***OFFICIAL OHIO STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Possible good luck charm. My wife has gone to 5 games with me over the last two years including last night and the Purdue win at home last year. We have won them all. I may have to keep taking her to all the games.

Alright so now you are scrambling after being proven wrong 3 times in a row.

No, I don't think they "wont" make the tourney because of 1 loss. I think they MAY miss the tourney because of 4 losses out of 10 games. Their best player is out in definitely and they play in the ACC. I'd say start following the sport.
he got about 48 seconds of game time and we lost 7 points off our lead in that short time.

on another note-- with the score about 58-40 I mentioned to my buddy how locked in we were defensively - especially off the ball, in help situations. The coaching game plan must have really been drilled into everyone and having Jarvis and Tre play more minutes amps up the energy level and it seems to feed itself.

Willis came back to the bench and was walking ok after the game.

Good Win-- enjoy it everybody. Go Gophers!

Article from Ohio complemented the crispness of our offensive sets as well. Well done all around.

UNC lost both games by 9 and were down by double digits basically the entire second half of both games, yeah they got rolled. Again, try watching the sport. Roy himself said after the Virginia game hes never been more frustrated with how his team is playing.

Marquette isn't top 10(or ranked) so using them as a measuring stick for UNC continues to prove my point. But hey since you like the blowout game so much...Marquette beat Purdue by double digts, Purude beat Virginia by 29(absolute blowout) and Virigina turnaround to embarrass UNC.

At some point you gotta just throw in the towel.

Sure it is. UNC is no good....right? I guess neither is Marquette. Equally comparable. Single digit losses to ranked teams other than OSU for UNC. The Golden Kegels got rolled by their only ranked opponent. Seven wins against creampuffs isn't impressive.

You'd know that if you understood the game. It's too bad that you dug yourself such a deep hole trying to downplay the Gophers win over #3.

I think Williams has proven that he deserves solid minutes in the rotation. He defends quite a bit better than Demir imo. I trust Pitino knows how to evaluate talent so I guess we assume Isaiah Ihnen isn't ready for Big Ten play yet? It's too bad because I was looking foward to seeing him play.

I think Williams has proven that he deserves solid minutes in the rotation. He defends quite a bit better than Demir imo. I trust Pitino knows how to evaluate talent so I guess we assume Isaiah Ihnen isn't ready for Big Ten play yet? It's too bad because I was looking foward to seeing him play.

I think Ihnen's injury really hurt his readiness.

It is pretty apparent that the coaching staff is emphasizing that solid defense is the key to survival for this team. My guess on Ihnen is that he is not showing that he knows where to be yet. I am hoping he gets some run in the next two games and gains some confidence. They need one more guy off the bench with size and athleticism for sure and he could figure in later on.

It is pretty apparent that the coaching staff is emphasizing that solid defense is the key to survival for this team. My guess on Ihnen is that he is not showing that he knows where to be yet. I am hoping he gets some run in the next two games and gains some confidence. They need one more guy off the bench with size and athleticism for sure and he could figure in later on.
Makes sense. I think Ihnen is one of the keys to having success next season as well so him getting some in-game experience this year would be invaluable.

Ah. My bad. The start was worse than I remember. IIRC, we beat both MSU and Indiana at home when they were ranked?
Correct! According to wiki, we beat #13 Indiana, #12 MSU, and #18 Iowa at home that season.

Sure it is. UNC is no good....right? I guess neither is Marquette. Equally comparable. Single digit losses to ranked teams other than OSU for UNC. The Golden Kegels got rolled by their only ranked opponent. Seven wins against creampuffs isn't impressive.

You'd know that if you understood the game. It's too bad that you dug yourself such a deep hole trying to downplay the Gophers win over #3.

Ummm once again reiterating my point. I never said Marquette was really good. You brought up Marquette like a psychopath. Not me. Marquette is a bubble team. As in they MAY miss the tournament. You now just said UNC is equally comparable. Therefore after 20 messages of stupidity you are finally agreeing with my original assessment, UNC has a chance to miss the tourney. Thank you.

Oh btw, first NET rankings are out(very early data but still worth noting), UNC is 94th. Gophers are 48 and Marquette is 53. But yeah you're right, UNC hasnt been poor so far.

God this is easy.

Ummm once again reiterating my point. I never said Marquette was really good. You brought up Marquette like a psychopath. Not me. Marquette is a bubble team. As in they MAY miss the tournament. You now just said UNC is equally comparable. Therefore after 20 messages of stupidity you are finally agreeing with my original assessment, UNC has a chance to miss the tourney. Thank you.

