***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT OHIO STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
We got the win, now can we get a win streak? It won't be easy, Ohio State is home, ranked and only 1 loss behind the Big Ten leader.

But we have grit and a little bit of nasty on our side.

Need to get Battle going early, he's been a second half player as of late. Would love to see another career game from Curry, love getting every last drop of output out of him.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only down 2 at the half in the first meeting and that was without Curry. They crushed us on the boards, especially offensive rebounds. Hopefully having Curry back will help keep the rebounding margin closer and give us a shot to pull the upset.

Only down 2 at the half in the first meeting and that was without Curry. They crushed us on the boards, especially offensive rebounds. Hopefully having Curry back will help keep the rebounding margin closer and give us a shot to pull the upset.
I have not seen boxing out like we should. Maybe we could get a cheer leader pregame to show them how.

EJ Liddell is Jordan Murphy with a jump shot, we just don't have a guy on the roster to match that, however if we can do a better job on the glass this go around, (can't get any worse) limit their outside shooting and play at a pace we want to play, we can hang around and if we hang around all bets are off at the end.

Last edited:

How many did Curry have against Penn State ?

How many did Curry have against Penn State ?
Just 1, but that doesn't change the fact that he averages 6.5 rebounds a game which is tied for the team lead with Battle.

So gotta think him being out there will help us in the rebounding department against Ohio State.

Yikes!
Games: Sat-Tues-Thur- Sat. How will our limited roster hold up to that?🤔

TV timeouts
Flagrant fouls reviews
Clock issues
Clean up floor
Review clock for.3 second add ons checking for possessions
shoes
Injuries
Ask ref for call explainations
You need anymore ?
Its nonsense, but their are ways to get rest

TV timeouts
Flagrant fouls reviews
Clock issues
Clean up floor
shoes
Injuries
You need anymore ?
You missed a big one...Fake an injury (while we have possession of the ball of course)

TV timeouts
Flagrant fouls reviews
Clock issues
Clean up floor
shoes
Injuries
You need anymore ?
We do need to really take into account the TV timeouts when looking at player minutes and rest. Coaches do and will sub guys right before a tv timeout on purpose in many cases, so they get their 2-3 minute rest extended by the TV timeout. So yeah they played 36 minutes, but they could've gotten longer rest times that many would think.

I don't recall seeing anything official but have to assume it was injury or illness related since he didn't play at all against Penn State.
Why are we assuming that? Daniels only played like one 3 minute stint vs Penn State. Very possible it was a DNP-CD.

I just heard the golden gopher update on the fan with Ben. Lauded OSU. I think Ben expects the gophs to lose by 20.

Why are we assuming that? Daniels only played like one 3 minute stint vs Penn State. Very possible it was a DNP-CD.
Let me rephrase - I don't believe he was available for the game. Whether that was due to injury, illness or some other reason (discipline for example) I have no clue. Had he been available I believe he would have played because he has become a regular part of the rotation.

Daniels minutes were pretty consistent with what he has gotten in other games where Curry has played. They might have been on the lower end due to PSU going small late in the game but overall his usage seemed in line with most games.

Let me rephrase - I don't believe he was available for the game. Whether that was due to injury, illness or some other reason (discipline for example) I have no clue. Had he been available I believe he would have played because he has become a regular part of the rotation.

Daniels minutes were pretty consistent with what he has gotten in other games where Curry has played. They might have been on the lower end due to PSU going small late in the game but overall his usage seemed in line with most games.
Minutes since Curry came back:

............... TT........CD
@Wis: 4 ...............6
Pur: 12.........10
iowa 14............ 9
@Neb 7...........12
PSU 0..............5

Minutes since Curry came back:

............... TT........CD
@Wis: 4 ...............6
Pur: 12.........10
iowa 14............ 9
@Neb 7...........12
PSU 0..............5
Right....so CD's minutes seem in line with what he gets in games when Curry plays (although a little lower due to PSU going small) while TT's minutes do not fit with what he has been getting. Which to me confirms the fact that he was unavailable for the PSU game. The only mystery would seem to be why he wasn't available.

Top Bottom