***OFFICIAL PURDUE AT MINNESOTA AFTERNOON IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

"Williams got plenty of lucky bounces off of blocked shots or or off the rim as well."

Were the lucky ones before or after he went for 20 and 8 in the first half?

Been lots of those against Mn in the past. Luck. Painter got exactly what he wanted with Williams. Exactly.
Mn won. Glad for that. Even the bank shot.

Agreed. It wasn’t that bad of a look, the bank made it ugly. We’ve seen Carr hit that shot a bunch this year.

"Williams got plenty of lucky bounces off of blocked shots or or off the rim as well."

He did get some bounces but all good players do. Saw Bueckers get the luckiest bounce imaginable the other night and no ragged on her

Yeah And the Gophers overcame his performance which has nothing to do with luck.

Btw, your attraction to and obsession with me is starting to get a little weird. I guess after seeing how you handled your obsession with Built, I should have known what I was getting into when I called you out last game thread. But I'll gladly keep you off ignore so I can continue to watch your personal meltdown as the Gophers keep winning on their way to another tourney berth. 😘

Lol people acting like Carr making a bs jumper is good coaching by Pitino. Im thrilled with the badly needed win but that was one of those “no no yes!!” Moments. I will always cheer for them and celebrate a win regardless of who is the coach but it’s just frustrating to watch our team play.

Exceptionally lucky? Come on.

Normally you have very solid analysis of the games. I'll gladly say that. But I think your fear of Pitino returning/dislike of him is really starting to cloud these post-game recaps.

There was one "lucky" play tonight - Carr's banked 3. That said, the Gophers have been victim to plenty of lucky plays that have gone the other way in our lifetimes.

Other than Carr's banked shot, the dude hit some very big shots to even get us into that position. The Gophers also played very good defense down the stretch to close the gap.

Williams slipped because we were right on him and he was trying to pump-fake. Regardless, Johnson was all over it for the block if there wasn't a whistle.

Shit happens at the end of basketball games. Again, I get it, your view is clouded as you realize Pitino and squad are chalking up yet another very quality ranked win. That had to be a troubling time inside your head.

All I can say is this was not a "lucky" win. The Gophers fought back against a very good team and made big plays when it mattered. One banked shot doesn't change that. Williams got plenty of lucky bounces off of blocked shots or or off the rim as well.

Try and enjoy it a little. Much more fun to be in the hunt heading into March than hoping our coach gets fired - which is not close to a certainty in this athletic department budget environment.

Good call. Everybody trying to rationalize the win as "luck" deserve ridicule. In essence....a three point shot is less likely to drop than it is to miss. Yet day after day.....players on teams all over the country make game winning shots. I could say that Williams getting three attempts at a put back under the rim with less than a minute was luck.

The fact is that good players make plays down the stretch. Williams got two rebounds off his own miss to get a tie breaking dunk. Carr hit a three pointer to give the Gophers the lead. lol at the morons acting like Carr hasn't done this before.

Lol people acting like Carr making a bs jumper is good coaching by Pitino. Im thrilled with the badly needed win but that was one of those “no no yes!!” Moments. I will always cheer for them and celebrate a win regardless of who is the coach but it’s just frustrating to watch our team play.

That was one play.

What about the other plays down the stretch when we were down 6 - including on the defensive end? I guess he gets no positive credit right?

huh? Please quote the poster who said....or even alluded to Carr's three pointer being the result of good coaching.

Sorry all you people, but do you really want to go down the RP vs Matt Painter coaching comparison? Cause it’s not close. I hope the team wins a bunch but RP has to go. While I didn’t see the game, other commitments, what I have watched lately leads me to believe they probably won despite him. Sorry but 8 years of crap in the conference is all I need to see.

I agree with this. But Pitinos “coaching” got a better look than Painters coaching. The quotes are because Pitino did nothing.

Sorry all you people, but do you really want to go down the RP vs Matt Painter coaching comparison? Cause it’s not close. I hope the team wins a bunch but RP has to go. While I didn’t see the game, other commitments, what I have watched lately leads me to believe they probably won despite him. Sorry but 8 years of crap in the conference is all I need to see.
Watch the game, maybe?

I don't even know why Pitino vs. Painter is coming up about a game that we won. Probably because people were blaming Pitino for the loss before the game was over?

Why watch the games when you already know what happens?

Rewatch the last five minutes now, knowing we will win, and tell us again how frustrating you think our play was.

Huh? Carr got a much better look than Purdue. You haven’t addressed their lack of a play to end the game.
Williams was on the doorstep!!!!!!! One on one where he dominated. Carr was 25 ft away.

Watch the game, maybe?
Love to, but see my three kids and their sports activities come first as well as my job. I have seen enough in 8 years and a lot of basketball to know it’s time for a new coach.

Love to, but see my three kids and their sports activities come first as well as my job. I have seen enough in 8 years and a lot of basketball to know it’s time for a new coach.

Well, I guess no need to watch the rest of the games or the tournament in March then? Probably should spend your time talking to your kids about what good coaching really looks like with those freed up hours

Painter is my 2nd favorite big ten coach and i wrote a post about that yesterday. However was really unimpressed with his postgame tonight. All whining and gave the gophers zero credit (kind of like a certain team's message board :)) . One of the worst postgames i have heard.

Last edited:

Well, I guess no need to watch the rest of the games or the tournament in March then? Probably should spend your time talking to your kids about what good coaching really looks like with those freed up hours
Guess you missed the part where I said I was a MINNESOTA FAN not an RP fan. I will watch, when my schedule allows, and don’t worry my kids get plenty of information about what good coaching looks like and RP isn’t it.

Guess you missed the part where I said I was a MINNESOTA FAN not an RP fan. I will watch, when my schedule allows, and don’t worry my kids get plenty of information about what good coaching looks like and RP isn’t it.
Your dealing with a dolt.

Top Bottom