Oh btw, first NET rankings are out(very early data but still worth noting), UNC is 94th. Gophers are 48 and Marquette is 53. But yeah you're right, UNC hasnt been poor so far.

God this is easy.

UNC without their best player. They had a full team when they played OSU.

Reading comprehension. Try it sometime, bozo.

UNC without their best player. They had a full team when they played OSU.

Reading comprehension. Try it sometime, bozo.

The net ranking takes into effect all their games, try learning it sometime, bozo.

UNC without their best player lost to Wofford. Marquette hasn't any remotely similar loss. So I don't know what comparable you're making.

Like I said, you are one of a kind stupid. Its truly impressive.

Possible good luck charm. My wife has gone to 5 games with me over the last two years including last night and the Purdue win at home last year. We have won them all. I may have to keep taking her to all the games.
Don't jump to rash conclusions! Try taking another woman to the next game and see how that works.

The net ranking takes into effect all their games, try learning it sometime, bozo.

UNC without their best player lost to Wofford. Marquette hasn't any remotely similar loss. So I don't know what comparable you're making.

Like I said, you are one of a kind stupid. Its truly impressive.

Right. It takes the Wofford (150+ in NET) loss without two of their starters into effect. How are you having trouble with this? It's embarrassing that you've made yourself out to be an idiot and continue at it.

Anyways....OSU had two top ten, twenty-five point wins. Clearly deserved their ranking.

My advice....clean the drool off your keyboard and get some help. Your mom can drive you after she helps you dress.

Right. It takes the Wofford (150+ in NET) loss without two of their starters into effect. How are you having trouble with this? It's embarrassing that you've made yourself out to be an idiot and continue at it.

Anyways....OSU had two top ten, twenty-five point wins. Clearly deserved their ranking.

My advice....clean the drool off your keyboard and get some help. Your mom can drive you after she helps you dress.

Yes, and Cole Anthony is out indefinitely. Hence their struggle to make the tournament. You keep talking in circles lmao. Again, how are them and Marquette comparable? For the record I am ok with that being the case, it further proves my point. But you keep deflecting. UNC without Anthony is not comparable to Marquette who pasted their cupcake without Howard.

Ohio State does deserve their ranking. Never once did I say that. All I said is UNC and Nova are not top 5 teams(they aren't). And they are not even top 10 teams. Hate to break it to ya but Nov. AP polls are not whats used to determine the top 10 teams come tourney time.

I said the gophers dominated and its a great win. I said UNC is not a top 5 team. You are arguing against facts. Good luck

My advice. Just stop while you've already been buried.

Yes, and Cole Anthony is out indefinitely. Hence their struggle to make the tournament. You keep talking in circles lmao. Again, how are them and Marquette comparable? For the record I am ok with that being the case, it further proves my point. But you keep deflecting. UNC without Anthony is not comparable to Marquette who pasted their cupcake without Howard.

Ohio State does deserve their ranking. Never once did I say that. All I said is UNC and Nova are not top 5 teams(they aren't). And they are not even top 10 teams. Hate to break it to ya but Nov. AP polls are not whats used to determine the top 10 teams come tourney time.

I said the gophers dominated and its a great win. I said UNC is not a top 5 team. You are arguing against facts. Good luck

there are several teams in the top 10 now that are not top 10 teams. UVA is 9th and to mr not top 50.

What does that have to do with anything? You've been trying to downplay OSU beating them by over 25 points when they were at full strength.

These are facts. They are a much worse team NOW. But that win over them at full strength was very impressive. So was the dominating win over Villanova. Hell....they dismantled the now #23 ranked Penn State Nittany Lions by 32 points! The same PSU team that beat Maryland. Didn't the Golden Kegels play Maryland too (and get crushed)? lol.

You are just making this stuff up as you go.....and looking like a complete fool in the process. But please....continue. Your credibility cannot plummet much lower at this point.

What does that have to do with anything? You've been trying to downplay OSU beating them by over 25 points when they were at full strength.

These are facts. They are a much worse team NOW. But that win over them at full strength was very impressive. So was the dominating win over Villanova. Hell....they dismantled the now #23 ranked Penn State Nittany Lions by 32 points! The same PSU team that beat Maryland. Didn't the Golden Kegels play Maryland too (and get crushed)? lol.

You are just making this stuff up as you go.....and looking like a complete fool in the process. But please....continue. Your credibility cannot plummet much lower at this point.

