***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PENN STATE PRIME TIME WHITE OUT IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Did he really say that?
Why the eff would he want to shorten a game he is losing?
And you’re telling me he loses 90% of games he trails?
I don’t think he was talking about the 2nd half specifically. He was talking about what kind of team they are, but then also said they have to be able to get the ball downfield.

I recall similar sentiments last week. They are empty wishes. This is starting to feel like 1982.
I was being so negative the last hour that I tried to find a ray of hope! We could lose every one of these games, especially at Nebraska, since they do have 4-5 star players and might be playing very loose.

Rutgers, Iowa and Northwestern are pretty rotten though.

I relish in the fact that Penn State is feeling really good about their team right now, but we all know they are going to get stomped by tOSU next week.

I can’t believe they show that stupid governors victory bell

I was being so negative the last hour that I tried to find a ray of hope! We could love every one of these games, especially at Nebraska, since they do have 4-5 star players and might be playing very loose.

Rutgers, Iowa and Northwestern are pretty rotten though.
In 1982, we thought Northwestern was a joke and they beat us. The precedent stands

We sure do not see much about #14 or any other linebacker being an impact player this year. (positive)

Where is Oliver? Where are the 4-5 star recruits at LB?????

In 1982, we thought Northwestern was a joke and they beat us. The precedent stands
I am old enough that I do recall that 1982 season, I was pretty young, but I considered it the Curse of Memorial Stadium being abandoned. (Illinois 42- MN 24 - turning point)

We need a poll! How many feel the Gophers stall out at 5 wins? How many think the Gophers will finish bowl eligible at 6 wins? 7 wins, 8, 9 wins?
I predicted 8 wins at the beginning of the year I’m sticking with it

Is it legal to play with receivers and a defensive line?

I am old enough that I do recall that 1982 season, I was pretty young, but I considered it the Curse of Memorial Stadium being abandoned. (Illinois 42- MN 24 - turning point)
Imagine your Freshman year being the last in Memorial Stadium and then being force-fed to the inflatable toilet built for the NFL crowd. 1982-1986 were awful, and I was on the application for the 1985 student season tickets.

Imagine your Freshman year being the last in Memorial Stadium and then being force-fed to the inflatable toilet built for the NFL crowd. 1982-1986 were awful, and I was on the application for the 1985 student season tickets.
No doubt, I was in 10th grade and went to the Ohio State win in 1981 at Memorial Stadium. I went to two games early in that 1982 season and it was the worst ever, and that did not include the football, which went downhill in a hurry! The wretched, dead air of the plastic coffin like Metrodome fit with the end of Gopher football for a very long time.

Looking back that experience probably is what made me not to go the U of M, even though I was accepted and assumed I would go there!

I am pretty sure I did not attend another Gopher Football game after that 1982 Illinois game until Glen Mason was hired, and my hatred of the Metrodome was not muted even with winning.

I honestly don't think it's been as bad as the score reflects. There have been several defensive breakdowns leading to scores for PSU. That's a big problem. But I truly think that the number of bad calls that dug the Gophers into the hole they were in played a role. Seems like the entire team was just deflated. Refs contributed in a big way towards making this game lopsided.
I honestly like your posts almost all of the time, but putting blame on officials in a 45-17 game is a bit of a stretch. Refs didn’t cause MN to not cover a WR or to allow tight ends running free down the middle of the field. Not saying there was not some missed calls, and I mean this with respect, but I’d put the refs at about number 10 on the reasons we lost.

I honestly like your posts almost all of the time, but putting blame on officials in a 45-17 game is a bit of a stretch. Refs didn’t cause MN to not cover a WR or to allow tight ends running free down the middle of the field. Not saying there was not some missed calls, and I mean this with respect, but I’d put the refs at about number 10 on the reasons we lost.

The horrible calls (or non-calls) were all made when the game was close. Yes, it did matter. A lot.

If you have read my posts....you'll see that I am not blaming this loss on the refs. I specifically said that I do not think the game was as lopsided as the score says it was. On whether you agree with me on that would depend on if you think there should have been a hold on PSU's second TD. Whether the Gophers shouldn't have lost the ball on the third quarter interception because of a defensive PI. Whether PSU should have been given a new set of downs (rather than having a 4th) on a very questionable PI on the very next drive after the refs chose not to call a PI on PSU.

Multiple big plays where the rules didn't seem to be applied equally. Shouldn't matter that we lost by 28 points. Bad calls are bad calls. Early on in the second half....while the game was still within reach....the Gophers were on the ass end of a non call that stole the opportunity for the Gophers to get the game back to single digits....and then got shafted a few minutes later when PSU was given a free set of downs leading to a TD putting them up by 21.

No doubt, I was in 10th grade and went to the Ohio State win in 1981 at Memorial Stadium. I went to two games early in that 1982 season and it was the worst ever, and that did not include the football, which went downhill in a hurry! The wretched, dead air of the plastic coffin like Metrodome fit with the end of Gopher football for a very long time.

Looking back that experience probably is what made me not to go the U of M, even though I was accepted and assumed I would go there!

I am pretty sure I did not attend another Gopher Football game after that 1982 Illinois game until Glen Mason was hired, and my hatred of the Metrodome was not muted even with winning.
Like you, I went to games while a kid. I always wanted to go there. I think if I were a year or two younger, UMN would have skyrocketed to the top of my least liked schools with how many screw-up were made while I attended. They were obvious and damaging screw-ups.

Fair take. We can agree to disagree on the importance of the calls.
I would say the terrible no call on the jersey stretching hold that ended with a PSU touchdown instead of moving them back 10 yards was an important miss... beyond that, a call here and there...I thought I saw a fairly obvious block in the back on a long run, or pass play as well, but don't really recall the exact play.

I feel like I‘m watching a Jerry Kill coached team. We just don’t have the talent other than Mo and BSF and that is the big problem. I like AK and he has the potential to be the best QB we have had in over a decade.
You know that is right. When Fleck came in and Johnson, Autman-Bell and Bateman were elite, I thought it would be the team's calling card. This has to be the number one priority via transfer portal in the off season.
The WR group and how it was used during the Kill years was downright depressing. Wolitarsky and Maye were hard nosed guys that made key catches but it was pretty lean otherwise.

I don’t think he was talking about the 2nd half specifically. He was talking about what kind of team they are, but then also said they have to be able to get the ball downfield.
He was asked about the 2nd half tonight and he answered about the 2nd half tonight.

Doesn't matter where you put that on the list. Killer bad officiating should never be on the list.

Top Bottom