***OFFICIAL RUTGERS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I know this horse has been dead for awhile now, but we really need more guards. I'd love it if we had two more playable guards.

We also need better inbounds plays. They need to throw that flag football baseline thing away and I'd love to see us not always end up with just Hawkins and Mitchell on opposite sides of the court (long passes and lots of dribbles).
No one ever cuts long like on a true press breaker

Just gonna take a little turd in the punch bowl…if we had hung on vs. iowa and taken a win in our 2 point loss to wisconsin, we’d be in 3rd place. If we didn’t have to play 5 on 8 vs Purdue, and hang on to win there, we’d be tied with Illinois in 2nd.

I know this horse has been dead for awhile now, but we really need more guards. I'd love it if we had two more playable guards....

Coming right up.

"Cherry point guard and Gophers men’s basketball commitment Isaac Asuma is the No. 9 point guard prospect in the 2024 class, according to 247Sports."

We don't know for sure but it's look like a nice get.

Coming right up.

"Cherry point guard and Gophers men’s basketball commitment Isaac Asuma is the No. 9 point guard prospect in the 2024 class, according to 247Sports."

We don't know for sure but it's look like a nice get.
Yup and he’s now the 98th ranked player in his class, ahead of Freitag.

It takes time to build a program and to get the right pieces.

ya that was cool seeing JT, love seeing the 90s guys, golden age for me (I was in school there from 93-97)
Same here!

He was a super nice guy. When I stood next to him, all I could think of is I'm damn glad I didn't have to try and box him out in his prime!

Great win by the Gophers! I loved that they just didn't settle for 3s even though they shot them well. They found Payne and Garcia and forced Rutgers to foul by really moving the ball around. Just a bad couple of minutes in each half but otherwise two well played halves by the Gophers.
Love this team!

Just gonna take a little turd in the punch bowl…if we had hung on vs. iowa and taken a win in our 2 point loss to wisconsin, we’d be in 3rd place. If we didn’t have to play 5 on 8 vs Purdue, and hang on to win there, we’d be tied with Illinois in 2nd.
First off.....turd in the punch bowl.....ewwww

Secondly you can do this for every team where you look at what might have been if a few games had gone your way but you also have to factor games that could have gone the other way when doing this.

This has been a fun season after a couple of absolutely brutal years. NCAA tournament or not just enjoy the ride.

Agree - we are so close to having a pretty amazing run. And, despite those losses, that shows the progress this team has made. Fun season to this point. Can't wait to be at Williams Arena on Thursdsay night!!

Great win by the Gophers! I loved that they just didn't settle for 3s even though they shot them well. They found Payne and Garcia and forced Rutgers to foul by really moving the ball around. Just a bad couple of minutes in each half but otherwise two well played halves by the Gophers.
Love this team!
Yes and we ended up 7-15 from 3, we weren’t forcing them.

Last summer he worked on shooting with the left hand. Massive jump for him. His FF form is good. He can do that next summer and shoot 65% from the line next year.
Agree is form is pretty good. I think his release point might be a tad late. But he is clearly working on it.

He was a beast tonight. For a young man his size, he moves incredibly well. If he can get to that 65 - 70% or better on FT's, he is going to be hard to contain.

More specifically, a Bobby Jackson type that has cojones the size of Alaska when the game is on the line. Here's to hoping these guys continue to grow in pressure situations.
Hawk, Mitchell, and Cam have played together three fourths of one season. They will grow into confident guards under pressure next year. Guard play has been improving all season.

Agree is form is pretty good. I think his release point might be a tad late. But he is clearly working on it.

He was a beast tonight. For a young man his size, he moves incredibly well. If he can get to that 65 - 70% or better on FT's, he is going to be hard to contain.
You can tell he is working on the free throws and I think he will get there eventually. You see some bigger guys shooting free throws and it looks horrible coming out of their hand. Payne's form is decent he just isn't getting the results yet.

Sort of surprised I'm not reading more posts about Payne.

He "only" had 21 points, 11 rebounds, kept out of foul trouble...

Double-double.

Ok… that was a lot of fun to hit up. Much better than my last game in attendance, from the Pitino era.

Free throws, free throws, FTs… needs a lot of work. Breaking the press was brutal to watch, almost cost them tonight, but Ben tempered the situation nicely with the time outs. That was straight panic for about a minute.

Gotta say this team isn’t so bad, ya know? Didn’t the coaches pick them to finish last in the conf?
Lot of people posting here did too.

This game confirmed to me what the winning formula for this team is.

Play close or slightly behind in the first half and then kick butt in the second half.

And play tough defense. Gophers turned great defensive plays into points all game. Got the ball down the court before Rutgers could get set and found a lot of easy layups and open shots.

Sort of surprised I'm not reading more posts about Payne.

He "only" had 21 points, 11 rebounds, kept out of foul trouble...

Double-double.
He should have is own thread..... he played great!! Fox played well when he was resting as well.

Top Bottom