No I didn't, not once did I say "OSU beating UNC by 25 points was not impressive". All I said was that UNC is not a top 5 team, they are not one. They are not even top 7 that they were. Preseason is meaningless. Hell, right now that win at UNC is not even a Q1 win for OSU. Let that sink in.

I haven't made one thing up. I have literally only stated facts.

Well, guess technically me saying the gophers dominated OSU and calling it a big win as well as calling OSU a great team are all my opinion. But data supports that view point.

Yes, Penn State did beat Maryland. Again, youre not explaining why you keep bringing up Marquette. But keep deflecting on UNC and Marquette being comparable lmao. It all just keeps proving my points. UNC is not a good win right now and there is nothing "stupid" about saying UNC "may" miss the tournament.

Marquette>Purdue>Virginia>UNC. We can play this game all day everyday. You will never be right.

1 last fact. I posted about the Gophers beating Ohio State in dominating fashion. Instead of you celebrating that win, you have spent 2 days spamming a thread talking about North Carolina and Marquette. I shutter to imagine how quickly you would get on edge if someone was actually trolling.

I'll patiently wait your next deflection of the facts.

Y'all are trying to beat the "Shaka Smart is at the Vue" thread, right?

No I didn't, not once did I say "OSU beating UNC by 25 points was not impressive". All I said was that UNC is not a top 5 team, they are not one. They are not even top 7 that they were. Preseason is meaningless. Hell, right now that win at UNC is not even a Q1 win for OSU. Let that sink in.

I haven't made one thing up. I have literally only stated facts.

Well, guess technically me saying the gophers dominated OSU and calling it a big win as well as calling OSU a great team are all my opinion. But data supports that view point.

Yes, Penn State did beat Maryland. Again, youre not explaining why you keep bringing up Marquette. But keep deflecting on UNC and Marquette being comparable lmao. It all just keeps proving my points. UNC is not a good win right now and there is nothing "stupid" about saying UNC "may" miss the tournament.

Marquette>Purdue>Virginia>UNC. We can play this game all day everyday. You will never be right.

1 last fact. I posted about the Gophers beating Ohio State in dominating fashion. Instead of you celebrating that win, you have spent 2 days spamming a thread talking about North Carolina and Marquette. I shutter to imagine how quickly you would get on edge if someone was actually trolling.

I'll patiently wait your next deflection of the facts.

You don't seem to understand the difference between a team at full strength and a team without two of their starting players. Beating that team full strength by 25+ points is absolutely a good win. Saying otherwise simply proves that you know nothing about the sport.

And using transitive property to compare teams? Hahaha! That is lowest level of critical thinking that you could possibly toss out. I guess Marquette is worse than St. Bonaventure then....since the Golden Kegels lost to Wisconsin.....who lost to Rutgers.....who lost to the Bonnies.

You've already thoroughly embarrassed yourself. But keep it coming, spambot. Always fun to have the board dunce act like nobody saw him faceplant.

You don't seem to understand the difference between a team at full strength and a team without two of their starting players. Beating that team full strength by 25+ points is absolutely a good win. Saying otherwise simply proves that you know nothing about the sport.

And using transitive property to compare teams? Hahaha! That is lowest level of critical thinking that you could possibly toss out. I guess Marquette is worse than St. Bonaventure then....since the Golden Kegels lost to Wisconsin.....who lost to Rutgers.....who lost to the Bonnies.

You've already thoroughly embarrassed yourself. But keep it coming, spambot. Always fun to have the board dunce act like nobody saw him faceplant.

Do you actually have a legit cognitive disability?? You just used the "transitive property" using Penn State and Maryland. HOLY FUCK are you goddamn stupid.

Here comes all caps. Hop you can actually read those

WHERE DID I SAY BEATING UNC BY 25 POINTS WASNT A GOOD WIN? All i said was they ARE NOT TOP 5 AND NOT A GOOD TEAM. Is this all an act or are you actually this goddamn dumb?

Answer the question. I need to know. I'll feel bad if I am actually picking on a disabled person here.

UNC is a Q2 win for Ohio State. Fucking dumbass.

Due to Vikes, watched recording of BB game. Jordan Murphy is my favorite all time gopher and I miss watching him play, but Carr might be ready to pick up the mantle. He was certainly very impressive both on the court and postgame. Liked seeing Gabe off the bounce. We are looking better at the 4 than earlier in the season.

