***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT OHIO STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Horrible ending to the half. But that's sports. Not for lack of effort. Willis is just off tonight.

He played due to necessity. And performed well. I don’t think that’s because he was ready. He was always ready. He isn’t behind a bunch of good players.
That's quite the take considering the coach said the exact opposite.

Being off is one thing, missing a two foot bunny is on a whole different level.

The guy probably flopped

But it is a clear cut call 95% of the time. Lowering your shoulder and barreling into defender is flashing "Please call me for a foul".
That's the thing. Defender allows 1 bump, 2 bumps, 3rd bump is the flop. Textbook. Not a fan of flops, but that is how they get the calls.

TT not playing earlier in the year is the biggest indictment of Johnson so far. He isn’t a world beater but he is able to help.
Or, depending on how you want to spin it, Johnson has developed TT a long ways since the start of the year.

none of us saw practices, no way of knowing if TT would have helped early in the year, in games which we ended up winning anyway.

Team Stats
Game Stats
Minnesota
Ohio State
Points2523
FG10-3011-27
FG%33.340.7
3P4-111-8
3P%36.412.5
FT1-20-0
FT%50.00.0
Rebounds1818
Offensive Rebounds42
Defensive Rebounds1416
Ties33
Lead Changes77
Time with Lead11:485:03
Lead % of Game59.025.3
Last Lead17-16
Last Lead: Time5:58 (1st)
Largest Lead64
Largest Lead: Score23-1717-13
Largest Lead: Time2:55 (1st)9:22 (1st)
Assists52
Turnovers58
Bench Points67
Blocks02
On Court Points2019
Fastbreak Points12
Steals61
Points off Turnovers82
Points in the Paint816
Second Chance Points42
Personal Fouls55
Technical Fouls00
Possessions3232

Maybe he wasn't ready to play? He started playing as soon as they started struggling.
He played due to necessity. And performed well. I don’t think that’s because he was ready. He was always ready. He isn’t behind a bunch of good players

That's the thing. Defender allows 1 bump, 2 bumps, 3rd bump is the flop. Textbook. Not a fan of flops, but that is how they get the calls.

Correct, but the defenders wait for the shoulder to lower into them. The first two bumps are back down bumps(Liddell did it masterfully on O a possesion early and didnt lower his shoulder ever), then the moment the shoulder lowers, they drop.

Its really always going to be called, just cant do it.

Last game I stopped watching at halftime because I'm superstitious and the Gophers ended up winning. This game I'm watching until the end so.......

Offensive rebounds 4-2 Minnesota. Overall 18-18. Worried that is an anomaly. Keep that, and the 1-8 3 point shooting for OSU, and the Gophs have a shot. Good defensive numbers 1st half. Worried OSU gets some fire at some point in the 2nd.

Correct, but the defenders wait for the shoulder to lower into them. The first two bumps are back down bumps(Liddell did it masterfully on O a possesion early and didnt lower his shoulder ever), then the moment the shoulder lowers, they drop.

Its really always going to be called, just cant do it.
Agreed. 1st 2 give the offensive player the thought "I can hit harder this time" and they do it, and "Down goes Frazier!" for the call. I posted when it happened, can see it coming a mile away. Oh well, it happens to the best of 'em.

Top Bottom