sure he played nearly 40 minutes. 14-19 from the line. Huge shots in the first half to set the tone in the first half
He let the team down against Illinois let's see what he does against Iowa

Some didn’t play. Some were relieved. Some exhausted. Or they expected to win and think we are top 10 team and expected us to have an easier time.
Dunno...it is odd.

i missed the play... was he not out of bounds when he picked it up?
He was OOB

It's funny if you go back and read all the posts complaining about Carr in this game thread. You wouldn't think the dude scored 32 points with 7 assists.

If you just read the game day threads year after year, it would be obvious we have only had about two, maybe three players worthy of wearing a Gophers uniform.

I would agree. Probably middle? looks like they are pretty well coached though.

Hard to say I guess. I think the conference is stronger than usual this year. SLU was tough, physical, and very aggressive but the depth of the conference keeps surprising me. I wasn't expecting much at all from Northwestern this year but they beat Michigan State tonight.

He was OOB
Then ya, that’s always been the rule. You teach kids not to pick it up until your teammates are in position. Get set attack their known defense. Other philosophy is get it in quick but then it’s scramble all the way.
However, we had no designed press attack. So ...

I was actually looking forward to seeing your thoughts on this game. I have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed with this review

He is like one of those dolls that you pull the string and they regurgitate the same six phrases over and over.

Hard to say I guess. I think the conference is stronger than usual this year. SLU was tough, physical, and very aggressive but the depth of the conference keeps surprising me. I wasn't expecting much at all from Northwestern this year but they beat Michigan State tonight.
Don't forget Rutgers over Illinois

Good win. Work on zone offense, press break, and rebounding for next game.
Everybody contributed. Johnson maybe the only real subpar, maybe still injured to some degree. Good win.

spot on Golf. We will continue to see the press in the B1G and they need to figure out how to not only get the ball in bounds but actually break the press too.

And rebounding has also been a challenge. Why we cannot figure out how to box out bewilders me. I get that I’m getting old but we’re not going to outjump the other athletic players in the B1G.

We‘ve got to get better at the fundamentals, but I for one was extremely impressed with our FT shooting. I’ve been complaining for years and by golly we actually shot stellar from the stripe. Good stuff!

I was actually looking forward to seeing your thoughts on this game. I have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed with this review
Saw more toughness, 10 minutes of good defense. Pretty sloppy. Winning through that means something. Shot it better. Beat a pretty good team. This season will be crazy all over college hoops. The margin between number 10 and number is getting smaller every year.

We should transfer the proceeds to Michigan State. Clearly Izzo is all washed up and ought to be packing his bags within the week.
Take a look at Izzo's B10 record and accomplishments compared to Pitino🙄

Top Bottom