***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT OHIO STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

To hear Ben tell it. Well it’s just one of those games. Fans are tired of this s year in year out

Wow...Sutherlin basket with 20 seconds remaining was first made basket in 11 minutes.

Defense- no. Offense- no. Coaching - definite no. Can’t win with 3 no’s.

It's almost like they forgot what made them successful early in the season. Don't be sloppy. Take care of the ball. Quality shots.
They regressed to non-disciplined basketball. Passes at people's feet, ball knocked out of their hands repeatedly. I Don't know what to think. I want to trust the coaches to bring back structure, but being beat up by nebraska and losing this game by 25 with a 2 point halftime lead is discouraging.

Loewe seems to be the only one to play consistent “gritty” defense on this team. I just don’t see the BJ and Thomson brand on that side of the ball.

Well, piss! I'm going to watch something on the Hallmark channel.
Exactly what I did when they got down by 10 in the second half. You could just feel the the total breakdown coming. Coaches had no answers to right the ship.

Half time adjustments seemed to be BJ's downfall.

Luckily I signed up for Spectrum's free 12-month Peacock TV offer. I can't believe I had never watched The Office. I'm now starting to binge it. Tonight's Gopher debacle was the perfect time to switch over and catch Dwight, Michael and team for a good chuckle.

Luckily I signed up for Spectrum's free 12-month Peacock TV offer. I can't believe I had never watched The Office. I'm now starting to binge it. Tonight's Gopher debacle was the perfect time to switch over and catch Dwight, Michael and team for a good chuckle.
Omg, the office is everything! Seen its 5x over.

Loewe is the only one on this team that shows THE CULTURE Ben tells us he wants to establish.Loewe always plays for team goals,never individual goals.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This looks like the exact same script as the last 8 years. Start strong, get a big win mid season then fold up completely because we have 0 depth and rely on 1-2 guys for all the offense. Very disappointing.

The same script as the last eight years was year one of a brand new coach who had to bring in a whole new roster of rent-a-players?

Get real.

The same script as the last eight years was year one of a brand new coach who had to bring in a whole new roster of rent-a-players?

Get real.
Which point was I wrong on specifically? The fact we started strong? The part we have 0 depth? The part we have fallen apart? I understand it's year 1, but I don't like excuses. We figured it out to beat Mich and MSU, no reason we should get curb stomped by 27 in a half or lose to Nebraska by a bunch.

Get real.
Yeah the mentality of "I'm sick of the previous coach's results, therefore I expect big things from the new coach right away" is one I don't think I've seen for any other football or basketball coaching hire in the decade plus that I've been on this board.

Which point was I wrong on specifically? The fact we started strong? The part we have 0 depth? The part we have fallen apart? I understand it's year 1, but I don't like excuses. We figured it out to beat Mich and MSU, no reason we should get curb stomped by 27 in a half or lose to Nebraska by a bunch.
whole new team from coaches on down... are you that fickle of a fan that you will somehow assume the two regimes are related? TWO losses all year by 20+... both to match up problems in Illinois and Ohio State. Those teams have some studs with skills.

I think many of you that are whining here should enjoy the rest of this month and next and take a break from Gopher basketball. If you can't find any positives in a weird year like this where we were expected to lose big, early, and often, then I don't think it worth your time making yourself and others miserable. Come back next year... I am sure that you'll have many more opportunities to whine.

Last edited:

Top Bottom