***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT RUTGERS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Carr may be talented, but he plays some very stupid and selfish basketball. For a 3rd year player, he needs to play a lot smarter. So does Kalscheur. This team has no leaders.

Carr is not good enough to create his own shot to win a game..... PERIOD!!!

So for the seemingly 1000th straight time Pitino has exactly 0 idea how to draw a play. Timeout FAIL, timeout during that possession we just took one FAIL. What an absolute embarrassment of a coach. If anyone thinks Pitino should be the coach going forward then you clearly don't think winning games is important.

I kinda wish there was a press conference tomorrow. This season is now over and everyone knows it.
They'll beat Nebraska and string us along a while longer, but I agree, we're not going anywhere good.

I honestly think this is the game that does it.

No plays the last 5 minutes of the game. ZERO
Getting to the free throw line is not an offense.
I wonder if they practice how to close out a game? Seems like it's Carr and his 'hero ball' each and every time... sometimes he's gotten lucky which only encourages it more. Then again, you have the coach not drawing up plays for others. I knew when Gabe started giving the ball up at the end like it was a hot potato, it was THE END.

I can't wait to see how Pitino spins our trip to the NIT as a positive thing.

That looked like Pitino's fault much more than Carr's. There was no plan other than give the ball to Carr and hope he scored.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^. Don’t understand why any decent player would want to play for Pitino. Carr probably can’t wait to get out of here, just like Coffey. Pitino has had a free ride for 4 years now. It’s laughable watching his teams in the final minutes of a close game on the road. If there’s not a great individual performance they have no chance.

Welcome to the bubble girls. After your next loss you’re looking NIT. Pathetic division 1 basketball play there towards the end. Turnovers bad shots and no defense. Grow up and play like scholarship athletes please
I doubt there is an NIT this year. Thank God.

Pitino sat in a chair with his hands folded on that possession. At the 21 second mark, he makes a little motion as in to say hurry up. Airball goes up, Richard puts his hands over his face. Carr never looked over at him.

100% on Carr the last 5 minutes. Baker>Carr
Carr played selfish. There is no other way to look at this. He had played a solid game but when you do the things he did in the last few minutes...that's really bad basketball. I can't see why Mashburn was not on the court the last several minutes. He is as good of a shooting threat as we have.

Played hard, it's simply not going to happen under Pitino. Gabe's travel up 2 with the ball was absolutely brutal and Rutgers makes a 3 to take the lead. Gabe's lazy pass back to Carr gave Rutgers a free 2 points earlier in the half as well.

Gophers had two possessions to go up 8. One the first , Eric Curry made several great plays to get the Gophers a couple extra chances and they couldn't convert. On the second, Carr dropped what looked like a beautiful dime to Robbins for an easy one and someone stripped him or he just lost it going up.

Loved the hustle from Both out there diving on the floor. The possession down 1 including multiple Pitino timeouts speaks for itself.

It's (past) time.

Lots of people yelling at Carr, but that followed free throws by Rutgers, where Pitino had plenty of time to tell Carr or any of the other players the situation and the plan. And then as Carr slowly walks up the court, there is Rich, sitting quietly on the bench. I was a defender of his last year, but I can't imagine anyone being able to stand up for him anymore. Just not a good coach.
I'm not sure Carr listens. At all. That said, Pitino is done.

Their guys made plays. Rutgers coach had nothing to do with their closing stretch.
We put in Carr’s hands and he looked like somebody who forgot how to play. A lot of wtf?
They double teamed him and he, for whatever reason, couldn't get rid of it. There is obviously someone wide open if he's being double teamed. This is on the coach again but CARR should also know better by now.

They double teamed him and he, for whatever reason, couldn't get rid of it. There is obviously someone wide open if he's being double teamed. This is on the coach again but CARR should also know better by now.
When he is doubled and tripled, it seems NO ONE is moving toward the ball!!!!! WTF????

Pitino is completely clueless. Anyone else notice how he’s active and very engaged on the sidelines the first 10 minutes of the game and then the final 5 minutes he hides on the bench? It’s pathetic. He has no idea what he’s doing.

Same thing every game, Carr makes up his mind he's going to take a shot and everyone in the gym knows it. He just dribbles around while the other 4 watch. Doesn't matter how many guys on him, he's going to pound the ball, until he can jack one up to try to be the hero.

Top Bottom