***OFFICIAL OHIO STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

UNC isn't a top 10 team either. So again, its incorrect.

"physicall dominated" my post"but this is domination" So thank you for again proving I was right. Just keep coming

Its based on the rankings when they played, you imbecile. They were #7. That's a fact

Its based on the rankings when they played, you imbecile. They were #7. That's a fact

Yes, they were #7. But they are not a top 7 team, imbecile. You stated definitely that they were(top 5 actually but we are forgiving that)

By your logic, any team ranked in the top 7 this year is a top 7 team. Meaning there will be about 30 top 7 teams. Brilliant.

UNC hasn't been a good team all year. Even with Anthony on the floor the average less than a point per possession. That isn't good. They haven't been good. Again, I'd suggest following the sport.

You're the one that keeps bringing up Marquette on a gopher board haha. If the season ended today...Marquettes resume would have them safely in the tournament. 5-5, not getting in.

Keep going.

I guess I'd rather support a non-tourney team than a university that openly supports and provides shelter for pedophiles.

So leaving aside all the in-depth tarheel discussion, and comments about marquette, what about that win? Pitino has shown an ability to get big wins in games like this. I’m hoping for a nice NIT run this year and build for next year. Because nights like tonight show that there are pieces even if they’re too young to be consistent.

UNC hasn't been a good team all year. Even with Anthony on the floor the average less than a point per possession. That isn't good. They haven't been good. Again, I'd suggest following the sport.

You're the one that keeps bringing up Marquette on a gopher board haha. If the season ended today...Marquettes resume would have them safely in the tournament. 5-5, not getting in.

Keep going.

UNC lost their best player. Losing to Michigan, OSU, and Virginia are not bad losses. All of those teams are better than Marquette....but you clearly aren't a basketball guy.

And after nine games you are trying to determine who will be in the tournament? hahaha! Wait until Marquette starts playing decent teams. We know how they fair against good teams. 20+ point losses.

Must be hard to swallow all that crow on your plate.

So leaving aside all the in-depth tarheel discussion, and comments about marquette, what about that win? Pitino has shown an ability to get big wins in games like this. I’m hoping for a nice NIT run this year and build for next year. Because nights like tonight show that there are pieces even if they’re too young to be consistent.

If they can win these last two non-con games, I think they will be in the tournament convo with an 11-9 BT record and a BTT win. Let's hope tonight's performance against a truly truly top of the nation team gives the confidence and helps the newcomers gel.

UNC lost their best player. Losing to Michigan, OSU, and Virginia are not bad losses. All of those teams are better than Marquette....but you clearly aren't a basketball guy.

And after nine games you are trying to determine who will be in the tournament? hahaha! Wait until Marquette starts playing decent teams. We know how they fair against good teams. 20+ point losses.

Must be hard to swallow all that crow on your plate.

My god this is actually impressive your level of stupidity.

I didn't say they were bad losses. I said UNC is not a good team. But yeah, getting rolled by all 3 of those teams isn't ideal.

Considering there have been bracketology brackets since week 1, you fail again. You build your resume immediately. I am so far in your head that all I had to do was talk about the gophers dominating Ohio State and you have spun out of control to defend UNC(incorrectly) and target Marquette(also incorrectly). Its too easy.

Well, Shiite. What a great game. I watched on delay and hadn't checked the score so lucky me. Carr played like a boss and OSU got a little chippy which is to be expected I guess when you get routed for your first loss of the year.
Turnovers and 3pt percentage were even, but the Gophers won the glass and 2pt fg percentage. Carr, Oturu and Gabe all had big games. Oturu outplaying Wesson was great to see.

No Michael Hurt tonight. Interesting.
he got about 48 seconds of game time and we lost 7 points off our lead in that short time.

on another note-- with the score about 58-40 I mentioned to my buddy how locked in we were defensively - especially off the ball, in help situations. The coaching game plan must have really been drilled into everyone and having Jarvis and Tre play more minutes amps up the energy level and it seems to feed itself.

Willis came back to the bench and was walking ok after the game.

Good Win-- enjoy it everybody. Go Gophers!

he got about 48 seconds of game time and we lost 7 points off our lead in that short time.

on another note-- with the score about 58-40 I mentioned to my buddy how locked in we were defensively - especially off the ball, in help situations. The coaching game plan must have really been drilled into everyone and having Jarvis and Tre play more minutes amps up the energy level and it seems to feed itself.

Willis came back to the bench and was walking ok after the game.

Good Win-- enjoy it everybody. Go Gophers!

I wouldn’t say Willis was walking OK. By the looks of it it could be a nagging ankle injury. Could really use him vs. Ok State.