Do you actually have a legit cognitive disability?? You just used the "transitive property" using Penn State and Maryland. HOLY FUCK are you goddamn stupid.

Here comes all caps. Hop you can actually read those

WHERE DID I SAY BEATING UNC BY 25 POINTS WASNT A GOOD WIN? All i said was they ARE NOT TOP 5 AND NOT A GOOD TEAM. Is this all an act or are you actually this goddamn dumb?

Answer the question. I need to know. I'll feel bad if I am actually picking on a disabled person here.

UNC is a Q2 win for Ohio State. Fucking dumbass.

Oh boy. You've topped out on stupid. Maryland is a common opponent of both Penn State and Marquette. No transitive property used there. Similar to your understanding of basketball....a major fail.

But thanks for another reply showing how worthless you are. So keep embarrassing yourself, pal. It's really entertaining how you flop around like a fish out of water. ?

Oh boy. You've topped out on stupid. Maryland is a common opponent of both Penn State and Marquette. No transitive property used there. Similar to your understanding of basketball....a major fail.

But thanks for another reply showing how worthless you are. So keep embarrassing yourself, pal. It's really entertaining how you flop around like a fish out of water. ?

Wait...

So you got so spun around in your UNC argument.

That you are now comparing Penn State and Marquette.

I posted about the OSU/Gopher game. You have proceeded to mentally combust so bad that you have begun arguing UNC and Marquette, failed. Then randomly switched to Penn State. Seek therapy.

I guess thanks for saying Marquette is better than Virginia tho???

You going to answer my question yet?? You are an actual psychopath.

This thread going off the rails an example of why I visit GopherHole less & less.

I apologize.

My initial post was genuine.

But if a psycho wants attack my intelligence and bring random ACC/BE/non relevant big 10 teams into a Gopher/Ohio State thread then we end up at this.

Wait...

So you got so spun around in your UNC argument.

That you are now comparing Penn State and Marquette.

I posted about the OSU/Gopher game. You have proceeded to mentally combust so bad that you have begun arguing UNC and Marquette, failed. Then randomly switched to Penn State. Seek therapy.

I guess thanks for saying Marquette is better than Virginia tho???

You going to answer my question yet?? You are an actual psychopath.

Wrong. You've been slamming posts about OSU self-destructing rather than the Gophers playing very well in the win. Then you degraded OSU's wins. Full strength UNC =/= UNC missing two of their starters....including their best player. I suppose that is over your head.

UNC would probably beat Marquette right now. Maybe that is why you've gone off the rails.

Either way....you've proven that you are not intelligent in the least. The transitive property post was just icing on the cake. Proof that you have little idea what you are talking about.

I apologize.

My initial post was genuine.

But if a psycho wants attack my intelligence and bring random ACC/BE/non relevant big 10 teams into a Gopher/Ohio State thread then we end up at this.

This is what butthurt looks like, folks.

Wrong. You've been slamming posts about OSU self-destructing rather than the Gophers playing very well in the win. Then you degraded OSU's wins. Full strength UNC =/= UNC missing two of their starters....including their best player. I suppose that is over your head.

UNC would probably beat Marquette right now. Maybe that is why you've gone off the rails.

Either way....you've proven that you are not intelligent in the least. The transitive property post was just icing on the cake. Proof that you have little idea what you are talking about.

Please show me 1 where I said that, just one. I haven't at any point said that "OSU self destructed", not one time.

I am still waiting for you to also show me where I said "OSU beating UNC by 25 was not impressive"

I keep stating facts. You have now hit me with another opinion "UNC would PROBABLY beat Marquette". Lmao, you went from arguing that UNC was good, to saying they would probably beat a team that I am not arguing being top 25. This is incredible

The voices in your head feeding you all these fake quotes of mine?

Please show me 1 where I said that, just one. I haven't at any point said that "OSU self destructed", not one time.

I am still waiting for you to also show me where I said "OSU beating UNC by 25 was not impressive"

I keep stating facts. You have now hit me with another opinion "UNC would PROBABLY beat Marquette". Lmao, you went from arguing that UNC was good, to saying they would probably beat a team that I am not arguing being top 25. This is incredible

The voices in your head feeding you all these fake quotes of mine?

"OSU looks awful". You should probably look up the definition of "semantics".

UNC without two of their starters is not a good team. OSU killed them at full strength, however. Beating Villanova by 25....and your explanation is that Villanova is not that good either.

The bright green yucky face stickers on the bottles under the sink mean "DON'T DRINK". Damage already done?

Top Bottom