***OFFICIAL OHIO STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Big Ten opener and no better way to get turn around the season than knocking off an undefeated Buckeye team! It won't be easy, but it can be done. Pound the ball to Oturu, when that doesn't work, go back to Oturu. He needs to kick it out and we need to get hot from 3. Oturu MUST stay out of foul trouble.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Going to be a small crowd due to Vikings game. I’ll be there with the wife.

HALE is my motto for the season. I said early they’ll not be great but can beat some good teams. Prove me right tonight!!

First and maybe only game this year for me. Hoping to see some jump shots drop today!

Hope the boys do well. I have low expectations for this game so a loss under double digits would be a positive today.

As we were driving to the women's game, we were talking... there was a time when the #3 team coming to town would be a lot of buzz. Not this time. Like I've said, the buzz with this Gopher team is as low as I've seen since the low ebb of the Monson era. Probably bad fans.

Gold uniforms. The music is way Too loud during warmups -must be trying to make up for lack of fans.

Defense good so far. Team is attacking the boards. Nice to see Gabe drive to the basket even if he didn't make it.

As we were driving to the women's game, we were talking... there was a time when the #3 team coming to town would be a lot of buzz. Not this time. Like I've said, the buzz with this Gopher team is as low as I've seen since the low ebb of the Monson era. Probably bad fans.

I've been following the team for a little over 30 years, and as much as i loved the hire and have rooted for and defended Richard throughout his tenure, i just don't see the growth that i was hoping to have seen by now. Regardless of wins and losses, the team often seems ill prepared, has trouble running the offense and has consistently lacked any semblance of an identity. If being a nice guy with a witty sense of humor was what won ballgames, Richard would be one of the best in the league. Unfortunately the reality is that the team has been 'good enough' only a couple seasons and sort of lousy the rest of the time. There's a very real possibility that they could win as few as 10-12 games this year, and if Oturu leaves after this season, next year could (it's honestly terrifying) be worse. I don't think it's fair to call anyone a bad fan because they aren't able to be optimistic about the current state of the team right now.

Last edited:

Omersa playing solid D so far. Now it would be nice if he could step up and score to take some pressure off Oturu.

Can we stay focused on the game guys? Sheesh can't get through one thread without people talking about how bad we are.

13-2 run, this looks like a team that can get it done if they want to.

Great hustle on the offensive boards as well.

1. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Omersa continues to develop.
2. Carr is way too loose with the ball.
3. The rough shooting night against Iowa hasn't kept them from firing threes today.
4. Big dunk by Oturu.
5. Hope?

Very nice half! Undefeated this year with this kind of BB.

38-29 at the half. Gophers looking like a different team tonight. Lots of defensive effort and moving the ball pretty well.

Gold uniforms. The music is way Too loud during warmups -must be trying to make up for lack of fans.
I said it in my 20's and I stand by it. If it's too loud, you're too old. BTW, I'm now in my 60's. The other thing is, the music is not for the fans, it's for the players.

I said it in my 20's and I stand by it. If it's too loud, you're too old. BTW, I'm now in my 60's. The other thing is, the music is not for the fans, it's for the players.
I am 53 and go to 20 -30 metal/hard rock shows a year. I don’t have a problem with loud music in general or what they were playing. Just doesn’t need to be that loud 50 minutes prior to game time.

Top Bottom