***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT OHIO STATE JAMISON BATTLE REVENGE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Yohnson's inability to bring in starting guards is going to be his undoing. Hawkins is a role player on a decent Big Ten team. He's our starter.
Unfortunately he's the only PG on the team. We have a team of SG and wings. You saw what happened against Mizzou when he sat.

Actually don't know what to think (nothing unusual for me). Didn't quit. Lots of life. Shitty TurnOvers and lazy ball handling.
But, there is potential. I hate saying that, but that's all there is.

Hawkins plays like a rabbit on a meth bender at times.

Battle had motivation for a change. Would be surprised if he has that kind of performance again this season.

Can’t start in a 2-12 hole every game with Ihnen and Carrington bumbling around out there.

This second half solidified who your top 5 players are.

Don’t over think it Ben.

Anyone who has watched this team knows Payne and Christie are two of their top 3 players, except for the head coach

Like I said earlier, this might be the best team we will play twice in the regular season. Considering the first half, the second half went pretty well. Ben Johnson has to not waste the openings of each half not playing the full lineup that gives us the best chance to win. Ihnen and Fox should just come off the bench to give a brief respite to the starters. Carrington probably shouldn't play many minutes either until he starts showing something on the offensive end.

We'll probably move up a small amount in the quantitative rankings after this game. Our next opponent lost by 29 points today at home so we'll see how the next game goes.

Can’t start in a 2-12 hole every game with Ihnen and Carrington bumbling around out there.

This second half solidified who your top 5 players are.

Don’t over think it Ben.
Yep- really he is down to 7 now. I think Carrington will come around and JOJ has a lot of Big Ten athlete in him...he just has to be digging the whole time.

Hawkins played his best game as a Gopher tonight- one real bonehead play but he was solid other than the fact that he is a total mismatch against Thornton on defense.

Christie is for real. Payne and Garcia, Hawkins and fill in a 5th. After tonight I would go with JOJ as that guy.

The team is better this year and we might get to 4-6 Big Ten wins. Coyle likely gives Ben another year because “we’re young and improving.”

Overall this is still a bad team, poorly coached and I have very little confidence in Ben. He doesn’t have it.

I agree with Leib that I’ve had more than enough of the “moral victories”

The team is better this year and we might get to 4-6 Big Ten wins. Coyle likely gives Ben another year because “we’re young and improving.”

Overall this is still a bad team, poorly coached and I have very little confidence in Ben. He doesn’t have it.

Team is better. But we don't have another year of Garcia. So what are we building on? I don't currently see where the team goes next year.

I'd take some immoral victories.

10 point loss, 9 more makes on 8 more attempts from the line by tOSU.

You misread my post. I never suggested that he shouldn't play.

Johnson has mismanaged the roster for the past few years. We don't have enough ball handlers.
The roster management leaves a lot to be desired for sure. No disrespect intended.

Team is better. But we don't have another year of Garcia. So what are we building on? I don't currently see where the team goes next year.

If Garcia leaves, they will not be able to pick up another 4 who is even close in value. They probably should move Ola Joseph to the 4 and try to get the best small forward they can.

I don't think osu is that great, frankly. They shot extremely well tonight.

Nebraska is horrid. First conference win coming Wednesday.

Well, according to the quantitative indexes, you underestimate them. They generally are ranked as the third best conference team behind Purdue and Illinois.

Well, we beat the spread. But, without a Herculean effort by Garcia, this game is a massive drubbing.

In the end, Hawkins is showing himself as a lesser version of Isaiah Washington. His turnover when we got down to 6 was brutal. Also, due to his size he got abused on defense. That, however, is on the coaches to figure out how to keep him from being isolated.

The way the boys kept working, I am not quite as depressed as I was at halftime. Somehow these kids (Hawkins specifically) have to stop turning over the basketball. It's another loss tonight because we don't treasure every possession.

I hate to be mean, but is he that effing close minded not to see it?
I don't think so. I think it's just loyalty to some other players who were holdovers. He needs to realize that he has a low margin of error and has to have his best players in for as long as reasonable. He might have decent depth against lowly teams but not against good ones.

Well, according to the quantitative indexes, you underestimate them. They generally are ranked as the third best conference team behind Purdue and Illinois.
They have two if not three of the best guards in the conference if you include Middleton. That is a really nice setup to have. And waiting in the wings, Taison Chatman.

Who would have guessed we would be tied with Purdue after one game and complain about it?
The trick is to be tied with Purdue after two games...or ahead of them.

Well, before all the haters sound off on the loss, I need to click on few things. Firstly, this sounds bad but the officiating gave OSU at least 10 pts., mostly in first half. Terrible home court officiating in a Big Ten game where contact is supposed to be the norm anywhere near the basket. Secondly, MN made no outside shots from the five potential shooters. No onside out play at all, not even a priority. Third, OSU shot out of their minds esp from 3 tonight. If MN doesn’t turn it over and makes anything from distance this is a one possession game. Hey, they covered on the road despite seemingly everything against them. Kudos to Garcia for his NBA play, but not a great look from backcourt tonight in any sense. Freshman Christie seemed to be most comfortable after his early miscues. We’ll beat Neb., and be 1-1 into Jan.

Top Bottom