***OFFICIAL ST. LOUIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
The sign of a good team is bouncing back after a bad performance. The Gophers have had a few days to stew over their stinker at Illinois. It's time to regroup and take on a very solid SLU team.

Carr needs to stop dribbling so much. Gabe needs to stop missing so much. Liam needs to stop fouling so much. Gach needs to create more in transition and attack from the wing, Mashburn needs more minutes, and hopefully Ihnen and Johnson can be productive on the glass.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may not be pretty. I think the Billikens bounce into the Barn and beat the home team badly.

From the preview write up on ESPN. The stat about freethrows really surprises me.

PASSING FOR POINTS: The Golden Gophers have recently used assists to create baskets more often than the Billikens. Minnesota has an assist on 45 of 71 field goals (63.4 percent) over its previous three outings while Saint Louis has assists on 58 of 95 field goals (61.1 percent) during its past three games.

DID YOU KNOW: Minnesota has attempted the second-most free throws in all of Division I. The Golden Gophers have averaged 30.4 free throws per game and 36.3 per game over their last three games.

Sounds like St. Louis likes to play small ball. Their post player is apparently 6'7" but really strong, and then they have a bunch of wings and guards who run the floor.

10 players average at least 10 minutes a game.
top scorer Perkins is a 6-6 G/F 19.5 pts/gm
next is Goodwin a 6-3 G 15.1 pts
Jimerson is a 6-5 G 13.2 pts

should make for some interesting matchups.

Do the Gophers stay big and try to own the lane, or do the Gophers go smaller and try to match St. Louis in quickness?

Was Hassan French (Billiken big guy) a former U recruit? His name seems very familiar.

Go big.... use all 15 fouls on our bigs

Gophers 82 to 78

Was Hassan French (Billiken big guy) a former U recruit? His name seems very familiar.
Yes he was. I think he had a visit scheduled here that was canceled when we took a commitment from Jamir Harris a few days prior.

12.4 points and 10.4 rebounds as a junior last year. Looks like he’s had a solid career.

Given the terrible performance at Illinois, I think we're going to see a more focused team. Gophers beat an NCAA tournament team tonight.

Go Gophs

This Georgetown-St. John's game is not going to end on time. How do we watch? Fox Sports App?

Given the terrible performance at Illinois, I think we're going to see a more focused team. Gophers beat an NCAA tournament team tonight.

Go Gophs
We better be more focused for the rest of the year.......Rutgers just beat Illinois 91-88

Bob Brainerd is our PBP guy? Never heard of him.

Robbins getting his lunch eaten again...

St.Louis.....all 8 points in the paint
Carr....... double figures 4:30 minutes in

Better ball movement than last game, that's for sure. Good defense so far with some decent double teams.

Maybe we should try Freeman in the post. Somebody needs to play tough post defense.

Maybe we should try Freeman in the post. Somebody needs to play tough post defense.
Curry's just to short to play center and Robbins gets shoved around. Freeman needs to give us some minutes.

If he can play Omersa in there for stretches, I don't know why he can't try the same thing with Freeman. He's a lot bigger at least.

If he can play Omersa in there for stretches, I don't know why he can't try the same thing with Freeman. He's a lot bigger at least.
Omersa out for the season

Top Bottom