I missed the game. I’ve never been so mad at myself

Willis was moving a lot after the ankle injury but was doing so gingerly. He has a few days to heal up for OK state.

Williams and Omersa provide a lot defensively. Good rebounders, long, active and athletic. Tons of effort and energy. Offensively Omersa gives you very little. Williams gives you some. And I really like Williams demeanor

The defense was really excellent tonight. OSU had to work hard for every point. Guards saw driving to the basket can make good things happen. Williams keeps improving and Omersa’s role is emerging. Carr showed we may have misjudged him. All in all a good night.

My stupid Fucking family. Mother fuck fuck fuck

It wasn’t even my family, it was my wife’s

Willis was moving a lot after the ankle injury but was doing so gingerly. He has a few days to heal up for OK state.

Williams and Omersa provide a lot defensively. Good rebounders, long, active and athletic. Tons of effort and energy. Offensively Omersa gives you very little. Williams gives you some. And I really like Williams demeanor
Williams looks like he has the tools to be a pretty good player in a year or two. Good defensively and is certainly confident. He has made a lot of freshman turnovers as he adjusts to the speed and quality of opponent at the next level. Pleasantly surprised by him so far.

Omersa has made some strides in the offseason. At times last year he looked like he didn’t know what he was doing on the floor. But so far this year, he’s played at lot more to his strengths and not tried to do too much.

Williams looks like he has the tools to be a pretty good player in a year or two. Good defensively and is certainly confident. He has made a lot of freshman turnovers as he adjusts to the speed and quality of opponent at the next level. Pleasantly surprised by him so far.

Omersa has made some strides in the offseason. At times last year he looked like he didn’t know what he was doing on the floor. But so far this year, he’s played at lot more to his strengths and not tried to do too much.
Omersa is almost always very effective. He does a ton of little things to help his team succeed. I’m almost always fine with his contributions on the court.

The three differences between this game and the previous nine games were forty minutes of inspired defense, a shortened bench and Carr's wild shots going in. Oturu remains a legit future NBA rotation player, if not a starter. (I hope he stays beyond this year.)

I agree with the poster who said it was fun to see the gopher alums behind the bench with their SO's. I saw Joey King, Mbakwe, Banham and Hollins, Kendal Shell and Jamal Abdul Shamala. Anybody else?

The three differences between this game and the previous nine games were forty minutes of inspired defense, a shortened bench and Carr's wild shots going in. Oturu remains a legit future NBA rotation player, if not a starter. (I hope he stays beyond this year.)

I agree with the poster who said it was fun to see the gopher alums behind the bench with their SO's. I saw Joey King, Mbakwe, Banham and Hollins, Kendal Shell and Jamal Abdul Shamala. Anybody else?

Jim Shikenjanski was there, as always.

So I am just wondering.......does anyone know if OSU has beaten a top five team this year? Also is North Carolina a pretty good team?

Dang guys, give it a rest.

I really like Williams. He played some good minutes last night. Oklahoma State will be another tough one. Then after that I hope we are able to see some of the other guys like Ihnen and Freeman.

My god this is actually impressive your level of stupidity.

I didn't say they were bad losses. I said UNC is not a good team. But yeah, getting rolled by all 3 of those teams isn't ideal.

Considering there have been bracketology brackets since week 1, you fail again. You build your resume immediately. I am so far in your head that all I had to do was talk about the gophers dominating Ohio State and you have spun out of control to defend UNC(incorrectly) and target Marquette(also incorrectly). Its too easy.

They didn't get rolled by Michigan or Virginia. Only OSU. Or do you not understand numbers?

Marquette was rolled....by the only top team that they played. Impressive.

No worries, dummy. The Golden Kegels will get some more chances to stay within ten.

They didn't get rolled by Michigan or Virginia. Only OSU. Or do you not understand numbers?

Marquette was rolled....by the only top team that they played. Impressive.

No worries, dummy. The Golden Kegels will get some more chances to stay within ten.

UNC lost both games by 9 and were down by double digits basically the entire second half of both games, yeah they got rolled. Again, try watching the sport. Roy himself said after the Virginia game hes never been more frustrated with how his team is playing.

Marquette isn't top 10(or ranked) so using them as a measuring stick for UNC continues to prove my point. But hey since you like the blowout game so much...Marquette beat Purdue by double digts, Purude beat Virginia by 29(absolute blowout) and Virigina turnaround to embarrass UNC.

At some point you gotta just throw in the towel.

I hope at minimum we can replicate 2005-2006. Started 0-4 in B1G. Finished 6-10. Knocked off multiple top 25 teams at home and made the NIT.

We started 0-6 in the B1G that season, and finished at 5-11.

Top Bottom